Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

FuzzySlippers posted:

Except Dungeon Siege 3 every game they've released shipped buggy but if you played them later most were significantly improved by patches so keep that in mind.

IIRC DS3 was the first game they got to do QA instead of their publishers. New Vegas was Betesda QA, NWN2 was Atari QA, Alpha Protocol was Sega QA. I think even KOTOR 2 was Bioware QA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

duckfarts posted:

Fantastic idea! Ban MooCowlian

Worked fine! Gifter was from USA USA USA. The places you should avoid getting gifted from are Russia and Brazil, as those regions have reduced pricing normally to try and sell in the face of rampant pirating, so those are generally the ones you have to both buy, activate, and play in/from those regions.

Note that MGR is also region-locked in a bunch of other SE asian countries as well as all the rest of South America, even though the prices in those 2 regions are exactly the same as the US price. While there are many less words in it than before, the OP still includes a list of US gifters.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Lance Streetman posted:

It's one of those weird divides between western RPGs and JRPGs. Among western RPGs, an Action RPG is usually a Diablo clone. Among JRPGs, an Action RPG is usually something like Ys or Kingdom Hearts. Amalur seems to be more of the latter, from what I've seen.

JARPGS and WARPGS clearly.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Manatee Cannon posted:

Haven't there been Playfire rewards for games you can't buy on GMG before? Dunno why it matters whether the game is sold there when you'd likely just be getting a Steam key anyway.

Yeah, I think they also had rewards for Dynasty Warriors 8 at launch and it's still not on GMG. I have $20 in credit waiting, GMG.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Ragequit posted:

Metal Gear Rising: I am dumb as poo poo for waiting this long to finish this game. I've even have had it since release! I originally only played through half of mission 3 or so before getting distracted. I would say that the final boss battle was incredible, but every Goddamn boss battle is incredible. They really did a fantastic job on all accounts, especially the music. That music gets me pumped as hell when the vocals kick in. I am going to keep playing this game to try and get S on every mission, although I can immediately think of a few areas where that is going to be very tough. I may have to abuse the checkpoint restart feature so I don't have to keep replaying entire levels. This is also the only game that made me feel like a badass every time a QTE came up. I was seriously stoked to see a QTE because I knew some crazy poo poo was about to go down. Everyone owes it to themselves to play this game.

You also played through the DLC, right? Abusing the checkpoint/restart is standard MO for S-ranking stuff, even copying save files because a lot of boss battles checkpoint you midway through so there's no way to restart them from the beginning. Especially important for trying to no-damage the last boss, since getting hit might trigger the next phase of the boss fight and a checkpoint.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Ragequit posted:

It's a no-buy for me unless it comes with Steam card(board boxes).

It does! Also apparently the PS4/Xbone head boxes, but those are probably only on those platforms??

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Humerus posted:

There's a fair number of charges for your taser and darts, but you can also just run past. I don't know how that would factor into the Ghost playthrough, though I'm pretty sure that the whole final level doesn't count for that anyway.

In a ghost run, instead of running past, you run past while invisible.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
The assassination missions in Absolution were okay, shame about the other 50%+ of the levels though (except the Gun Shop, the Gun Shop was good).

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

ymgve posted:

I think you might be better off using a PS1/Gamecube/PS2 emulator for playing them, that's probably easier than trying to get the PC ports working properly.

PSP as well because Peace Walker is the best MGS game so far.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Ddraig posted:

I'm going to dissent a bit and say dodging is probably more important than parry in MGR. Dodge allows to attack at the same time, has invincibility frames, and allows you to continue your combo. A lot of bosses become ridiculously easy if you learn how to dodge well. Sundowner in particular is a joke, as his explosive shield can be triggered with the dodge attack, and the damage completely ignored thanks to the invincibility frames. You can get a several hundred hit combo on him if you wish.

You don't get Red Sun's lyrics if you don't deal with that shield, so dodging is automatically a lesser mechanic.

Also the first DLC character is the greatest.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Darkrenown posted:

Neat, thanks! Did I miss the game telling me this, or do you just have to guess how unlocks work though?

Start->Help is the movelist.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Saoshyant posted:

So, all in all, I would have been fine by what I played if it was the state of the game six months ago, but one month ago and with only 13 days left for release I'm not entirely confident about it. At worst I imagine it will take a while after release until they are able to iron out issues.

Not 6 months ago, but the closed beta's last update was May 31. Hopefully they've done a fair bit of work since.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Terminally Bored posted:

And it takes so long, too. I remember Bugbear saying they will come up with a better name for Next Car Game but it's still called that (after what, two years now?). poo poo, after the disappointment that was Planetary Annihilation I'm not even sure if that Carmageddon remake will ever turn out decent.

Counterpoint: There's no better name than "Next Car Game"

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Dementropy posted:

It's not a bad sale. I picked up Painkiller Hell & Damnation plus all DLC for under $6 (or for free, considering it was all paid with store credit), and they threw in some extra "treats" with the purchase (in this case Huntsman: The Orphanage and X-3 Reunion). Okay, so maybe they were tricks, instead.

Son of a bitch i got the Nosgoth Veteran pack.

Twice.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Shindragon posted:

If I recally correctly, like 8? It's more of levels of taking out mooks and scavenging honestly. Most of the boss fights is when poo poo gets real.

edit: Also what? RE4 for like 2 bucks? Where? LINK NOW.

$10, I guess Morter has $8 in GMG credit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Organs posted:

how come people say hitman absolution is terrible? the only other game i've played in the franchise is hitman blood money on xbox 360 when it came out, which i didn't complete but found enjoyable. i've started playing hitman absolution and i've found it pretty good so far. does the game nosedive in quality at some point??

i'm still at the beginning really, only on the third level (the hotel) but i've been liking how the levels are basically big open sandboxes to goof around in. is it a case of people disliking the game because it's not as good as older entires (which i haven't played except for the xbox one) or are there some big issues that i'm going to run into eventually?

All the assassination levels (which are the only ones you've played so far) are pretty okay, but there are a bunch of levels where it's just "get from point A to point B" that are also kinda linear/heavily segmented. Sadly those levels make up like 2/3rds of the game.

• Locked thread