Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Inco posted:

I picked up KAMI and it's a p chill puzzle game, but the hint system either only offers one hint per puzzle (but uses up some of your in game "hint coins" every time you want to see it), or it's broken and never shows more than the first hint for each puzzle. It's pretty good either way, though.

Completely different mechanic, but a similar feeling chill puzzle game is LYNE, where you have to connect colored shapes along a grid without crossing lines. Good for relaxing for 5 or 10 minutes at a time and has free DLC in the form of extra puzzle packs of various difficulties. Also 90 cents, get on this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Turd Herder posted:

Do we have a thread for Empyrion - Galactic Survival?

And does anyone have thoughts on this game? Is it a MMO or do you join smaller servers.

It is not an MMO. There's probably a thread. It's here. Read the steam page and you've got platinum, so use the search function! :argh:

Ganson
Jul 13, 2007
I know where the electrical tape is!
Empyrion is fun but don't make the mistake of playing single player.

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK

Ganson posted:

Empyrion is fun but don't make the mistake of playing single player.

Ya now that I have the goon thread I can group up. Thanks both of you :D

kater
Nov 16, 2010

There's no discount on new ori for having old?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

kater posted:

There's no discount on new ori for having old?

I think there was a discount when it released, but that was a limited time thing.

edit: yep, I got a 75% discount about a year ago.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Well poo poo, Idle Weekend has been giving Prey absolutely glowing, GOTY reviews so now I might want to pick it up before the sale ends

Orv
May 4, 2011

QuarkJets posted:

Well poo poo, Idle Weekend has been giving Prey absolutely glowing, GOTY reviews so now I might want to pick it up before the sale ends

It deserves them.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/202670/Nancy_Drew_Alibi_in_Ashes/ nancy drew goes to loving prison

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

corn in the bible posted:

Yeah, you can pick them as maps when you're hosting a CO-OP game but just make sure both of you have the dlc installed or it will not work

Welp, looks like I'm spending a bit more than I expected.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

QuarkJets posted:

It's a great game but I'm still having Nightmares :ohdear:

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry

Deakul posted:

Do you guys happen to know if the Sniper Elite 3/4 DLC missions can be co-op'd?

In SE4, the Target Führer and the Deathstorm series (3 parts in all, 2 released so far), are 1-2 player missions, that works really well in co-op.

Morter asked earlier if non-stealth was fun. The Survival co-op mode is pretty drat intense on these huge maps, and it's straight up shooting with no stealth involved, as wave after wave of nazis tries to kick your butt.
Kragger and I finally finished one of the Survival maps, and it's about an hour of scouring for ammo on dead bodies, while booby trapping them, tagging enemies while the other picks them off, then running for the next command center to defend.

I don't remember when I last had this much fun playing a shooter, as you both get the stealthy SP campaign and can chose to do co-op both as stealth in the regular DLC missions and straight up nazi massacre in Survival.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I decided to try out left 4 dead 2 and 1) It's really good, and 2) I can't play it any more because whenever I try to play a game I get stuck in an infinite loading screen. Any possible solutions?

E: Update: Works fine in single player.

E2: Turns out I just had an insane number of mods and it was too much for the game to bear.

Mikedawson fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jun 26, 2017

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Fart of Presto posted:

In SE4, the Target Führer and the Deathstorm series (3 parts in all, 2 released so far), are 1-2 player missions, that works really well in co-op.

Morter asked earlier if non-stealth was fun. The Survival co-op mode is pretty drat intense on these huge maps, and it's straight up shooting with no stealth involved, as wave after wave of nazis tries to kick your butt.
Kragger and I finally finished one of the Survival maps, and it's about an hour of scouring for ammo on dead bodies, while booby trapping them, tagging enemies while the other picks them off, then running for the next command center to defend.

I don't remember when I last had this much fun playing a shooter, as you both get the stealthy SP campaign and can chose to do co-op both as stealth in the regular DLC missions and straight up nazi massacre in Survival.

Funnily enough, I never asked about stealth. :v:

It was more about how well the gunplay is if it isn't purely "from several kilometers away trickshots".

But this is all very good to know otherwise, thanks!

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

"Inspired by such games as Castlevania and Ninja Gaiden; aftermath is a NES styled action platformer. However in Aftermath you play as a dog"

:smugdog:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Wait when did Steam's video player start working in iOS?

