Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Xaris posted:

It has local co-op, the best co-op :v:. But yeah I'm pretty stoked to give it another try though I'll wait for the DLC to drop in price, the game was on sale for $0.89 a couple weeks ago

There'll be a lesser-priced version of the DLC, with just the cosmetic stuff removed, releasing soon.

I've tried it for a bit, and I think the changes are mostly positive, with just a couple bugs to work out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Drifter posted:

How dare they simply reference something and not show it in a cutscene, like a true videogame should.

Until all meaningful moments in videogames are expressed as QTEs, games will never be art :colbert:

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Lethemonster posted:

Is Divinity Original Sin region locked at all? If I get gifted it from a seller in another country will I be able to play it ok?

All regions use the same appID, so it's the same wherever you get it.

So you'll be able to play it fine.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Awesome! posted:

how do you pull up that list? I assume it's an enhanced steam thing but I can't find it.

Steam - Overall Enhancement UE

Does a couple things that Enhanced Steam doesn't, like bypass age checks, and lets you easily check the restrictions on the appid by clicking the number. You bring up that window by clicking on the price.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Azran posted:

Everyone should play Story Mode at least once, if only to see how terrible the story is. That aside, having to play it only once is way better than it being the only thing you can play before the expansion.

How bad was it? SC2: HotS bad, or even worse? It constantly amazes me how Blizz can get game mechanics so perfect, make jaw-dropping FMVs/ graphics and amazing gameplay, but gently caress up story and world-building so bad. I mean, isn't the plot of Diablo game basically "kill Diablo" anyway?

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Orv posted:

Functional, certainly not enjoyable.

Pretty much sums up Skyrim, imo. It's like incredibly well orchestrated, insanely well produced lift music.

e: or designer beige trousers.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Tippis posted:

The again, Diablo is just a roguelike…

Should I feel bad I've never played Diablo 1/2/3?

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Delusibeta posted:

It's time for another batch of Greenlight games!

In other news, if the best reviews you've got are from Polygon, Kill Screen and fuckin' Indie Game Magazine, and that's what you're promoting your game with, I conclude that your game is rubbish.

A list of high up games that got skipped. Interestingly, most were vote-for-keys games. Valve getting a little tetchy with games trying to get past GL?

e:

Talking of game clones, how is Ninty not jumping all over this?

tight aspirations fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Aug 1, 2014

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Rookersh posted:

Yager.

As in the guys who made Spec Ops.

The gently caress? Why did they want to do it? That's just weird. I'd like to see them make the next CoD, or something.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Tippis posted:

More leftovers I mean generous gift links:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution — https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=beRqpZcFYKTCY7HE

Thanks for this. You're awesome :)

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Palpek posted:

Borderlands 2 is perfectly playable and fun in singleplayer though.

No, it's really tedious and unfun. Especially in SP.

On another note, Divinity: OS is fun, though a bit janky and lacking in sass.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

KoldPT posted:

Pirates playing steamworks multiplayer spoofing the steamID, presumably.

There's also some weird way of idling cards by running spacewar and spoofing the appid of the game you want to idle to Valve's card servers, or something.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

gyger posted:

How is Isomer? I need to pick another game to go with Lili before I can purchase the bundle.

https://groupees.com/babmb

If you wait, they'll put the minimum purchase down to one game in the next few days. That said, I've heard good things about Isomer, but it's EA, isn't it?

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Free copy of Frozen Hearth.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Yodzilla posted:

How in the gently caress can you put Dead Space and awful controls in the same sentence. Everything about the movement and aiming in those games are fluid as hell.

Perhaps he's been playing with Vsync on?

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

WC3 free on Origin.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

tripwood posted:

Can this be played on Windows or do I need a mobile platform?

http://lonewolfthegame.com/

Looks pretty sweet, I loving love choose-your-own-adventure books!

Looks mobile-only. You could try Bluestacks, which is an 'app-player' for Windows.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Apparently Saira is free. Can't check, because I already own it. Decent enough platformer 'em up.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

In other doom-clone news, EA is giving you a week of BF4 for free.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Protogalaxy is free.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Looks like the new Tomb Raider is exclusive to xbox :smith: Unless it sells really poorly, I guess.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

A peek at the new Steam Store

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

CommissarMega posted:

And so is Magical Diary. I also like the Sunrider beta access, but mostly because it has mechs. It has some naughty scenes in it (but hey, mechs), so if that's not your bag, pass it up.

