Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Just friend me and I'll help you out: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZeddNL/
(Something is cheaper here than the US for a change :vince: )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Palpek posted:

Don't do it! He won't be able to redeem the gift, the region lock is really hardcore for the game.
Oh it's that kind of lock. I didn't know that.
Oh well, I tried to help. :unsmith:

Hows the Witcher 3 lockdown going btw? I heard they cracked down hard on that game a while ago.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

ME3 (as a massive fan of ME1+ME2) starts off weird, turns pretty drat cool, and turns to poo poo near the end storywise. The actual gameplay is the best it's been. The first hour and everything past Rannoch are terrible though storywise; but for 5bux or something it's hard to go wrong.

That still beats DA2 in my eyes. :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

That is a ridiculous humble bundle.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

pentyne posted:

The EA and THQ bundles make like $4-5 million, so despite the internet rage over "These aren't indies!" people still jump at the chance to buy the 2-3 year old games and the publishers get a massive single payout. We might see more like this when a company is nearing the end of its fiscal quarter/year, needs an influx of cash, and knows from past experience digital sales and bundles will generate a minimum six figures.
I never said it was a bad bundle, It's a ridiculous bundle because it's so good. :confused:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Lethemonster posted:

Bit confused about the Dark Souls 2 DLC: steam says I can buy a bundle of the season pass AND the Crown of the Sunken King DLC.

Season Pass = A bundle of DLC #1, DLC #2 and DLC #3. Unless they announce more in the future that’s going to be it for DLC.
Crown of the Sunken King = DLC #1

So don’t double up by accident. :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

On the way to work I saw a new sign (for an existing lab) on the building wall.

Development Laboratories: 23 Characters, DevLab 2x3 characters
:tinfoil: Half Life Two Episode Three: 23 Characters containing a two and a three. :tinfoil:

Bored. :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Mung Dynasty posted:

Also, the controls are balls and you can't remap them as far as I know. I haven't been able to get into the game at all mostly because of this.
I'm not sure how pretty much "standard gunplay game" controls are balls compared to most games, but you can remap them easily.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

There's still no concrete genre title for diablo clones other than diablo clone and that's kind of weird. They're definitely action RPGs, while Amalur is also an action RPG, but in a completely different way.
Weren't they called Hack and Slash RPG's usually? I know I heard that term used somewhere.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

How many actually good JRPGs are on Steam? Last Remnant could qualify, perhaps, and then there is Trails in the Sky and... ? Is that it? It's a niche that hasn't really been fulfilled.

Does Long Live the Queen count? Because that might just be my favorite game I bought during the sale.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Mokinokaro posted:

Yeah OMD 2 is beatable on easy but really balanced around co-op.
I beat and pretty much 5 Skulled all of Nightmare solo (:smug:), but some maps are indeed obviously more co-op orientated and you really need to know what to expect.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

PrinceRandom posted:

I thought the idea of über north Koreans was funny and interesting enough but the game is 4 hours at the longest.
It took me 3.5 hours according to steam and I know for sure I spend at least half an hour in the menu. :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Altran posted:

Also, why there isn't a football manager thread here?
There should be one in the football subforum.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Lethemonster posted:

Enemy within is £3.75 on GMG. Should I hold out onto I can get EW and EU in a cheap bundle, or just grab the first one now?
I hate that you made a mistake because €5/3.75quid would be great for EW, but it's EU that's on sale for me. :argh:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

I'm almost dry of "AAA" games.. I've got these left:

Arkham Origins
Dead Space
Alice: Madness Returns
Hitman: Absolution
Prince of Persia 08
Red Faction: Armageddon
The Bureau: XCOM

I'm not sure which to play next. I have Borderlands 2 but I'm waiting for the people in my circles to have free time, and I have ACIV: Black Flag but holey moley it's a billion gigabytes.
I'm a big defender of PoP 08 because it's just so drat pretty, do like one leven a day though because it is repetitive.
Also just install black flag, it's indeed pretty big but 1: that size is getting more common so get used to it, and 2: it owns bones.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I have the cheapest connection there is (because I don't pay for it so I aint picky. :v:) and its a simple DSL line, maxes at 2.2mb/sec but unlimited bandwith cap and like 8bucks a month so I don't care. :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Alpha Protocol has Nolan North's most batshit insane character he ever voiced in it, and it's quite awesome.
In addition to that you can look like either the douchiest douchebro ever or the dopiest hipster with an ushanka.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

lordfrikk posted:

^^^ Thanks, guys! ^^^

How do you buy it without paying literally $100? I see no editable box.
The Giant "name your price" button takes you to an editable box?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Or play Assassin's Creed 4, you can get so drunk even the loading screen knows it. :v:

(It's quite sad storywise there though :smith: )

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Picked up Super Sanctum TD, because I don't have too many TD games already. :toot:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Lord Lambeth posted:

Aw yesss time to hide the fact that I own Bad Rats from the rest of the world
Don't post a ban me in this thread, TIA.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Bought myself 5 copies. :toot:

Bodzilla posted:

