Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
ORION is back on steam, presumably sans the assets they ripped off from Activision

http://store.steampowered.com/app/407840/

ON SALE FOR ONLY $0.49 US DOLLARS

(ELITE EDITION DLC for $49.99 US DOLLARS)

poptart_fairy posted:

maybe you should not be so invested in that you continue to argue about it after the death of multiple heck threads my friend
Your disdain for Noah is as predictable as clockwork

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kivtv6wabBk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
i have no idea who noah is

because i don't watch videos that are ninety minutes long

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I just want to play Doot IV 100,000 Angry Tromboners.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

poptart_fairy posted:

i have no idea who noah is

because i don't watch videos that are ninety minutes long
Yes I know you never watched the video, just like all the other people who disliked it

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Click play: skinny hand in a suit burning a piece of printer paper with chickenscratch scrawled onto it next to a dead kennedys album. one hour and twenty five minutes

Close tab

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
please stop projecting my friend :)

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Cardboard Box A posted:

ORION is back on steam, presumably sans the assets they ripped off from Activision

Only review of the Elite Edition:

quote:

Great buy. You get so much in-game from it. Best part is access to the first 20 Guardians (As they are released).

( Elite Package Details )
· Armors/Hats/Helmets/Skins as UNLOCKS instead of TRANSACTIONS · 50% Store Savings*
· 10,000,000 Starting Ion
· Access to the first 20 Guardians
· Exclusive Elite Armor
· Exclusive Elite Helmet
· Exclusive Elite Cloak
· Exclusive Pet
· Exclusive Game Icon
Hmmm something tells me this isn't an honest review.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Darkhold posted:

Only review of the Elite Edition:
Hmmm something tells me this isn't an honest review.

Sounds like a Russian wrote it

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Ghostlight posted:

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Ghostlight posted:

I just want to play Doot IV 100,000 Angry boners.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Odobenidae posted:

Click play: skinny hand in a suit burning a piece of printer paper with chickenscratch scrawled onto it next to a dead kennedys album. one hour and twenty five minutes

Close tab

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
I listened to that video a while ago while doing other stuff, I think I agree with the guy. Though he should've made it a podcast instead.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Cardboard Box A posted:

Lmao, so all that drama was for nothing. I'm still waiting for the combined forces of Disney, Blizzard and EA to take it down for stealing character designs.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Ghostlight posted:

Yeah

Also I got a kick out of "Gary's Mod"

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Palpek posted:

Lmao, so all that drama was for nothing. I'm still waiting for the combined forces of Disney, Blizzard and EA to take it down for stealing character designs.

Well, it drew attention to them through dumb drama, which seems to be this guy's modus operandi, and he also gets something like $500+ from idiots through his indiegogo scam, so thanks activision or something I guess

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

duckfarts posted:

Well, it drew attention to them through dumb drama, which seems to be this guy's modus operandi, and he also gets something like $500+ from idiots through his indiegogo scam, so thanks activision or something I guess

500 of the dollars on his indigo are from him. That's not speculation btw

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

duckfarts posted:

Here's a part of his new announcement. It turns out Activision finally gave him examples of what was stolen and it was way more than what was found by people on the itnernet. It also reads like he's taken a step back and realized they hosed up. Maybe this should have been the initial resposne though?

quote:

All that being said, that is simply a minor inconvenience in the grand scheme of things given what I learned yesterday directly from Activision.

I am now in complete compliance with their complaint and I am equally as mad. While I don't agree simply based on the evidence that you are all going on about, relating to our Auto Shotgun - I do see similarities in the sights/bolts, etc. I don't believe it was important enough to remedy immediately, affecting production on all ends to simply replace that one weapon when we could just do it later on. We acted under the pretense this was the only infraction/issue. This was not the case. Regardless, I understand that was a unique perspective and that many in the community and even on the team agreed for it to go. In the end, it WAS removed from the game and will be made public in the upcoming Version 1.5.5.

