Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
We've now 3 Steam Threads, yet UPlay and Origin get no love. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Downs Duck posted:

And now you owe me a new keyboard.

Quick question on Company of Heroes:
I have Company of Heroes, Company of Heroes (New Steam edition), Opposing Force and Tales of Valor in my library. I don't need the original Company of Heroes to play it, or Opposing Force, or Tales of Valor (believe the last one is a stand alone anyway) anymore, right? Something about the game/servers not working anymore? So I can just dump it in my Darkest Pits of Gaming Hell category for it never to be seen again and stick to the New Steam Edition?

I believe you only need to install Company of Heroes (New Steam edition) as it will detect that you have the expansions and add that content.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

Japan, the country Platinum and Konami are based in, cannot purchase Metal Gear Rising, a Konami game developed by Platinum. Well, ok then.

There isn't a :stare: big enough.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
There needs to be a rule in place where a game devs game should be made available in their home country. This reminds me of the incident in which CD Project Red wasn't going to have The Witcher 3 available for the XBone in Poland because of that stupid 30 countries thing.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Ragequit posted:

Oh hey Walking Dead 2 Episode 4 comes out today, so you might see it as a weekday deal in 30 minutes.

I almost forgot. Time to fire through it... As soon as the Telltale Client updates. :(

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Dear TellTale Games,

Your games are exceptional and deserve every bit of praise heaped upon them. Your client and network for downloading them however might need some work. Please rectify this as I would very much like to connect to your servers, download the latest episode of The Walking Dead Season 2 and play it immediately.

Yours Sincerely,
Powerbeard.

P.S. Please make another Puzzle Agent or Hector game.

I'm going to be staring at my laptop waiting for this thing to connect.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Dementropy posted:

Afterfall Reconquest hit Early Access. Apparently it's going to be an episodic series.

It looks...too early to tell, but it might be worth checking in over the next few weeks/months to see how it's coming along.

How did Afterfall Insanity get a sequel / another game. It was a janky version of Dead Space with only one or two original ideas to its name. Heres hoping they can improve on their ideas.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

iastudent posted:

This looks fairly interesting.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/301970/

Not sure how well it'll work in the long run but I'm tempted to grab it for the beta. Peeking in on my friends in Goldeneye (and trying not to get into fisticuffs about it) was the best. :allears:

This I can get behind. I hope they include mines as well.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Ragequit posted:

Hell, I'll do one of these too. Huge thanks to Kragger! I am sure my kids will enjoy laughing at my ineptitude at octopus life.

Quoting this because I had the same level of spasmic mayhem when I played Octodad.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Accordion Man posted:

One of my favorites parts of Homefront's backstory was that Kim Jong Un was just so darn charismatic that he convinced South Korea to give up their autonomy to North Korea.

Have you seen Kim Jong Un? Such a dream boat. :swoon:

I thought it was funnier that they later managed to take over Japan and no one did anything to stop them.

But I enjoyed the Single Player even if it was a weird mess. Then I sank 50+ hours into the multiplayer, so I'm only into Homefront 2 for the multiplayer.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Nevett posted:

You mean buy a Wii U and play Bayonetta 1, 2 and Wonderful 101

Or wait a few months till Bayonetta 2 is released on Steam like everything else.

I hope so anyway. :pray:

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Oh well, a goon can dream. :(

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Any word on what needs to be done to get that refund form, or is it still forthcoming?

Their website would crash from all the people trying to access it.

I remember a few years ago, when I bought Unreal Tournament 2004 and it had a refund form for UT2003 for about £7.50. I wasn't even bothered going through all that hassle of sending that game back in the mail.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I really hope MSG:V sells well enough to warrant porting the HD Collection over to Steam. That would easily push me toward buying / playing them all.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Do you feel like you've gotten your moneys worth for this program or do you still have buyers remorse?

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Palpek posted:

Ahahahhaha I finished Secrets of Raetikon and it ends with the uttermost artsy-fartsy poo poo imaginable. A "big" gaming statement on the level of an art college student's weed thoughts on gaming. loving lol.

The game is about unlocking an epic portal using runes represented by animals. When you finally gather those runes you have to slaughter animals enclosed in cages and their blood fuels the portal. This is when you're taken to...a game of pong which looks like the first version of it with just pixels for paddles and the ball. You play against an unwinnable AI which also cheats because its paddle can move faster than yours. Anyway the point is that you have to lose. When that happens you see Game Over and unnecessarily long credits roll which list 250 backers, family, friends, dogs etc.

Really makes you think, man. Considering the rather serious atmosphere of the title and great art I'm sure the authors thought they're pulling Antonioni's Blow-up or something and it's just the most profound message :v:.

Seriously. :stare:

I was considering buying it because it looked pretty cool. Thank you for taking an artsy-fartsy bullet for me.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Arnold of Soissons posted:

This cool guy hit me with a copy of Stick it to the Man, which I wishlisted because someone here convinced me it was good, and it is! It's funny and fun to play, it reminds me of Psychonauts in a lot of ways, but I like it more to be honest

best map screen ever:

If you have it (possibly from the recent Humble) you should really try it out! Also use a controller because you always should when you can.

I finished it the other day, it is an absolute blast. Short and sweet, I hope they get a sequel.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

A Proper Uppercut posted:

For any of you adventure game people, the set release date for the first episode of Dreamfall Chapters is October 21st. I'm excited!

