Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I played it years ago for the PS2 but are the Wii and PS3 version additions worth a replay if I could grab either of them cheap?

The Wii was the system I played it on and I'd recommend it if you want to give the game a second go. It had some of the silliest use of motion controls including using the Wiimote + Nunchuck to strangle dudes from behind and it worked surprisingly well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Can I nominate this for the OP?

This is where it starts

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

turboraton posted:

I 100% the game with Keyboard. :agesilaus: I think its a beautiful game that everyone should try.

Scrub missed the last 6%

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Ddraig posted:

Don't buy Double Fine games. Buy Twisted Pixel games. They're pretty much Double Fine in making games that have a strong, consistent and neat artistic design but are also actually fun to play.

I think only Ms. Splosion Man is available on Steam, but you should get it anyway because it's amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKIGlgV2Glc

Really? I'd say they're worse in that regard. Splosion Man is great, the follow-up and The Maw are fine but Comic Jumper and Lococycle (also on steam) both suck poo poo in every aspect that isn't FMV related and that kinect game didn't look so hot either.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

Valve has been doing TF2 web comics during updates in addition to the meet the class videos for years. They're pretty good, actually.

They also have the benefit of not eating my saves between episodes

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

robziel posted:

I got my email but when I went to view my Order Details it was blank, sent an email to their support and now I play the waiting game. Which is fine because I need to reinstall Saints IV

Just a suggestion: try using your email and order # to sign in under "Guest / In-store Orders" under the sign-in drop down at the top of the page. When I ordered my code I used a quick checkout using an email that I have a Gamestop account associated with but didn't use my login and my Order Details page was blank too.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Justin_Brett posted:

Speaking of Indie Royale, is QP Shooting good enough to justify getting this bundle (http://www.indieroyale.com/?royale=202) just for it? I have a lot of shooter games in my library already.

I only played a level and my game crashed after two animes spent what felt like forever discussing pudding, I'd say avoid

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Max Wilco posted:

When are they going to reveal/add the additional games for the Star Wars Humble Bundle? Is it based on how many donations they get, or will it be revealed within the last few days of the offer?

The Tuesday bundles run for two weeks and the additional games are revealed halfway through.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Yodzilla posted:

Top 3 Dad Games: Shower With Your Dad, Dad By The Sword, Nier

Papo & Yo's up there

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

mr. nobody posted:

The store page lists single player and 'coop' which means online coop only.

Looking for 'local coop' store page listings.

I have played splitscreen Portal 2 on PC, PC Portal 2 has splitscreen

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Underwhelmed posted:

D4's kinect elements were actually pretty fun. Navigating the menus was awful with them, but the "fights" were pretty cool. Not so cool as to mourn over, but it is saying something when D4 was one of if not the best XBone kinect title.

It also had the best justification for Kinect controls ever, allowing you to play and experience the story while eating a bucket of popcorn without getting a controller greasy.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Justin_Brett posted:

Apparently Konami removed the Simpsons Arcade game from PSN, so if you actually wanted to play the bad Castlevania games available on Steam, now might be a good time to get them.

That and the X-Men arcade game have been gone for over a year, it was no doubt a licensing issue.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Xander77 posted:

To reiterate: A significant number of the people who played TW1 had their save files deleted or unacknowledged by the game as they moved on to the next chapter. As the game does not support manual saves, this was a bit of an issue. The error first popped-up in the transition between episode 1 and 2. Not only was it not fixed by the time episode 5 came out, Telltale never even acknowledged its existence*. gently caress that company and everything it stands for, please don't buy any of their games.
It's such bullshit that the save issues still exist and they haven't bothered moving to a functional game engine despite Telltale blowing up in size and having a dozen projects in the pipeline (Minecraft lol). I was hit by the bug halfway through S1 of the Walking Dead and the closest thing to an official solution/acknowledgement was a stickyed forum post of a super janky fan solution, totally soured me on all their stuff going forward.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Red Red Blue posted:

Wasn't the "janky fan solution" moving a file from one folder to another? For what it's worth, though, I had the problem in TWD season 1 but never ran into it for season 2 or any of Game of Thrones so far

No, there was something weird about how Telltale handles saves and while sometimes you could luck into only having to copy some saves over, if not I vaguely remember following said stickyed thread and installing some software to let me edit Date Modified/Created information in Windows to try and get things working. It seemed to work for a while until characters at the end of the game started accusing Lee of acts I specifically decided against and completely took me out of the moment.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

monster on a stick posted:

Apparently the courts locked Desura employees out of their accounts on Friday as part of the bankruptcy, so welp.

Worth noting that the lady has since been let go, which she found out over twitter. This was after writing an update stating nothing is wrong and which is still featured at the top of Desura's home page.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Guys this is very important. Hatred The Movie didn't get funded on Kickstarter and Uwe Boll is very upset about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT1J65KHX8E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQJwEAqzFs4

For some reason I had it in my head that he died years ago during a coked out rampage and seeing this that might have been a more dignified way for his career to end

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Light Gun Man posted:

Mighty Switch Force has hit Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/366970/ Trailer might be a little bit :pcgaming: seizure inducing:pcgaming: towards the beginning just FYI.

