Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Tezzeract posted:

New Vegas was completely broken on consoles. I actually felt embarrassed that I advised my friend to get it because it would just crash on his PS3 all the time.

To be fair I don't think any Bethesda-Gamebryo/Skyrim engine game works well on PS3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Justin_Brett posted:

Is any of the Fallout 3 DLC good? That would be why I'd get it on PC, since my copy of it's in just the other room. Unless there's some really good Mods.

I think it's all pretty worth it except for Mothership Zeta, but just get the GotY and don't play MZ, I think some worthwhile mods use MZ.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

tater_salad posted:

Is there a reason why I shouldn't purchase kerbal space program? It's been on my list for a while and think I want to impulse it while on sale.

It's amazingly fun, and it's got a fairly competent career mode now, so it's a good time.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Blizzard lied, Cain died.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Mr. Flunchy posted:

I like to think I can deal with dated graphics but this is pushing it a bit...

Looks like an N64 game.

It's almost as if it came out 14 years ago. However, even without dated graphics it's not very fun, and wasn't very fun when it came out to me, the 2nd is still pretty good, but Contracts and Blood Money are really where it's at.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

The main problem with Hitman 2: Silent Assassin and Hitman: Contracts is that your sneak speed is just absurdly slow. It's very noticeable if you have played Blood Money or Absolution. Despite loving Hitman 2 when it came out, I now find it to be unplayable because of this.

I can definitely agree with this, I don't really play those anymore because of the sneak speed, and the disguises being annoying.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

You guys ought to try out Nosgoth. It's really fun from the little that I played. Any opinions on how microtransactions are handled in the game?

Mr E fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Aug 8, 2014

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I want to make a product like this, where a team can say "yes, we can now sell this amazing product for cash money".

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

It would be seriously awesome if they release the HD collection as well but I get the feeling that Konami is already unsure about MGSV, and they probably don't want to go all-in on the PC all at once.

Plus, who knows if the engines besides MGS2 (already on PC) are easy enough to be worth the port. Still, glad I have no reason to get a PS4 again.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

There's still Bloodborne and The Last of Us, had you not played it on PS3.

Oh gently caress I forgot about Bloodborne.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I AM BRAWW posted:

I do love the good ol' "Absolution is total loving poo poo and is the worst game ever because it's not Blood Money 2, which is what I expected it to be when I bought it." argument. Fricken epic.

I didn't expect that, and don't think it's a terrible game, but I didn't expect it to deviate from quite a bit of the things that made Blood Money good. After patching the disguises aren't terrible, but I frequently had problems with the people I killed resetting among other things resetting if a checkpoint was loaded.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'm currently playing through AP for the 4th time, and at this point sprint through Saudi and just punch everything to sleep.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I've even had it happen on loading instead of quickloading, but only if I load a autosave at the very beginning of a mission.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Scratch-O posted:

VBC's world-famous streak of bad posts continues

It's really pretty impressive.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Who the gently caress plays an asscreed game without using a controller?

Finally, something we can agree on!

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Drifter posted:

What, you want me to sit on my couch with a KEYBOARD in my lap?

Fuckin' casuals. :smuggo:

As an aside, I just watched the giantbomb quicklook of Double Fine's Massive CHalice and the core gameplay looks absolutely uninteresting and boring. That entire game looks bland from a play perspective.

I sit on the couch with a keyboard because my apartment is tiny so my computer is right next to me anyway, it's great.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

A handy tip for DS2: Make sure you have some sort of ranged (bow or xbow) for the Shrine of Amana area, that area is much more fun with that in mind.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

My favorite part of Borderlands 2 is that any time it's mentioned in this thread it gets argued about for pages upon pages.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

poptart_fairy posted:

Did the Prototype 2 port ever get sorted, or wasn't it as bad as people made out?

Last time I played through on my ATI card I had some memory leak issues that were solved by alt-tabbing out/in again. The first time I could only play for about 15 minutes without crashing, so the answer to that is it might work if you have an ATI card. If you have an Nvidia it seems to work fine from what I can tell.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

LLCoolJD posted:

I know I'm in like-minded company when posts still refer to AMD cards as ATI cards.

It won't matter what I call it because I don't think I'll ever get one again, driver support is awful. I've had trouble in the past with nVidia cards, but none like my current ATI.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

It's alright, but it really is pretty bland, if it does come out on PC I don't think I'll get it.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Lance Streetman posted:

The only really bad part about DMC4 is that you have to play as a kid named Nero before you can get to Dante, and once you unlock Dante you have to play all of Nero's levels as him. It's a shame, because Dante is great in DMC4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfdzyIrd89U

It's not like Nero's not fun, but being able to switch between styles as Dante makes it really hard to go back to DMC3.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Centipeed posted:

As a counter point, I very much enjoyed DMC, and I haven't heard any compelling reasons that it was a bad game except for "It's not like previous DMC games".