About drat time!

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Today's Daily Deal is Duke Nukem Forever and somehow has Mostly Positive User reviews. That's a lot of Stockholm Syndrome right there.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Don't freak out, we could always play some Origin or UPlay games...

:derp: OK, TIME TO PANIC!!!

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Never has :ubisoft: been so appropriate.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

TheNintenGenius posted:

Last I'd heard about it it was just the possibility that they might be able to rerelease, so it's good that they're further along now!

Don't give up hope. I never imagined we would see Rise of Nations or Tron 2 getting a Steam release, yet here we are.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

CheeseThief posted:

So I saw the Home Interactive publisher sale for this weekend, in particular the bundle for the Spider Studio RPGs caught my eye. Anyone want to weigh in on the quality of these games?

Bound by Flame
Faery - Legends of Avalon
Mars: War logs
Of Orcs and Men

Worth £20? Reviews seem to run from generally good to mixed on steam.

I completed Mars: War Logs a while back and while it has some good ideas, it plays out like an underwhelming version of Mass Effect. The combat was passable, the voice acting was laughable but it wasn't a complete waste at 75% off.

From what I've seen of Bound by Flames, they've improved the combat, but the voice acting is still as hilarious as ever.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Freak Futanari posted:

Hi y'all, i just want to say that if any of you people haven't bought Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel yet, then please do not do it, the game sucks mega balls. It makes Duke Nukem Forever look good.

Wait, I've heard good things about it, how is it bad?

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Freak Futanari posted:

Please do not get my hopes up for a PC port of No More Heroes.

Me too. :( :hf: :(

Heres hoping that Killer is Dead sells enough to convince Sudo 51 to port over a bunch of their titles.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
drat, youre so right. Thats a messy situation right there.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Discounts also run for the rest of their catalog, at around 25-50% for newer titles. I might jump on Need for Speed: Rivals in the next day or so.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
So, do we have a Sales Thread up or will we post here about wild speculation and deals?

:siren: 5 more minutes!

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

cat doter posted:

AC: unity loving SUCKS, it's probably the worst AC apart from the first.

Hey now, for all the problems that Assassins Creed 1 had, at least it didn't have micro-transaction chests and a tonne of bugs and connection issues.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I've a weird cross program question, hopefully you goons can help me out:

So I have Assassins Creed 3 on UPlay, which had installed fine but ran terribly on my old laptop, but it refuses to install onto my new work / gaming desktop. I've tried downloading and installing from the Uplay program 4 times but each time is says there's an issue with the installation file. I've searched the internet looking for answers but have come up short. I have the following options ahead of me, which do I go for?

• Send a technical support ticket to UPlay and hope they can help me, though I'm not expecting much.
  • Purchase the game on Steam when it goes back to 75% off on the final day, assuming that it downloads straight from Steam and doesn't rely on UPlay to do the downloading
  • Forget that the game ever existed and just Play Assassins Creed IV instead.

Hopefully you'll be able to help me out with this problem.

[EDIT]: Also just remembered that Assassins Creed: Liberation falls into the AC3 timeline, so I guess I'd play that before AC4

PowerBeard fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Dec 23, 2014

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Freak Futanari posted:

I can confirm that this is an excellent purchase.

I miss your anime comic posts.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Jamfrost posted:

How is the new Afterfall?

From online and Steam reviews, it seems to be much like the original (which was a drat trainwreck), except with a terrible black and white effect slapped onto it a few months before release.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

The Kins posted:

Recent Steam Announcement Things Time:

• Hotline Miami 2. March 10th. Well, unless you're in Australia... Also announced is a "Digital Special Edition" that includes a Remix EP and some Payday 2 DLC.

You've truly done the lord's work today. I just bought the Special Edition for the soundtrack.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I decided to take a chance and pick up TRON: Evolution, the other Tron game that was part of the Disney Sale. I'm surprised with how much fun I'm having with the combat and free-running, it's a shame that the character models are not up to par with the rest of the game.

The cards also seem to be selling for about €0.30 each, so if nothing else I'll be able to make some money back.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Freak Futanari posted:

A word of warning about Pregnancy: Some people have reported issues with installing the game, even if they try several times.

Then there's those who have issues with their setup.

An install error is definitely not a joke, and I have no intention of making light of it. And it can be a tough and emotional thing for gamers to go through, speaking from personal experience. And I know that it's often much harder on the computer than on the gamer. However, I also know that it doesn't necessarily turn you into a sad, depressed sack of tears for the rest of your life. Gamers can move past it, and heal.

File Loss.jpeg

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

All well and good, but is Steam OS out of beta yet?

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Yeah, though weren't they originally trying to have it ready for the release of The Witcher 3? At least they're going to take their time with it.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

WMain00 posted:

You...ah...you want to tell us something Orv?

Since Orv owns all the anime games on Steam, the store has had to recommend other similar titles.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

revmoo posted:

Never mind, their support site won't accept my Steam login. I logged out of steam and back in to confirm the credentials and then tried a few more times on the support page.

Filing a chargeback, gently caress em. I've already spent way more time than necessary jumping through hoops.

Quoting this foolishness. I can't wait the outcome. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Leal posted:

.... I take back all my mockery of the Steam controller.

I don't know, does the Steam Controller have a tag that clearly states "organic shape" on it?

Didn't think so. :colbert:

• Locked thread