I bought the Tropico 4 Collection 90 minutes ago for £4.50, and now it's £0.29.
You guys want me to buy any more games so they then stick a 99% discount on it?
AC: Unity, Witcher 3 and Metro Redux please.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Some people might fish, Tecman however is one of the goons in the "insane" category.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Scalding Coffee posted:

Not this again. The reason costs are so high as to look extortionate, is because governments engineer it that way. Someone has to pay for all the subsidized(name)/entitlements and that trickles down to basically every thing with a price tag. Higher taxes on corporations dealing with oil leads to rising food costs through higher transportation expenses. Less regulation and government spending/taxes means everyone pays less. Simple.
Source your quotes of dumb opinions.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Aristophanes posted:

Anyone for Some Batman Arkham Origins DLC?
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=25r3ERWS2BxTcch6
Not sure what the DLC is though.
These where some skins, thanks. :3:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Palpek posted:

He's an rear end in a top hat so very.
He does speak English so he isn't a true Frenchman.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Rage McDougal posted:

I managed to get a perfect rating on every (non-DLC) level in Orcs Must Die 2 solo, on the hardest difficulty, (since my co-op partner wasn't interested in replaying them all for max skulls) so it definitely is possible. I guess it might depend on who you play as. I used the Sorceress and using her mind control ability was pretty vital to my play, so I don't know if the War Mage would work as well.

It's also one of the few games I enjoyed so much I actually felt the desire to get a perfect on every level (I didn't in the first one), so you can take that as a definite recommendation from me.
I did the same but as a warmage, I'm not great at shooters so even with my combat skill it's possible as him no problem.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

ME1: Bring Down the Sky (free)
ME2: Cerberus network (included in new copy still iirc), Lair of the Shadow Broker (must have).
Kasumi is very solid and fun but imo always overpriced, Arrival was alright and would have been a decent setup for ME3...if they didn't actually pretty much ignore it due to rewrites of the intro segment.
ME3: Citadel (a fun sendoff to the trilogy). From Ashes is solid. Leviathan is ok. Omega can be skipped imo.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Claptrap can gently caress off, I think Handsome Jack actually worked in how obviously inserted he was into the backstory and they didn't pretend otherwise.

BL2 wasn't anything extremely special and has some major flaws but I had a blast playing co-op and spend 45h with some friends, so that's pretty solid.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Im_Special posted:

Resident Evil 5, Dead Rising 2 and Off The Record coming to Steamworks, thank you Capcom. Now we just need a PC version of Dragon's Dogma.
And I was tempted to start DR2:OTR as my next game; still great news!

Frank West has covered wars you know.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Even though only half the games interest me that is a stellar bundle.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

poptart_fairy posted:

How does DMC compare to something like Revengeance?
Terrible, play DMC4 if you want another PC spectacle fighter.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Anonymous Robot posted:

DMC4 only has one song for combat encounters, it's awful, it has lyrics, and it always starts from the same point when you enter a fight. That made it unplayable to me.
Like you can hear the lyrics when fighting...
:byodood: BLASTOFF! BLASTOFF! HIyaaaa BLASTOFF! :byodood:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Palpek posted:

I didn't like either *gets crucified*.
Welp, it was nice having you on my friendlist. :argh:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Sober posted:

She has cool brothers.

Her brothers just also happen to be embarassing PC master race redditors.

Her brothers are the opposite of cool.

my cold black heart refuses to melt
The constant Gaben background images kinda made up for it though. :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Occultatio posted:

Can anyone confirm or deny that GTA: San Andreas on Steam is a giant pile of crap of a port? It didn't even recognize my mouse at first, although I found a fix for that, but the m/k controls are still hella janky and there doesn't seem to be any good way to use a 360 pad (I found one joytokey map, but it claimed you needed to disable the gamepad's driver to work, which, what?).

Is there a known process for making this game playable on PC, or is it in the Saints Row 2 pile? Looking on the Steam forums brings up several contradictory fixes, none of which have yet worked for me.
It's just a port from before the 360pad became "the thing to have", old style general gamepads have always worked fine with it.
I bought the disk version on release and played through it 3-4 times no problem, it's likely just "older game issues"

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

poptart_fairy posted:

Time to get through DMC4 and inevitably gently caress things up as I've trained myself to fight the wrong way.
The best tips I can give you as Nero is: You can pretty much grapple move everything, sometimes you can even rip defenses off enemies.
For the love of god rebind charge shot and Exceed to something more comfortable instead of the default 360 layout.
A good basic strategy is to sidestep a lot, smack a thing into the air a thing and then airjuggle it. Enemies that are offscreen are less aggressive and this is a nice way to control crowds.

Also if you like the game or not, do give Legendary Dark Knight Mode a try, its PC-only and about as hard as between normal-hard but a ton of enemies and just a blast to play.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Helith posted:

Please tell me she puts some pants on, because seriously what the gently caress were they thinking with that intro.
She does.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Do we have a Prison Architect thread on SA? I think this game has hooked me good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I hope there is a way to perma-fold some of the categories I don't need in the future.

• Locked thread