Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

PowerBeard posted:

We've now 3 Steam Threads, yet UPlay and Origin get no love. :(

drat straight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Palladium posted:

Why I can't view MGR: Revengeance page on Steam? Select regions only?

Same here, just get a friendly goon to gift it to you.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Hat Thoughts posted:

Other, Objectively Better Steam Thread: Dudes chilling, giving away games, making trades, learning about Dynasty Warriors for PC, etc.

This Steam Thread: hitler probably
Sorry, but you're just proving why this thread is better.

Hey goon who wanted MGS: Revengeance: I'm also in Asia, can't get it on the store, got it gifted and have it installed on my PC just fine. Haven't fired it up yet(my controller dongle died) but I can when I get home if you want confirmation.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Hat Thoughts posted:

duckfarts, admittedly pro-hitler

PC master race

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

MooCowlian posted:

That's twice forum shenanigans have taken away the primary place to post about video games on steam. Someone should do something about that.
Fantastic idea! Ban MooCowlian

srulz posted:

Hi duckfarts, I would really appreciate if you could confirm this please, thanks!

Also, your gifter is from where actually? I've heard that MGS: Revengeance's gift from certain places is redeemable, while others are not.
Worked fine! Gifter was from USA USA USA. The places you should avoid getting gifted from are Russia and Brazil, as those regions have reduced pricing normally to try and sell in the face of rampant pirating, so those are generally the ones you have to both buy, activate, and play in/from those regions.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Quest For Glory II posted:

I'm so glad "My Sonic OCs the game" is actually making it to release

http://store.steampowered.com/app/248310/

quote:

Fight your way across the oriental world of Avalice where cats are green, motorcycles drive up walls and monster girls do most of the buttkicking!

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

ZearothK posted:

It is more a case of house arrest, to be fair.

There is also the market in the middle of town with a few merchants (including the vendors for ranger/water/wind skills), and you can buy stuff from Aureus and the cat wizard as well.
Make notes on your map for the different skill sellers so you can remember where they are. The games thread for it also has a list of the sellers in spoiler tags if you want.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Also speaking of Divinity, is there no night in this game? Is there some way to advance time that I can't see? If no one is ever going to be asleep, how will I sneak into their house and take stuff (as is required for an early quest)?
No day cycle; they said in a note somewhere that people didn't do schedules because it'd be too difficult, and if the day cycle didn't do anything except for lighting, why bother putting it in. You can still be a sneaky rear end in a top hat pretty easily from my experience so far.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Palpek posted:

This will be the new viral hit on Steam. Also I can't wait for nerd retard tears :allears:.

Hopefully we can move to step 2: Greenlighting Cho-Aniki.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Awesome! posted:

there are a couple guys in sa mart that can get it for like 25. hiddenmovement is one

e: 23.50 with his paypal fee https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3599565

That's gotta be the Russian version; it shows up as ~$17.10 on Enhanced Steam, and all other regions including Brazil are over $30. It's possible it's not the Russian version and he just has it, but both scenarios make me a bit nervous.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Awesome! posted:

can they just like shut off russian copies outside of russia whenever they want?
This is the main reason I'd be nervous about it.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

John Murdoch posted:

Hrrrrm... Does Trendy have any goodwill left at this point?
Dungeon Defenders was okay so long as you played with friends and after you beat it once, you don't really bother too much trying to beat the harder difficulties.

quote:

Our young heroes have an entirely redesigned loot system that fixes major issues from the original, giving them a fairer fight against the Old Ones’ rebalanced army!
Read: game became a terrible grind for non-lovely drops, maybe it got fixed

quote:

Ground-breaking story about a group of children who try to save the world
hahahahahaahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahah

E: i seriously doubt it's really worth revisiting for extra money, better to just wait for the second one and see how that turns out

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

SynthOrange posted:

Welp, I guess I'd better finish Divinity 2 and Dragon Commander before getting DOS.
Nope, other than taking place in the same setting, they're separate. There's even a subtle ad for Dragon Commander in one of the NPC conversations.

idgi

duckfarts fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Jul 28, 2014

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Palpek posted:

I searched for it on Steam but it's not coming up, maybe it's region locked in Germany due to high amount of violent and/or Htiler content in anime games.