EDIT: That said, if you want your kawaii uguugames, there's the Ys series and Trails in the Sky.

But does it have naughty scenes with mechs? This is very important to my enjoyment of the game.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Pool Nation (and some other decidedly dodgy games) for cheap.

Fart of Presto posted:

Plenty of goons are way beyond 2000 games, and tecman is not even the one with most games.

My bet is on Baldurk for goon-with-most-games.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

It probably owns even more

I'm no gaming journo, but I'm not 100% sure "owns" is a gameplay characteristic. Did they take that implied rape bit out?

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Three days of gameplay for PvZ:GW and two days for KoA free.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Free copy of The Ship (requires twitter). Four and a half hours left as of this post.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Pierson posted:

Are there any good games on Steam for just tearing down and destroying stuff with the most and biggest explosions and debris possible? Red Faction Guerrilla Just Cause 2 and are good ones, anything else?

Red Faction Armageddon?

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Hogo Fogo posted:

Groupees' Be Mine 14 is coming soon.

These are apparently the games:

1. Betrayer
2. Consortium
3. Whispering Willows
4. The Mysterious Cities of Gold
5. Meltdown
6. Little Big Adventure 2
7. Legacy!

I've had my eyes on Consortium for some time now, so this is looking good.

Live now

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Seventh Arrow posted:

I'm just seeing some Stardock manager with all these activation codes on his basement wall, being sexually harassed and/ or attacked with bees

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Helith posted:

Guess I won't be buying any of their games then!
TBH I've grown bored with the identikit and churn them out nature of Ubisoft big titles. I lost interest in AssCreed after Ezio and got bored with FarCry 3 quite quickly. Their games seem to have the same mechanics and systems in them and it makes them feel a bit interchangable. They found a formula and don't deviate from it much. To be fair their titles are well made, popular and sell well but they don't excite me any more. They're just a bit meh.
I think I'm done with Ubisoft now.

Blood Dragon and Gunslinger were nice surprises, though. Be good to see more of those. Maybe Ruse: Vietnam, or something. Uplay can gently caress off, though.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

They had no insane deals, they just repeated the deals Steam had a day later, every day of the Steam sale. It was really lame.

No they had a sale in Mayish, independently of steam. It wasn't great, but I seem to recall a couple of their compilations were pretty good.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

This looks to be pretty cool. Shame I'm never gonna play DotA, like, ever. Unless they do a Spec Ops loading screen comment announcer.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Tippis posted:

:cripes:

Maybe it's time he learns the difference between “indie” and “wilful refusal of having a future in the business”.

Aaanyway, more Humble bundle leftovers:
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing - Complete Pack: https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=StATzGK8DrVksWsv
Terraria: https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=bUyKCV8DDGepCa6X
King of Fighters XIII Steam Edition: https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=Uvnby6sWnqXyRyZX

Thanks for Van Helsing!

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Deakul posted:

Yeah, I've always to play that but I don't own any consoles.

Buy a cheap copy and run it on Dolphin?

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

You can now see your unredeemed humble keys at https://www.humblebundle.com/home (at the bottom) and Titanfall is free to play for 48 hours over at Origin.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Look what got re-branded. Again.

quote:

“An instant classic.”
Steam Review

“Best transformation of a game I've ever seen.”
Steam Review

“I am completely addicted.”
Steam Review

e:

Gamefly sold on. Rip D2D, and the copy of SWAT4 they stole from me :argh:

tight aspirations fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Aug 25, 2014

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

:psyduck:

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Grey Elephants posted:

Any good first person physics puzzlers out there? I have Portal 1 and 2, Qube, and Quantum conundrum.

Also, how is Eldritch? A first person roguelike sounds pretty fun.

Can't vouch for Magrunner: Dark Pulse's goodness, but it's probably the sort of thing you're after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

astral posted:

Metro: Last Light Redux is currently on sale on Amazon for $6.24. Pricing error, maybe?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KN7B41E/

Nah, they're having a big sale. Alpha Protocol is $2.99 for the goon who wanted it cheap.

• Locked thread