The actual normal first game, not the iOS puzzle one that was on there before. Looks to be like the WiiU version with the updated graphics.

I just played the Wii U version this week and $10 might be a bit of a stretch for a couple hours of gameplay, might wanna wait for a sale. That said the soundtrack is awesome and both MSF soundtracks are pay what you want at virt's bandcamp.

Drifter posted:

I still want to say how goddamned amazing it is that a AAA game like Batman could have its sales halted until further notice. :allears:

All those marketing dollars that can't ride the wave now. :laugh:

Just think about how bad of a position Warner Bros would be now if the refund system existed a couple months earlier when MKX came out. At least they gave the studio that did that port job the boot and maybe we'll see some improvements.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Light Gun Man posted:

Yeah you definitely are new to this whole Steam thing!

Look maybe you haven't heard of this thing called Desura. . .

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

they're trading cards, you can trade for them if you care for some reason jesus loving christ

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

I think the disconnect is that I'm used to playing console games, where's there are some basic standards of quality. I didn't know going in that Steam will sell just anything, and if it doesn't work you get a refund and try again on a different game.

heynong man

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Willo567 posted:

Does exceed have any... creepy elements that would turn someone off, or is it relatively safe? I remember seeing a Steam shots review, and it wasn't even really a review, they just called it "anime pedophile crap".

The Exceed games are safe and Steam Shots is bad

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

That said, if you enjoy the soundtrack you should consider buying the GH:OST

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Infinitum posted:

When is Capcom gonna put Marvel Vs Capcom 2 on the steam store.

Seriously.

It's less likely now than it was years ago, MvC 2 and 3 plus the latter's DLC were pulled from digital stores after Disney acquired Marvel.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Morter posted:

I am a HuniePop King.

:yosbutt::c00lbutt::buttfame:

This will never be a thing, you will never make this a thing

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

TastyLemonDrops posted:

I ended up playing Final Fantasy 13-2 as a result of Life is Strange. What other time travel shenanigans games are there? Games like Singularity don't count because it's a linear game.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse :v:

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

now thousands of little children can also experience the crippling save bugs that the telltale game engine offers

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Awww yissss I hope it comes on Steam.

There's a lack of mecha games on Steam, sadly. So far, I have:

- Orbital Gear (good but not enough players)

- Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut (I know, I know but I like it)

- Strike Suit Infinity

- Gunhound EX

- Astebreed

I hope at least the Dynasty Warriors Gundam games get released on Steam or something.

It's been in my backlog forever but Gun Metal

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

KazigluBey posted:

Anyone have any experience with Origin fuckery? Bought DA:I on an Origin sale, installed Origin client no problem. Didn't start the download right away but the client "timed out" after a while and now keeps insisting I've got the wrong username or password. I can tell this is bullshit because the same details log into the site just fine.

Never had any kind of issue like that with Steam thus far, christ.

I had similarly weird account stuff happen a couple of years ago and after nothing worked I emailed support and they got me set back up in short order

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

Lmao at the difference between the game and the game icon title thumbnail thing

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Pierson posted:

Are there other roguelike games like Nuclear Throne or Spelunky (already own both) that have 'daily run' modes where you get one shot and then compare how far you got with others? Really enjoying that in Nuclear Throne right now.

Not a roguelike but OlliOlli has this

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Reason posted:

Blaze Rush looks like a love letter to Rock N Roll racing, is it?

I've played a good amount of Blaze Rush and it looks and plays fine but doesn't have nearly the same amount of character of Rock N Roll Racing. It's totally alright as a local (and online probably) multiplayer game if that's what you're looking for but there's only like three environments, a longish campaign that reuses the same 3-4 game types up until a final boss fight and the music's totally unremarkable.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Davincie posted:

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/doujin/

sale featuring the official steam-tan

Why on earth won't Bunny Must Die just drop below $5 already, come on

Also what in the unholy gently caress is Love at First Sight

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Digital Jesus posted:

I'm on it. Just wondering if it's all gonna get cancelled and refunded anyway.

For reals I'll reimburse you at least twice that http://steamcommunity.com/id/fauf/

Fawf fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Aug 28, 2015

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Will trade also, I badly need a Doflamingo punching sim http://steamcommunity.com/id/fauf/

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Gromit posted:

It says there's a 30-day hold on trades for this, so it would need to be done as a trusted gifting exchange.

Sent you a PM

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Morter posted:

Dude, awesome! :toot:

Well, don't you have egg on your face?

never happier to be wrong

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

So Proxy Blade Zero is a buck right now, has anybody here played and what did you think of it.

I really really wanted to like it and the combat's decent Revengeance-lite but super early on it introduces enemies with ranged attacks while giving you no good means of dealing with them. Even bumping it down to Easy I just found it too frustrating and gave up without getting very far.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Orv posted:

If people like MabPwnU can beat Dark Souls anyone can. And I'm not being flippant, if you're worse than that guy you shouldn't play video games at all.

You drop that name like you assume people already know who he is or care, some kind of Huniepop speed runner I guess?

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Oh poo poo, I've been on a real Picross kick lately (my import copy of Mario's Super Picross just showed up the other day) so this is amazing news, the production values here look pretty decent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

don't preorder the video game

• Locked thread