Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

PowerBeard posted:

We've now 3 Steam Threads, yet UPlay and Origin get no love. :(

As it should be. Once those services get out of the development-swamp that Steam was in during its early years there might be a reason to get the services other than "these companies forced it on us to play their games".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Hellburger99 posted:

In defense of Origin, I just recently installed it to play Mass Effect 3 and it's improved a lot over the state it was in a year ago. It's behind Steam, sure, but it's at least making improvements.

UPlay, at least as a stand-alone service, still seems lovely, though.

Sure, there are degrees of awful and Origin is better than Uplay any day of the week. In fact I'd say Uplay has almost regressed since I used it last, while Origin at least worked on good days.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Mortimer posted:

Confirmed this game is amazing. The subtitles make the game 100x better because they are very rarely accurate.

Also you can point your gun at everyone and they'll have some excuse why "that's not a good idea jack"

I think the bit that got me was in the intro, where a guy asks you why you always smell like cheap whiskey lately, right as you're walking out of a bar. No clue, guy.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Arnold of Soissons posted:

Somebody who made big bucks on the event buy Satellite Reign and tell the rest of us how it is

Well I didn't make money off this weirdness but while I was playing SR I hacked a flying cop car, got into it, rode it into a secure compound past the gates with my new credentials instead of shooting the place up. Unfortunately when I tried to park the car in an open lot the car started spinning out of control in place and I couldn't get off, and since I was in plain view of the cop's camera I couldn't get out to either hack it or hide from it so I alerted the compound. Then ate a grenade after killing one of the cops that tried to attack me in my flying tank.

Edit: Making foils? As in playing a game that randomly gets you foil cards if you're lucky, or some other process?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

ZearothK posted:

Sounds like everything I ever asked for in my life.

I should say the car spinning was a bug , or I presume it was anyway. I mean, that didn't make it any less fun, but still.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Hamburger Test posted:

I don't think it's for everyone. It feels slower and it with the skill point system it ends up usually being better to focus on one or two active skills to do everything. So on the surface it seems shallower, but the ability to combine skill trees to make your own class adds some depth and now with Devotion points (the constellation map I mentioned) you can customize your build even more. I think it stays ahead of D3 with Kanai's Cube but still way behind PoE in this area. I haven't looked at patch 2.4 for D3 though.

I basically like every arpg besides the Torchlights though.

I forgot one point that is big to some people, Grim Dawn's maps are completely static.

I don't mind one bit that they're static. I was never a big fan of dungeons that were procedurally generated with a few static points, because then all I'd ever do was get lost or stuck for ages fighting boring mobs.

I'm a big fan of Grim Dawn, though I haven't the time to play it anymore. Will probably never beat it though :(

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

I loving hate it. It's the laziest writing hook a hack writer can take.

Well, it is better than the alternative, if we're going by stuff like Other M.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Drifter posted:

You go to hell, sir. To hell! :argh:

E.Y.E is the definition of perfection in gaming. I have no idea what is going on and the movement makes me sick to my stomach but it somehow just remains completely amazing in every way. When you forego game design norms and just run with whatever you feel like you get something like E.Y.E and that is somehow not a bad thing. I'm sitting here writing a PM about all the little decisions that went into making my last game and somehow I want to add to my Discussion section: "This game would've been so much better if I ignored all the rules you guys taught me to use for this game and just went with whatever the E.Y.E devs were smoking"

• Locked thread