I can gift you a copy

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

MonkeyforaHead posted:

Kind of late on this but DNF regularly swung between subpar and offensively bad. I think the only stage I actually enjoyed in the entire game was the escape from the flood before the final boss, just because it was actually a well-executed setpiece and there were basically no enemies to deal with and remind you of how lovely the gunplay was on top of everything else. I guess it was worth the $2.50 simply as having personal closure to the decade-and-a-half-long joke that whole thing had become.

Disclaimer: I have no nostalgia for old Duke, the new game would be considered just as bad in a vacuum.

For me it was ok, bad, a slog, then I rage uninstalled the game after my save got deleted. I'll get back to it someday, but that slog part kinda sucked.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I played the first level of bad rats and somehow it didn't really "click" for me. Should I keep going?

The first few levels are just the tutorial, just keep going and it gets better.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

MonkeyforaHead posted:

The joke is Bad Rats is not a good game

Correct; it is the best game.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Kibayasu posted:

Just turn off voice recognition. It adds absolutely nothing.
It would add everything if it worked at all.
:negative:
> Bo > I love you

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

I just noticed that I now have Steam codes for it from GamersGate when I got it in some indie megabundle they had a long time ago, other games may now have keys I'm guessing.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Wonder if that means they'll redo RE0 as well.
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss c'mooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

This is also the best version of RE 1 :hellyeah:

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

lordfrikk posted:

So many bundles :psyduck: I need a piece of advice on some of them.

Are there any other good games in the Groupees bundle (https://groupees.com/babmb) beside 99 Spirits and 100% Orange Juice?

Bundle Stars has some kind of sale on all its previous bundles (?), any of them exceptionally good?

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/
99 Spirits isn't that good unless you enjoy repetitive grinding. Little Big Adventure was really cool, but it's an oooold game. Lili is supposed to be okay enough too despite being an iOS port.

Bundlestars:
  • Ship Simulator: the trailer music :allears:
  • Reboot 6.0: good for Expeditions: Conquistador, Knytt Underground, and Rock of Ages. Steel Storm is poo poo though
  • Reboot 4.0: Hard Reset, Tropico Trilogy, Zeno Clash 2, Inquisitor
  • RPG Champions: Two Worlds 1 and 2 if you like those, Enclave is a decent oldgame

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Helith posted:

So, semi serious question; how the hell do you follow up Metal Gear Rising? What on earth could I possibly play next that won't feel flat and dull?
I mean I haven't really sunk my teeth into Rising's DLC, but they play so differently I want to do something completely different for a couple of weeks first, then learn to play as Sam :smug:
There's a couple of little things I want to achieve in Rising tomorrow, but then what? I feel so lost.

Become a king.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

The Kins posted:

I'm sorry, did you guys miss the post about Geometry Wars 3 being a thing? Because you're not all screaming hysterically about Geometry Wars 3 being a thing.
Eh, I barely remember geometry wars galaxies, and I think there was a reason for that.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

extra stout posted:

Can anyone tell me about their experience playing Secrets of Raetikon? It's $5 for another day or so and if it's a less personal but more puzzle based copy of Shelter where you play as a bird I'll probably buy it. Hard to tell much about it at all from the trailer other than I like the art style.
Short version:
It's Ecco the Dolphin, except you're a bird.

Longer version:
You're a bird and you fly around finding and collecting little triangle pieces and solving some small physics puzzles to try and reactivate monuments or something. Story fragments are told through a direct alphabet replacement cipher which you can figure out, or you can collect hints to help you figure out what symbol is what letter. It's a neat game you can blow through in 5 hours I guess(I'm 2 hours in maybe?), though other animals can be assholes.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Lance Streetman posted:

The problem is that "mechanically similar" can mean a lot of things. Guacamelee and Valdis story should theoretically be mechanically similar, but they're two very different games with very different mechanics, and the similarities are only skin deep. So you'd end up getting a lot of games that should play like what you're thinking of, but don't.