Last night I received evidence directly from Activision regarding assets not even mentioned in public yet. Upon receiving this it became immediately apparent that blatant rips were made. While the artist offered to remake any assets at no cost, he has now been fired immediately upon learning this. This will slightly affect production and I will get into that later.

quote:

What most users also don't understand is that I personally don't build these weapons. I am not a 3D artist, at all. I am responsible for anything from the business, to making the maps/worlds, and making sure the product comes together. What I am responsible for is hiring the individual responsible. And this is what concerns me the most: I cannot guarantee this will be prevented in the future. I don't get to play other games, I am working on this full-time. I would never have the chance at cross-checking content across every game nor could I be expected to. This is why we are open to fan submissions or even developer ones like this. If there is valid proof, we will remove it immediately.

quote:

So what can I do to assume what is ultimately my responsibility?
1. We are removing ANY content that Activision finds offensive, immediately.
2. I am removing ALL DevHelmets from the game. This includes Fettuccine which we gave away to all users for free.
3. Other artists within the team have volunteered to remedy any assets required to restore the game to its quickest state as fast as possible.
4. We are shutting down social media. I don't find the results from when it's positive large enough, and when it gets bad it's just horrible. We really need to bunker down to catch up on what was removed and we just want to focus on the game and will continue to do so and post updates/interactions to orion-project.net OR are YouTube which will remain operational:

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I had no interest in Orion before, but now that I know it's apparently a straight destiny ripoff I'm intrigued for $.49 .

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

RiffRaff1138 posted:

So, uh... In Postal 2, in the east half of the mall, next to Turdines, there's a gated off, empty storefront with a sign on it saying, "Closed for renovation, reopening June 2016."

Well, it's June 2016, the game just updated, and, uh...

I thought you typed Portal 2 and got very baffled by some of those screenshots

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

quote:

What I am responsible for is hiring the individual responsible. And this is what concerns me the most: I cannot guarantee this will be prevented in the future.

Guys, I'm just hiring shady artists in an alleyway for a pittance, I can't control the fact that they steal assets from other games! What am I supposed to do, hire reputable artists and enforce a code of ethics in my company?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Substandard posted:

I had no interest in Orion before, but now that I know it's apparently a straight destiny ripoff I'm intrigued for $.49 .

Is it even a Destiny ripoff? I thought that poo poo was some kind of horde mode game.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Nonono, the Destiny ripoff is The Division...

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Cardboard Box A posted:

Has Palpek gave this game a bad game review yet?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Rirse posted:

Has Palpek gave this game a bad game review yet?
I reviewed the first Orion: Dino Beatdown. When the T-Rex glitched by launching into space it was very a special moment.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
To hopefully lighten the mood later, I picked up Drawful 2. I will try to host a few games tonight around 9:00 PM CST. Keep an eye out here for the link if you would like to join in and be shamed for your horrible drawings (now in two colors!).

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I mean, yeah, it's hard for a single manager to verify the originality of all of a game's assets vs all assets in all other games, but you know what, somehow most other games figure out how to not get sued so maybe get a lawyer for your company, and be professional about this poo poo.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

are YouTube 

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
So this is the cheapest RESIDENT EVIL 6 has ever been right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYtNK8yXzAY

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

mutata posted:

I mean, yeah, it's hard for a single manager to verify the originality of all of a game's assets vs all assets in all other games, but you know what, somehow most other games figure out how to not get sued so maybe get a lawyer for your company, and be professional about this poo poo.

alternatively, hire people that play a variety of games and know what video games look like.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Substandard posted:

Yeah I bought it after not knowing about it all before all of this drama. So I guess it worked?

Although I did enjoy the first game even though it was janky as hell.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

WirelessPillow posted:

alternatively, hire people that play a variety of games and know what video games look like.

He obviously did, they just treat all video games as a menu!

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Shima Honnou posted:

Is it even a Destiny ripoff? I thought that poo poo was some kind of horde mode game.

Yup, horde mode-ish kinda game. Current game modes are Harvester and Survival. Harvester is basically moving around a map defending a harvester from enemy waves, I'm not sure about survival, but if it's anything like the last game, it's going to a base and defending its generator against enemy waves and occasionally going to other outposts to defend them in a sort of rotating objective cycle.

