Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Testekill posted:

So you looked at the first page in my post history and inferred that? Yeah okay, besides the fact that about 75% of my last 100 posts have been about the AFL.

Yep, it's autism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Shadow of Mordor only came out 18 months ago, it takes time to shamelessly rip off a novel gameplay mechanic with modern AAA development schedules.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
These are probably the same people who think Dishonored was made by Bethesda and Michael Bay directed the last Ninja Turtles movie.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
More like Diaper Light Drifter lmao.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Fargin Icehole posted:

Alright, is hyper light drifter worth it? I'm looking for a reasonably difficult game.

I looked at this game like once or twice for a few years, so I already know what it is, but is it actually made well? is it hosed up like Slain! is? Are the controls good?

It's only been out for like a day, give it some time for people who aren't Kickstarter backers with a huge emotional investment in the game's success to get to play it.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Manatee Cannon posted:

there's a giant bomb quick look of the game and I think they mention that there's some heroes reboot or something, which is what this game is for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVRhJ1joGCQ

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Yodzilla posted:

I will never understand people who defend Heroes.

Heroes was always terrible, even the first season, but it came out at a time when superhero stuff was still a novelty and LOST had people hankering for shows they could obsess over and speculate on.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

I felt the same way about Holy Potatoes?! A Weapon Shop! which was also made by a mobile studio. Turns out that even when you remove the IAP elements mobile games are garbage because they're all about watching meters fill up and having to click 5x more than necessary because of user engagement tricks,

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

zedprime posted:

Games like Punch Club were really cool.

10 years ago when they were in flash and free on Kongregate.

Kongregate was awesome before free flash games dried up because everybody realized that mobile games and cheap Steam Greenlight titles were more profitable and it was overrun with lovely f2p MMOs.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

ShadowMar posted:

i got gifted mad max so while it's downloading i have two questions:

- controller works better for it, right?
- has the map bug been patched already?

1. Yes. It makes steering and Batman-style combat better and there's very little actual shooting that woulds benefit from using a mouse.
2. Nope.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Freak Futanari posted:

Christ, it's like you children have never seen a cartoon boob before

A game where you raise women like virtual pets is pretty creepy regardless of boobage, especially considering how gross the Huniepop guy is.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

DrManiac posted:

That's because it's a parody of those lovely Facebook games! (even though those are free)

huniecam.png

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Sivek posted:

fuuuucccccckkkkk

My big issue with using the recorder is that it's so time consuming. Like every puzzle with it I'll have a number of failed attempts using it while trying to figure out the puzzle and I end up holding down the fast forward button a dozen different times just to start over. Messing up with lasers, jammers or even fans doesn't give the same sense of frustration because I don't have to go to a set location and hit record/play, etc every time I use them.

Also, I'm the type that has to physically go through the motions when solving the puzzles instead of planning it out beforehand and the recorder doesn't work well my puzzle solving ability.

There's a fast-forward key, it isn't bound by default but if you go into the options and set it it makes recorder puzzles way easier.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I'd say it's more like making a Kinect game only without at least having the excuse of being paid by Microsoft to do it.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Palpek posted:

I watched those Vive presentation videos on Steam and they gave me immediate Wii/Kinect flashbacks. People trying so hard to have fun together, let's clap our hands, kumbaya my lord. I'm not rejecting the idea as a whole mind you as I'm sure there are some good vr games upcoming and some of the existing games could benefit greatly from it . Just most of what they showed looked like tech demos and overall crappy ouya-level games that you will launch once never to open again.

I guess it's like every other launch day.

At least motion controls gave us some hilarious trade show presentations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTYtH28esTg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw_Bd-13YCk

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

ShadowMar posted:

that's pretty much every steam game review section unless it's really bad

It's always fun when you give a bad review to some tiny indie game nobody has heard of that came out years ago and your review gets downvoted almost immediately by what is presumably the game's creator.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Quest For Glory II posted:

i've said this before but Epic used to GIVE AWAY map packs FOR FREE for unreal tournament. And these companies today wonder why their online communities die within a month

I'm sure that question weighs heavily on their minds and they're counting the money from suckers who keep buying season passes sight unseen.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I liked what I played of Korra but the unskippable endless runner levels where you're riding your giant dog meant I never finished it.

False. Jokes are actually funny.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Isn't Doom's multiplayer by a completely different team than the singleplayer?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Mzbundifund posted:

I never played Doom. What DID make it legendary?

It was first. Unless they make a time machine that takes you back to when you were a kid and the idea of a first-person shooter was mindblowing there's no way that the new game can live up to that regardless of quality.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Palpek posted:

We get a good Wolfenstein game and people are able acknowledge this despite the game's legendary status. Also if you can't recognize how good Doom was not because of the name but because of really excellent gameplay design then I don't know what to tell you.

Wolfenstein: The New Order was a story-driven shooter with a cover system, RPG elements, dual-wielding, and optional sidequests. It's basically the polar opposite of what purists want in an old-school shooter, further illustrating that people have no idea what they actually want.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

SynthOrange posted:

Lmao at the google line around his face.