Ehhhh, those games are still similar enough and a good match if you're looking for "games kinda like this game I like" and not "game exactly like this game I like". That's also what a recommendation list should accomplish.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

treat posted:

Whoa, nelly.

69 dude

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

eukara posted:

Is BI worth playing in any way, stupid story aside?

The opening stuff before you launch into fighting people left and right is actually really good and super-detailed, and is cool to explore.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Sober posted:

Well that's pretty much damning and true considering how angry "gamers" get when you take away their mechanics and tell them to walk around and discover the story for themselves rather than hear someone vomit it out for you in between areas where you shoot mans.
I'm not sure your two examples are any different.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Mokinokaro posted:

The first is really good. The second is very forgettable.
Same; definitely play through the first, only play through the second if you really liked the first.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

gmq posted:

It's pretty fun, especially with friends. It probably has a 71 because it was a bit janky at launch.

This is not a game you should play solo. You can, but you'll just get stomped. With friends though, it's a blast.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

Goon fave Altitude is free.
Whoa. This is also free now, like free free and not F2P free:

quote:

Altitude is now completely free. There is no full version to purchase: new players will automatically gain access to all of Altitude's planes and perks as they level up. Our goal with this change is strictly to attract new players; we will no longer make any money from Altitude.
Altitude is a really fun game and easy to drop into, there's a bunch of game modes that can be cycled through, it has a bot system that works and helps balance games while attracting more players, and you can set up your own server really easily. For old people, it's fast-paced multiplayer Sopwith, and that's already :hellyeah:

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Palpek posted:

I'm guessing Altitude 2 is coming then?
Don't know, that'd be pretty rad though. What surprised me is that based on their updates log, they've been supporting that game continuously.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Mr. Flunchy posted:

The HD Collection really should turn up on Steam sooner or later right? It seems silly not to port it before Phantom Pain comes out.

Yeeeeeaaahhhhh nnnnooooooooooo.

Mgs v is likely being built in such a way that porting it will be easy. The older ones will likely require a lot more effort that they probably won't bother with. Then again, they do have the PC version of mgs2 you can play! :v:

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Alan Smithee posted:

There's no dedicated thread on it, has anyone gotten to take Facerig for a spin?

I'm kind of annoyed that they went more towards providing a selection of furry creatures rather than allowing for full burgerface customization.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Palpek posted:

You can use any 3D model with it anyway though. Counting down until somebody models Gaben's face.

Someone beat you to it:

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Palpek posted:

The payment scheme for Facerig is interesting. The pro licence allows you to use it as a streaming/youtube thing. Which I guess could be something cool for a burger-game-reviews channel etc.
Here's the etc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZc9zdEL0Tk

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Gromit posted:

If anyone can point me to a better "pissing straight up into the air until it comes back down and now your guy is coughing on it" simulator, I'm all ears.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Hentai games aren't disgusting, they're just kinda(okay, super) pathetic.
Might get you sent to prison in Canada!

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Croccers posted:

I wish it would drop to release price so I can buy it and pre-load if it's really going to be THAT large.
Also Roundabout is out in a few days! :neckbeard:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/303430/

It features a :butt: mode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNac8hiRAJ4
THIS.

This is a game I can get behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Freak Futanari posted:

It's pretty telling that none of the people dissing Sakura Spirit have actually played it. Methinks you should pull your heads out of your culturally myopic asses and mayhaps learn to appreciate other cultures? If you would only spend ten minutes of your carefully scheduled "jerk off to Game Of Thrones fanfics" time on actually broadening your horizons, you would learn that traditional Japanese artforms actually offer a fresh and nuanced perspective on sexuality that your tragically repressed American brains may hopefully one day learn to understand...

Please source your quotes, thank you.

• Locked thread