Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I found Fortune Summoners to be fun too, once I got used to the controls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I had more fun with the Halo 1 Demo than I did with the real game.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Ace Combat, How hardcore is the simulation for a guy who just wants to fly around and shoot stuff?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I've recommended Cthulu Saves the World for a while (now with cards!)It's short but I just noticed the free dlc story thing so I went back in.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Defy Gravity just sent me a booster pack of trading cards so I think the games has now payed for itself like 3 times over now.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

The best thing about Tomb Raider is that you can upgrade a WW2 era Japanese smg into an AK-47 and then into a bastardized South Korean machine gun at a campfire

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

`

Accordion Man posted:

No they don't, i.e. Cryostasis was taken off the store like two years ago, but I still have it in my account and I can install it.

Are free weekend games included in your total, because that's the only thing I could think of.

I still have Homefront in my library :patriot:

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Divinity 2 is pure ARPG though.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I refuse to play Crusader Kings 2 cause I can optionally gently caress my 16 year old sister.

But Human Sacrifice is A-OK!

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

corn in the bible posted:

One of the games in the weekly sale is JACK ORLANDO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCMzVUennt8

JACK ORLANDO

That's loving amazing.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Is guardians of light worth going up to the 15 bux tier.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

If you want to shoot people with arrows in a Triple-A game you should be playing Tomb Raider.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Is Verdun a Multiplayer only game or does it have Single-player content?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

I just want to say you're doing the Lord's work posting about all these deals.

Whatever happened to AmazonTony, anyway?

A Shark bit his leg off :(

^ You fuckers ruining poo poo.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Just cheat yourself money and paint the map pretty colors like me.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

PantsBandit posted:

Giana Sisters is supposed to be good, right?

Haven't heard of any of the others.

It's got like one bullshit hard part per level around half way through but I got through it and I really suck at games. I liked the aesthetic.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

The best thing about homefront is that there are only 4 guns so they added on different optics and counted each one as a seperate weapon.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Lance Streetman posted:

The big question is, why would you pick North Korea over any other loving country/military force in the world. If we're just going to disregard reality, why settle for the least interesting military force in the world? Vanquish had the right idea, bring back the Space Russians.

I thought the idea of über north Koreans was funny and interesting enough but the game is 4 hours at the longest.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Talking about North Korea is making me miss Mercenaries 1.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

PantsBandit posted:

Best thing to ever come out of that franchise is that LP of Mercs 2 from a few years ago. Only LP that's ever made me just laugh my rear end off.

I bet Just Cause had a bit of inspiration from Mercenaries so there's that.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

One way heroics is really cheap looking but it's pretty fun for a buck.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

How do I gift specific things from Bundle? I already have Heroics so if you want it claim it.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Like This?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I have Ultra SSIV in my library but I'm pretty sure I haven't upgraded ?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

DARKSEID DICK PICS posted:

Seriously. The dumbest loving way to handle this.

Ah. Well back to waiting for the inevetible sale.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Does the girl hate you in a high chaos run?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Has anyone mess around with that Idle program for cards yet?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Drifter posted:

:parrot:Oooh bet you feel silly now. :tutbutt:
It apparently does everything automatically, and cycles through your games.

Thanks, Awesome!

Apparently it even goes through unistalled games? I just got 100% Orange Juice and haven't installed it but the program is still idling it.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Drifter posted:

Yeah, even SAM just goes by what Steam says you own, not what you have installed. You're not running the game, you're accessing the Steam identifier to fool Steam into thinking you're running the game.

Can I still play games while it's idling without messing it up?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Palpek posted:

The new Tex Murphy game - Tesla Effect is one of weeklong deals. Is it worth picking up? It looks pretty sweet if cheesy (in a good way).

That cigarette has a face.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Are there any good mods for the Dawn of War series? I've got soulstorm installed.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Orv posted:

Uninstall Soulstorm. Also no there aren't.

Too late i enjoy it.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Sober posted:

As someone who worked on some mods for DOW ... not really, because the people behind them were terrible Warhammer40k spergs and actively made anyone who tried to enjoy the game on its own merits feel lovely.

Shame. I know literally nothing about Warhammer but picked up the whole series on a sale (oops).

I feel like there's another strategy game that I can't name that has a resource system like Dawn of War.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Deakul posted:

Ultimate Apocalypse is pretty cool, it adds a bunch of the new races mentioned in a post above into the mod and then ramps everything up turning it into 40k: Total War essentially with massive gently caress off armies and even Titans.

Nifty. Don't know what half those things are but 40k total war sounds fun.

Edit: I like anything that would gently caress with space marines cause they are lame imo.

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Aug 13, 2014

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

TheCoon posted:

Kalypso are basically just a publisher of other developers games with ~3 in-house studios. Most of what they put out is garbage, especially Dark. Don't buy Dark. Buy Demonicon if you're super into incest.

So I should buy demonicon?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Dark is great if you want to kidney punch old fat museum security guards to death and then get shot a lot with stupid sounding guns.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I guess I reached my max sales? I got a red text saying I can't sell more than 200 things in a calender year unless i put in my tax info.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Orv posted:

One of my greatest regrets with the rapid advancement of Total Wars tech is that I love the Shogun 1 boardgame style map. I wish it was a toggle on the newer ones.

That would be very cool and they so at least do like a dlc of it. Call it a "Nostalgia pack" or some dumb poo poo.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Drifter posted:

Some people legitimately think the graphics 'look better' with this release.
:shrug::psypop:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00cmlBENCeI
PC vs HD

XBOX vs HD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOCspWstVMw
For the XBOX though, sure, why not. I guess.

They both look hideous hth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

tater_salad posted:

It's sad that mercenaries 2 isn't as good I'd play mercenaries 1 on my Playstation a lot especially just fire up some cheat codes and go to town blowing poo poo up.

Just Cause mixed with Mercenaries or Red Faction Destructibility would be the ultimate sand box game.

• Locked thread