Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

razorrozar posted:

Anyone got an opinion on Habitat?

It's a fun little time waster right now but is lacking anything beyond, build space station, sometimes accidentally explode.

If you don't need it right now come back in a few months. I kickstarted it after playing the demo at PAX and while I have zero regrets, most people should wait a bit until they get some more stuff in.

On the other hand, flying through space with a mechanical t - Rex head spitting fire is pretty loving awesome. So... ymmv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
Is there a good way to browse the various steam emotes?

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Oooh neat, exactly what I was looking for thank you!

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Morter posted:

Is the loot better--and by better I mean "not exclusively gained from farming bosses and constantly retrying chests"? :smith:

Anecdotal signs point to no.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

TheIllestVillain posted:

Is Company of Heroes 2 any good? Thinking of picking it up while it's on sale. I'm not that into RTS but i did like the first game.

From a few pages back:

Rookersh posted:

The campaign storyline is offensive to the point even I took offense to it ( as a guy who grew up in Poland, and enjoys bad but silly storylines like Enemy at the Gates/most CoD campaigns. Like it outright pushes the Nazi's as the good guys for fighting the Russians, when you are the Russians. ), and the balance is terrible in multiplayer.

If you just want another Company of Heroes game though, and want to send dudes to scripted deaths in scripted fights over WW2, it's campaign is alright gameplaywise. I'd honestly say wait until Ardennes Assault launches next month though, since that will be standalone, and seems to fix all the major issues Company of Heroes 2 ran into.

Everything Rookersh says is accurate and true, on the other hand I've had a lot of fun playing comp stomp with friends.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

Is it Black Friday this Friday?

Black Friday is the Friday after American Thanksgiving or the 28th this year, but many retailers are working on making it "Black November" with "Black Friday" deals every day/week/Friday/weekend/please buy out stuff.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
Anyone have experience with pre-ordering through getgamesgo and how quickly they get keys out to you?

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
Pretty sure that booster packs start dropping once you've received all the cards from a game. You might also need to be lvl 10 but I could be making that up.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Holy poo poo I got one, thanks!

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Literal Carehaver posted:

mordheim showed up on my steam thingy and i looked at it and now i have an enormous erection

http://store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

Now we just need a Necromunda game.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

CommissarMega posted:

HOLY loving poo poo YOU GUYS! True, it is a bit disturbing that this has somehow come up with little fanfare, but goddamn if this doesn't look like a modern version of Final Liberation.

What? I loving loved Final Liberation and still have my original disk.
Graphics don't look fantastic but whatever, single player, multi-player, co-op AND trading cards? I'm sold.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
The forums say there's a pricing error on Warhammer 40K: Armageddon http://store.steampowered.com/app/312370 pick it up while it lasts.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
I could have sworn I had one bookmarked but is there a good site that tracks the total prices of card sets? I made a few bucks shuffling cards and gems and I was thinking about upping my steam level for those sweet sweet booster pack drops.

Also, was it ever revealed what Hatred's TOS violation was? Kind of moot now considering Gaben added them back but when literal scams like War Z were allowed to remain I'm really curious what sort of violation they could possible have had.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

CrashCat posted:

The booster creator has its own interface separate from the auction stuff so I think that and the recycling will both stick around.
steam.tools/cards

God drat that was fast and an awesome site, thank you!

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Hav posted:

using the LAPD logo. It's trademarked.

Edit: NYPD. Apparently Unreal/Epic already made their feelings known in October and had the Unreal logo removed.

Yup, that'll do it. Thanks, it'd been bugging me.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
Picked up Mercenary Kings yesterday and started playing it today with a friend it's, okay, but I've one fairly important question. Do you ever get a gun that isn't the starter pistol or are you just playing/grinding and hoping that maybe one day you'll get a drop for a part that you might be able to use to build a gun?

Because being stuck with a crap rear end pistol and having to hope that I might maybe one day get some parts to build a something better isn't really that fun.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
Welp, luckily Metal Slug is on sale so I'll switch to that but drat is that lame.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
Has anyone used the new steam card idler? Seems like it doesn't auto shutdown once it's idled all the cards, is that just me or did I miss a setting?

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Demiurge4 posted:

Warhammer Quest :(

o.O Warhammer Quest doesn't have any DLC though? I mean, yeah it's dildos there's no MP or Co-Oping but... are you maybe talking about, Talisman?

Edit: Apparently I'm completely wrong, I'm getting that off my wish list.

Electric_Mud fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jan 16, 2015

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Freak Futanari posted:

Who cares about a spaceship game when a GOOD game just came out.