Though if someone wants to explain to me what makes the gameplay so bad, I'm all ears.

The gameplay, by itself, isn't godawful, though there are better games out there. However, the scoring system is really bad. If I can use the same attack, or two attacks over and over and get a good score, the game doesn't have compelling gameplay for an action game. At the price it's at it's not a bad choice to pick up, I just think that people should also pick up DMC4 if they want engaging gameplay throughout.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Xaris posted:

The only DMC game I ever played was 4 so I knew nothing about them... but I kinda got tired of DMC4 halfway through some castle sewer thing level. Camera felt really PSX era and I was fighting the camera more than the enemies, level design was kinda blah and combat wasn't grabbing me. But then again I've been spoiled with games since then such as Revengence, Bayonetta, Vanquish, etc.

Not sure how you had problems with the camera but were fine with Revengence's :v:. Though I'll agree that Revengence, Bayonetta, and Vanquish are all fantastic games that spoil me.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Lance Streetman posted:

DMC Dante is basically a kid's idea of a cool character, somebody who just spouts cheesy one-liners and is basically invincible. Reboot Dante is what an angsty middle-schooler thinks a cool character is. Just a dude who treats everybody else like poo poo, swears a lot but only ever says "gently caress" and "poo poo" because they don't know any other swears, and thinks that anything controversial is immediately cool.

Turns out a kid's idea of a cool character is way better than a middle-schooler's.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Crazily enough expecting CoD numbers in a non-CoD game will leave you disappointed.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

poptart_fairy posted:

So I got DMC and DMC4 and I feel bad guys but I kinda prefer DMC please don't hate me (moreso). :ohdear:

Excuse me, why don't you like the same games the same way as me.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

I realize this but I don't wanna pirate games. I can still play both on Vita so it's not a big deal, I'd just like to have them on PC because eventually they'll release a new handheld that can't play them or mine will break.

If you have the game you can always rip the game from your UMD.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

King Vidiot posted:

The funniest part is that they both probably paid like $50 apiece just for that gimmick.

If it makes goons constantly mad about anime it's worth it, that's the best part of the steam thread.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Just reminding everyone here that you can currently get Shadow of Mordor over at Nuuvem for the equivalent of about 30 bucks USD. The deal goes away in 9 hours, and the prerelease videos and gameplay footage looks fantastic, plus you'll get the preorder stuff from Steam. You can't preload as you get the key when the game releases.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Zombie Samurai posted:

They might be on to something here. I assume the only way to make Wasteland 2 stop appearing as a recommendation on every single page is to buy it. :argh:

You'll feel better both about it going away and as a person if you buy it.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I've never actually had a game on Gog that has updates anymore, so what will I have to do to update Wasteland 2 from there?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Authorman posted:

Gone Home is objectively a better game than Dark Souls.

Would you call Gone Home the Dark Souls of exploration walking? I haven't played the game so this isn't a statement on the quality of the game.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

As posted in the game's thread, get Mordor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSt5zJRVNIg

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

there's a scene where watson thinks they're going to die and starts crying, and it turns out sherlock knew they were fine the whole time and starts laughing at him

that's supposed to be proof that sherlock is a good friend

I took that scene that Sherlock is an rear end in a top hat still and Watson puts up with him because he's an idiot :v:.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Tezzeract posted:

Sounds like Wasteland 2 needs a bunch of quality of life fixes before it becomes a truly good game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnxdNncArdo

Hope the devs are working on Wasteland: Dragonfall.

It's a really good game that I've stopped playing due to the fact that I've been getting a ton of bugs with. It's worth playing, but it's probably worth waiting on a few patches.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Ddraig posted:

Possibly. The worst thing about Orcs is that it's a natural extension of his 'black = bad, light = good' thing. The Southern men were those who had rejected goodness and been led astray. Just so happens they were swarthy individuals, and Orcs were the worst of all, being completely an irredeemably evil. They also happened to be black skinned, broad noses, slanted eyes... and happened to carry curved swords that even Tolkien referred to as 'scimitars'

It's rather hard to deny that they were very much a gross caricature of numerous groups of people. Even Tolkien himself admitted to this (although he said they were based on Mongol-types etc.)

The Peter Jackson films were very odd about this since he pretty much created the orcs exactly as they were depicted in the books. I'm guessing a lot of poo poo that came about was because people finally had an accurate representation of what Tolkien created to point to and say 'This is a bit of a problem'

My favorite part of this derail is that you said it was bad and now are continuing it.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

You fuckers are making me consider getting SWTOR for like a month. I need something to hold my attention sense I have a crippling MMO addiction and the new WOW expac doesn't come out for a month.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Eruonen posted:

Velvet Assassin is an awful game. Play something else if you can.

Is it so awful that it's.... spooky? :ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I know it almost literally just came out, but because I can get it for 15 bucks, and don't have most of the DLC, should I go ahead and grab the definitive Sleeping Dogs if I've been wanting to install the game?

• Locked thread