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Fart of Presto posted:

Yeah, I really liked SE3 (and 2 for that matter), but I told myself that when Fart and I finished the first Survival co-op, I could uninstall the game, as I'd completed the main story in single player, and did a few extra achievements. But I don't want to uninstall it now. It's too much fun.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

pillars of eternity is STRONGLY RECOMMENDING (their caps) that i play on easy as im not very experienced in infinity engine rpgs. i cant remember the last game i played on easy. surely normal isnt that hard?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I've never seen a game recommend easy before.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

play all games on easy

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The combat system in Pillars is fiddly and unfun, play on Easy for the story

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

CharlestheHammer posted:

STRONGLY RECOMMENDED

its weird, which is why im asking.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Awesome! posted:

STRONGLY RECOMMENDED

its weird, which is why im asking.

I think it starts on hard and tries to figure out what difficulty you should play on after the prologue is over? I dunno. The main differences are the encounters change between difficulty levels.

easy may have a bear cub. normal may have a bear. hard will have a bear and two cubs.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The combat system in Pillars is fiddly and unfun, play on Easy for the story

there is also a "dont hurt me i just want the story" mode but i dont like those

if the combat in a game is so bad i basically want to skip it i probably wont think the game is worth playing at all

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Awesome! posted:

if the combat in a game is so bad i basically want to skip it i probably wont think the game is worth playing at all

The combat isn't bad, for an IE mockup. Normal mode should be fine as long as you understand the basics of how RPGs work and are fine with occasionally dying to harder encounters.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

havenwaters posted:

I think it starts on hard and tries to figure out what difficulty you should play on after the prologue is over?
there is a standard difficulty selection as the very first thing, before character creation.

no clue if it tries to scale the experience from there. it is not mentioned

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Orv posted:

It deserves them.

counterpoint: hollow knight came out this year

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Awesome! posted:

no clue if it tries to scale the experience from there. it is not mentioned

it doesn't. different difficulties change the spawns and i believe enemy saving throws and DCs vs their attacks increase as well. also i think on normal and below, your spells won't splash your party members.

Synthbuttrange posted:

play all games on easy

:hf: brah no shame

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

CharlestheHammer posted:

almost sure FTL does it

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Awesome! posted:

It's not bad but it can be complicated and benefits from a lot of customization that you probably won't know about right away. This may make it bad for you but it was explicitly designed to be like old CRPGs. Do you like those games? If you don't know, put it on Easy and see what how it goes. If you enjoy it but its too easy, bump it up and apply some of what you learned to Normal. If you don't like it on Easy, making it harder won't make it better.

Orv
May 4, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

counterpoint: hollow knight came out this year

I meant the praise in general, Prey and Hollowknight are both exceptional games.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Immortal Redneck seems like a really nice game despite the one-liners.

Ganson
Jul 13, 2007
Got Dungeon of the Endless and the two DLC, utter piece of dogshit. Ended up losing a dollar on the refund due to the DLC. Don't make the same mistake I did, wait to buy the DLC.

Might pick up Worms Armageddon for when we have couch coop parties since the only worms game I have is Forts.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Ganson posted:

Got Dungeon of the Endless and the two DLC, utter piece of dogshit. Ended up losing a dollar on the refund due to the DLC. Don't make the same mistake I did, wait to buy the DLC.

what did you dislike about it? i enjoyed dungeon of the endless... mostly... fwiw

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

one dungeon of the endless tip that they dont tell you: if you have a hero in a dark room stuff wont spawn in it

i think its a pretty cool game

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Ganson posted:

Might pick up Worms Armageddon for when we have couch coop parties since the only worms game I have is Forts.

It's one of my favorite games in its genre! What went wrong?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
i wish crysis 3 was good

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Ganson posted:

Yea I'm going to have to strongly disagree. Dungeon of the Endless is fantastic.

Ganson
Jul 13, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

It's one of my favorite games in its genre! What went wrong?

I didn't like their attitude of 'heres a couple mechanics, die a lot to find the rest out.' I don't need all the rules spelled out in crayon but some tool tips would be nice.

The first 30 minutes were also just utterly forgettable, there's no 'hook' to make me want to keep playing. Doesn't help that I don't enjoy pixel art at all.

To each his own but I had zero fun with it in 30 minutes and then they ripped me off a dollar on the refund.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
Wow, that's too bad. I pretty much hate any game I've ever played that could remotely fit into the "tower defense" category, but I absolutely loved and played the poo poo out of DotE.

• Locked thread