Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
One of the games in the weekly sale is JACK ORLANDO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCMzVUennt8

JACK ORLANDO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

http://www.bundlestars.com/store/demonicon-the-dark-eye/

You can have the best eastern european incestuous dragon age 2-style rpg known to man for only six bucks.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

its revealed later that they're not actually related by blood

instead, they're both unrelated satanic rosemary's babies who got adopted by the same guy later on

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

SelenicMartian posted:

Is it a Baldur's Gate fanfic?

And is it at all playable between the long talks?

it's playable, if you like action rpgs. you don't get a party or anything, it's just one dude against the world

one (mandatory) quest involves a brothel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39wqqEnL8Fk

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Lili, eh?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

ReWinter posted:

Does anybody know much about the current state of Kenshi? The dev's site seems to suggest it's still underway, but news coverage has been real sparse in the preceding months, Steam's user reviews are all fairly old (and of questionable value anyway), and I think the SA thread has fallen into archives.

I know the watchword for Early Access is "don't bother unless you'd be interested right now, but I'm having trouble getting a handle on what right now looks like.

don't buy it yet, if ever

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh, sorry! It is Obscure 2: The Aftermath. It's ten bucks.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Accordion Man posted:

The game may be poo poo, but its soundtrack is cool.

The composer also did the crappy Alone in the Dark reboot. Dude needs to work on actual good games.

That's because the same developer made the crappy Alone in the Dark reboot as Obscure 1 and 2.

Also, so far it has been poo poo in a very baffling and amusing way, but I guess there's still time for it to piss me off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWYWZOHBVFY

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Accordion Man posted:

I've always heard the first Obscure was a decent enough game, but I've been waiting for it to go on sale.

Obscure 1 is great. It also has permadeath for the characters, but that's ok because you can win as long as at least one person is still alive. I finished it as a lone survivor track star guy, running around alone with his shotgun because everybody else was dead.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Dominic White posted:

Edit: Oh yeah, Keep On The Borderlands (a whole new ToEE campaign) was released while I was on vacation in America, too. That might be worth checking out.

Goddamn. They've been working on that for years and years, I'm going to install this right now.

ToEE is great if you like strategic combat, not so much for roleplaying, but it has a really good combat engine with all the fan fixes and stuff installed so it's worth a shot.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Justin_Brett posted:

So is the Sun at Night, which looks like it could be neat.

the sun at night is really good

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Nefarious posted:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/285500/?snr=1_614_615_WeeklongDeals_gridsale

Can someone explain this to me? It looks like some garbage shovelware truck game, but the reviews are overwhelmingly positive and one of the tags is RPG?

It's an open-world vehicle-combat trading game. You upgrade your truck, put better weapons on it, blow people the gently caress up in the post-apocalypse.

There are a lot of trucking quests in it, because you drive a truck, but getting goods from A to B involves murdering the poo poo out of bandits with your machine-gun turrets.

E: Basically it's sort of like Elite, if instead of piloting a spaceship you were an off-road trucker.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

:siren: http://store.steampowered.com/app/12390/ :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTpHAmMPgBo

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I don't know why you guys told me not to buy Obscure 2, it's incredible.

Chainsaw duel with Leatherface baby

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

I played the first Obscure on the PS2 with a bud, how's the second game by comparison? I liked the original obscure for it's style but didn't like how jank the co-op implementation was and how startlingly fragile you were in it, like everything could instantly kill you and it got annoying late in the game.

trip report me baby

I already beat it, it's about five-six hours long I guess? The co-op remains janky since it's not splitscreen (so your other partner could just run away off the screen and die) but on the whole you can take more of a beating, and I only died a few times (mostly on bosses, and in the area where you lose your inventory and can't heal). But it tries to be really grimdark and maudlin and it feels very out of place. Like someone already said, it's got rape in it, but also weird juvenile jokes about weed, all the way up until the end of the game. On the whole, though, it's pretty fun I think!

a tip: don't quit when the credits roll, there's another short area afterwards with some extra gameplay.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

The funniest thing in Dishonored for me was when I realized the fully upgraded double-jump skill lifts you high enough to do drop executions.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Drifter posted:

Skullgirls is $5 over at Greenmangaming.
To the Moon is 2.50.