THEY TOLD ME THAT I COULD BE ANYTHING

SO I BECAME A RACCOON

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Hamelekim posted:

It's already happening. I just watched some venture capital thing where a company had a deal to stream soccer games in VR. It is going to be all over the place in a few months.

Remember back in like 2009 when everyone thought 3d was going to be the next big thing and TV manufacturers were gearing up to sell 3d TVs and sports channels started broadcasting in 3d and then the whole thing fizzled out because nobody wants to have to wear a pair of goggles to watch TV?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Sono posted:

Valkyrie Chronicles: any reason to watch the cutscenes? I just started, and while I'm enjoying the gameplay, the 5 cutscenes : 1 level ratio is driving me nuts. Skip everything?

It's very front-loaded with the cutscenes, once you actually get to the capitol and get your training camp and recruit people it lets up a bit, but it's still anime as gently caress.

corn in the bible posted:

people don't like having to buy individual goggles for everyone watching the tv especially with sports because you get people over to watch the game
i know its hard for goons to understand this

As somebody who lives alone and consumes all their non-interactive media from a VLC player window in the corner of my desktop PC montior as I post and game I have some valuable insight into the future of mass media consumption.

:goonsay:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Jamfrost posted:

Imagine Steam Support with in VR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQEiXST_qms

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
The best part of the cutscenes is that there's a member of your squad who is conspicuously featured in them yet is not actually playable so of course he's the dude who sacrifices himself at the end of the game to save everyone.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

vr goggles will be just as popular as google glass

At least Google Glass gave us the hilarity of rich San Francisco tech douches declaring themselves a persecuted minority, VR doesn't even have that trainwreck factor.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Quantum Break...is Quantum Broken :grin:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

victrix posted:

It's a plot to lock all DX12 game purchases to a windows controlled store while they spy on our activities in windows 10. Wake up sheeple :byodood:

Wasn't that the entire reason Valve created SteamOS, because they were afraid that Microsoft might try and become a walled garden and lock them out?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Just wait until they don't hire him for the next commercial and he spends years crowing about Ford's financial hardships on Twitter and badmouthing them in interviews.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
There's also a rumor that the console manufacturers are going release updated versions of current consoles (ie the PS4k) but then again this is right after everyone fell for that Nintendo NX controller hoax so...

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Leal posted:

And game studios will try and come up with even more nickel and diming practices because YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND GUYS IT COSTS SO MUCH MONEY THESE DAYS WE *ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO* SPEND 80% OF THE BUDGET ON GRAPHICS WHY DO YOU KEEP BUYING INDIE GAMES WITH PIXEL ART?!

Indie pixel art is just as much about marketing and demographics, though...

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

exquisite tea posted:

There is an answer for all your plot-related inquiries, and it is "video games."

It was a little surprising that the new TR went straight for the supernatural angle when in the 2013 reboot almost everything could potentially be explained by natural phenomena + coincidence, though.

Do you not remember the part in TR2013 when a Japanese ghost shouts at a plane so hard that it crashes? Or the army of samurai zombies? Or your friend getting possessed?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I just beat The Wolf Among Us, I had heard that the last chapter goes to poo poo but it actually worked really well in my favor because by that point I was so sick of everyone's bullshit that being able to go "gently caress this, gently caress you" and slaughter the Crooked Man and then just walk away from the bickering fables felt so cathartic.

Shame that the guy who makes the comic is an rear end in a top hat who turned the whole thing into a weird tract about conservativism, I haven't read a comic in years but the game almost made me want to dig it up.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

SynthOrange posted:

Lmao when The Big Bad Wolf goes "Actually Israel was right!"

Also abortion is literally a plot by witches to sacrifices babies for their arcane rituals :pseudo:

As much as I liked the game, Bigby Wolf is the worst fantasy name this side of Shadow Moon from American Gods.

Especially when the climax of the game is you turning into a literal giant wolf. And then huffing and puffing all the badguys away :nallears:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

i would love for shoddy cgi graphics to come back. please make donkey kong country again

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Cathair posted:

Saw that in one of the steam reviews, person says this makes it "an adaptation, not just a port"

Jesus H. Christ, people are now so used to minimum-effort garbage ports that they think anything other than making the exe run on Windows is going above and beyond the call of duty. :cripes:

They updated the graphics, overhauled the controls to work with a completely different form of input, and added accessibility like a speed-up function. What more do you need? A built-in time machine so you can go back in time and stop them from losing the original HD assets?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Kly posted:

ff9 sucks and wasnt worth $20 when it was new let alone now

You're absolutely right but even almost 20 years later the kind of people who latched onto it because of the backlash against VII and VIII aren't going to admit it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Quest For Glory II posted:

also when I think asynchronous shooter i think Evolve and thats not a good image to evoke

Evolve would have been OK as a retail title or a f2p , making it both a paid title with a massive amounts of DLC is what killed it.

• Locked thread