Thing is, the game is reasonably competent and not-terrible. The current one lets you switch between an isometric, behind the back third person, and first person view, and does so pretty well actually. Isometric gives you autoaim for height, but you can see farther in the third and first person modes. They have classes like the first game so you can run around with a jetpack or be sniper or whatever, etc etc. It's something I want to try playing with friends later down the line sometime.

That said, I only played the new one for like 10 minutes offline a few times, so I haven't looked into the crafting system however that works or seen any content that looks yoinked.

This is why I keep saying "why do they have to do this they don't even need to"

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Shima Honnou posted:

Yeah, I bought it and played it about an hour. I don't have any clue what "survival" mode is because when I went into online mode I started in a base with a couple of tables that said "start game" and they let you start / join a harvester mode game. It is exactly a wave based survival horde mode thing. I thought that the autorifle lacked punch, but the jetpack feels real nice on the assault class. The autoshotgun feels pretty great on the support / pyro. The guns all look terrible at the moment because they replaced the Activision knock off models with what seem to be place holders.

Overall it doesn't actually seem terrible, although it has a lot of free-to-play style stuff going on. It seems incredibly grindy and they sell "xp boost" packs. There are with 2 different currencies "ion" and "trek points" or something. You can only use trek points to unlock additional classes (You can apparently use them all in offline mode without any purchases though, it seems to have separate character progression, etc.). I have no idea if you can earn a decent amount of trek points in game or not. It's clearly not at all finished, but I've spent $.49 on a lot worse things honestly.

I don't know that I'd really recommend it, but I'll probably screw around with it some more.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Substandard posted:

Yeah, I bought it and played it about an hour. I don't have any clue what "survival" mode is because when I went into online mode I started in a base with a couple of tables that said "start game" and they let you start / join a harvester mode game. It is exactly a wave based survival horde mode thing. I thought that the autorifle lacked punch, but the jetpack feels real nice on the assault class. The autoshotgun feels pretty great on the support / pyro. The guns all look terrible at the moment because they replaced the Activision knock off models with what seem to be place holders.

Overall it doesn't actually seem terrible, although it has a lot of free-to-play style stuff going on. It seems incredibly grindy and they sell "xp boost" packs. There are with 2 different currencies "ion" and "trek points" or something. You can only use trek points to unlock additional classes (You can apparently use them all in offline mode without any purchases though, it seems to have separate character progression, etc.). I have no idea if you can earn a decent amount of trek points in game or not. It's clearly not at all finished, but I've spent $.49 on a lot worse things honestly.

I don't know that I'd really recommend it, but I'll probably screw around with it some more.

Orion is actually real fun to play with some buddies, or at least it was like a year ago or something when we were playing last :v:
You can get up to some weird spots with your jetpacks, and the game even has ways of surprising you. I thought I was safe up on this giant rock, taking pot shots at the T-Rex, when the T-Rex ripped up a giant boulder from the ground and hurled it at me.

It's surprisingly competent for .49-.99 game.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Doom's new update is live. 2.5GB. Can't wait for the crotch gun.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I haven't played it yet so I get to play the whole thing with the centered guns!

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Garfu posted:

Yeah I bought it after not knowing about it all before all of this drama. So I guess it worked?

Although I did enjoy the first game even though it was janky as hell.

Holy poo poo this is terrible. Is it even worth it to refund a $0.49 game? Ugh

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Palpek posted:

Content still being produced for Postal 2 in recent times (like that full expansion from last year) is the most baffling thing. Like, there's probably somebody sitting in the game's SDK right at this moment being paid to create some 2003-looking textures for it...

It makes more sense when you find out that Running With Scissors is like four guys in Arizona.

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.

Turtlicious posted:

Do you ever have so many games you want to play that you end up playing nothing because you simply can't decide?

I do. It's terrible.

I went through my ridiculous backlog and made a "play me first" list. Of course, that list is like 20 games long too, so once I'm done with Stardew Valley I might be rolling a die or something to figure out what's next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Yes I would like to play through a Beksinski painting thank you

• Locked thread