I don't like fighting games much but I've really only heard good things regarding the mechanics of Skullgirls.

To the Moon is nice.

Both are irredeemable garbage.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

facerig is creepy as gently caress

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I can't wait for Death to Spies 3

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Or rather I should have said I was excited until they confirmed they're broke again https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/haggardgames/death-to-spies-3

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

now available on steam: dusk 12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khj1IJL2u8M

http://store.steampowered.com/app/317970 dusk 12!

(all the reviews saying it won't run are wrong, you just need to download the legacy physx driver and also download the latest audiere dll from the audiere website)

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Agent Escalus posted:

My PC sucked at the time of its release so I tried the PS3 demo of RE6.

I went through the 3 scenarios and when I was done, I just felt burned out from the most "bloated" game I'd ever played (for lack of a better way to describe it). All the thrills and excitement and tension of 4 (and to a lesser extent 5) just didn't seem to be there. It was just a nonstop onslaught of enemies and flying bullets and ranged attacks, etc. (Especially the Chris-in-the-military squad scenario.)

But, that's just a demo. Maybe the whole package is a bit better? For $12 for the complete set it doesn't seem too bad. Thoughts?

it's loving garbage and everyone rightfully hates it

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Dark Souls was only ok imho

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Harminoff posted:

Wow I bought crash time 2 cause hey its a $1 open world such driving game.

If you want to hear some of the world's worst voice acting pick it up. It's like they just grabbed r random people walking down the street to do it.

Are the other games in the series just as bad?

Crash Time 5 at least has better acting, but worse open-world so gently caress it

"we made a game about crashing into poo poo, let's set it in a hilly countryside with no traffic"

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

cabela's pro hunts is on sale

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Max Payne 3 is irredeemable garbage for idiots.

I WON'T KILL YOU, THAT'S NOT JUSTICE *has killed a million hired guards who didn't even break the law*

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

http://store.steampowered.com/app/291960/

Het Gyped

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

counterpoint: don't buy max payne 3

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

LibbyM posted:

Have the makers of this made any other wizardry type games? It looks pretty cool, but I was wondering if they had a reputation one way or the other.

They got started making official Japanese Wizardrys, I think. Not that that means anything, pretty much every rpg dev in Japan has made a Wizardry at some point.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Mortimer posted:

I assume those squiggly lines next to PLAYSTATION 3 and XBOX 360 mean PC?

i think the large steam logo means pc

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Croccers posted:

Before the Max Payne talk disappears totally. Max Payne 1 had a GBA port :siren:

All of the graphic novel with the voice work was in it. It didn't have the Baby levels in it (and some others were chopped out too). I want to see a 3DS port of MP3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5e5iF6OvAY&t=24s

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

the best character in ff13 is the literal child who cries in every cutscene and never does anything proactive at any point

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

half a day until elminage im super psyched

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Drifter posted:

Huh. I know some people have said it's a good game, but then I just read a post from Dominic saying that all of Double Fine's games have been great, so his opinion is suspect.

So it plays like Wizardry or Grimrock? Is there a nice story to it, or is it just another pure dungeoncrawl?

Note, I really liked Wizardry 8, but I didn't really like Grimrock at all.

It plays almost exactly like Wizardry

I captured a Barbarian and now he belongs to me

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

ChibiSoma posted:

Man, Elminage Gothic is not having the smoothest of releases. The pre-order bonuses are missing, you can't change screen resolutions or change from fullscreen to windowed mode without it crashing, and if you manage to get to combat without breaking anything, the first time a spell effect triggers, you'll crash anyway.

it works fine for me and i haven't had any of those problems

instead my problem is that chickens killed everyone and i can't afford to raise them

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

DP's combat is irredeemable, as are the QTEs contained within it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Elminage Gothic was a good purchase imho.

• Locked thread