No cards, will not buy. I need my anime badges.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
I don't think I saw this yet but Gat out of Hell is currently $5 at gamespot of all places http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/saints-row-gat-out-of-hell/118076

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
I got my email but when I went to view my Order Details it was blank, sent an email to their support and now I play the waiting game. Which is fine because I need to reinstall Saints IV

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Fawf posted:

Just a suggestion: try using your email and order # to sign in under "Guest / In-store Orders" under the sign-in drop down at the top of the page. When I ordered my code I used a quick checkout using an email that I have a Gamestop account associated with but didn't use my login and my Order Details page was blank too.

Atomicated posted:

I had this issue but managed to get it by going to https://www.gamestop.com/Profiles/OrderTrackingLogin.aspx?GLU=1 and plugging in my e-mail and order number.

Thanks! Now all I need is a snow day tomorrow.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
Are the Theatre of War games any good for playing with a friend?
There's a indiebundle full of them https://www.indiegala.com/war and I'm looking for a new tank game to play with friends. Don't think I've ever seen them come up in this thread.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Orv posted:

They are a bizarre, palely-imitative cross between Men of War and the Combat Mission grog games. For those prices they're okay, I guess.

Hrmmm, an interesting description. Is the multi player vs. only or can you team up against the ai?

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Puistokemisti posted:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/351900/

:eyepop:
Selection of games on Steam certainly has gotten more interesting lately.

I'm disappointed it doesn't have trading cards.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
Has anyone ever bought a steam game through DLGamer? I'd never heard of them before today, and wasn't sure how legit they were, how fast you got your key(s), that sort of thing.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Turtlicious posted:

Used paypal got mine instantly

Good to know, thanks.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

sandworms posted:

Used it only once and preordered Shadow of Mordor. Got my key about an hour after the game unlocked.

Ahhh good to know, I'm trying to stick with "no pre-orders" but I usually give up at some point.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Rookersh posted:

Then Totalbiscuit wrote a 2-3 hour long rant about how much he hates trans people, how the person who wrote the tweet doesn't have a sex life so they wouldn't understand how terrifying trans people are, and more.

I'm pretty sure that didn't actually happen but since the only way to prove that would be to listen to totalbiscuit I guess I'll never know.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
Anyone have opinions on today's daily Deal Ancient Space http://store.steampowered.com/app/249190/ ?

I've had it on my wishlist for a bit but no one I know has it or has played it.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Fractured Space is having a free-to-play Weekend.

Sorry, sorry, let me rephrase that; It's free to download this weekend and it's yours to keep. Dunno anything about it, but it looks interesting at least.

Was just about to ask about this, it looks like it's neat but has anyone actually played it?

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Orv posted:

It's DotA with giant spaceships.

Noooope

Orv posted:

Wait, don't go!

5v5, various ship classes, no creeps (AI minor threats), two lanes, resource point control for leveling a la Battlefield, more weapons and HP per level, a set of skills dependent on your class (the high damage, low health, high speed ship can go invisible and make a decoy of itself). It's different and pretty fun, and I think it was supposed to be F2P on leaving EA anyway, so might as well "buy" it and have it if you want to try it later.

Hmmm, well it is free, maybe I can rope some folks into trying it out with me tonight or over the weekend. Thanks.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
Anyone else not able to add anything to their wishlist? I keep getting this

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Azran posted:

Yeah, three standalones and the first one will have four factions (Greenskins, Chaos, Empire, Dwarves). I hope they explore other factions like Catay and the Not-Russians as DLC, or subfactions.

In other news, it seems they are comercially releasing what looks like a Men of War mod based on WW1.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/316430/?snr=1_4_4__123

No Skaven? Good bye pre-order (I wasn't going to pre-order anyways.)

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

The Iron Rose posted:

I really want that BattleFleet Gothic game to not suck.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

SynthOrange posted:

I'm so tired of all these star wars.

:thumbsup:

I'm glad they cut that scene it would have really taken me out of the movie.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
Whatever happened with Homeworld? I know it released but i heard not so great things from people about game stopping bugs and useless MP, it did it ever get patched up?

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Propaganda Hour posted:

They've been rolling out tons of patches and the single player is in fantastic shape right now. I haven't tried multiplayer, though.

Good to know thank you, I'd love to MP with friends but even if I can just do the single player campaign I'd be will to buy it. Here's hoping it goes on sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
So it seems that my Razer Megalodon headset is dying (or just really hates my new mobo) and driving my friends insane with its cutting in and out and weird bursts of static, anyone have recommendations on a replacement? So real requirements other than not too expensive and something comfortable, I've got a big head.

• Locked thread