Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
odiv
Jan 12, 2003

email from Steam posted:

Dear Steam User,

Steam will soon be priced in Canadian Dollar!

I'm finding it hard to be optimistic about this. I really hope this isn't just going to end up with us screwed on prices, eh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I've been poking around https://www.steamprices.com. Right now I'm probably most worried about publishers not caring enough to adjust their prices for our (tiny) market. It looks like Civ V is $70 in Australia still.

If we get special pricing then we should at least demand the games be fully translated to French.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Snuffman posted:

Welp, according to the email I got yesterday, today is the day $CAD (:canada:) is introduced on the Steam store.

Price hike incoming for Canadians? I hope not. :ohdear:
Hasn't happened yet, probably will tonight. I have around 4.50USD in my Steam wallet. Should I use it now before the sky falls? :ohdear:

Maybe I should invest it in trading cards.

If they don't add the letter U everywhere or include French versions of games then I am writing a letter to the CRTC.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Mokinokaro posted:

Canadian prices are up as well. As expected, there's a 5 or 10$ price hike on most AAA games.
I just checked Assassin's Creed IV and it's at CAD$29.47 vs. USD$26.79. After conversion it's slightly cheaper in Canada. Which games are you seeing that are more?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Deakul posted:

Why does this suddenly make me want to buy Payday 2 even though I have no friends to play with?
Aw, I'll be your friend!

Though I also don't own it yet. And I'm reluctant to buy it now. Didn't a big sale just end?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

It only costs your soul.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Teleglitch is actually pretty fun. I really should get back to it. And now I have a good excuse to get friends into Risk of Rain because I certainly didn't play enough of that.

edit: also, there's an Origin Halloween sale: https://www.origin.com/en-ca/store/deals/pages/halloweentreatsale

Titanfall $15, BF4 $21, etc

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Schisser posted:

Sweet, Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition just appeared on Steam. It's going to be released tomorrow.

Nice! I just reinstalled my GoG copy, but maybe I'll get this instead. Can anyone speak to the Baldur's Gate enhanced edition? Was that well done enough to justify a purchase over the GoG one?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Man, I was all excited to play IWD again, but you guys are bumming me out.

I never finished Bastion; rage quit after failing the shield challenge for the Nth time (holy gently caress, why did you decide to rotate away from the incoming projectile that I've been facing this whole time). Should I get Transistor? $10 seems like a good price.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Saoshyant posted:

...the additional bullshit they will have to pay on top of the overpriced videogame they already bought.
None of the microtransaction stuff I heard about sounded remotely necessary.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

How are the Neverwinter Nights games? It's a little cheaper for me if I leave them out (and the couple I don't recognize) and I'm not sure that I'd ever play them.

Who am I kidding. I'm never playing any of this again... :(

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

drat people are quick on that grid 2.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I barely play the games I buy anyway. These devs are pioneers in making the type of game that I will most enjoy buying.

Beats all the early access and Kickstarter cruft out there.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I've been eying the Guardians of the Galaxy table for a little while. Is that any good?

Also, my mind can't process steam sale pages as well as it used to. It feels like everything's getting customized for me and I just want to know, "What are the good deals, dammit!" I think I'm just getting old.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Speaking of dual monitor multiplayer, do any racing games offer multiple monitor support (for multiplayer)? That seems like a no-brainer, but I haven't seen it anywhere.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I probably didn't get the Director's Cut of Shadowrun Returns: Dragonfall by Kickstarting Shadowrun Returns, right? I'll be honest, I haven't redeemed everything they sent out, so I'm not sure if I already own that or not. It sounds worth owning though.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Drifter posted:

YOu do get it for free if you already own the original Dragonfall.
Oh, nice! That's pretty great of them.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Back in the day I would think "Oh wow, Eidos' entire catalogue for under $100!"

Now it's, "Transistor is $10? Eh, I'll wait for $5."

Having all these games and realizing I'll never play half of them has certainly put a damper on my spending.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Yeah, it's probably more of a life stage thing than a general trend in gaming, but for me time is definitely the limiting factor. It took me a lot of Steam, GoG, and Humble sales to realize this though so I probably have enough games to last me the rest of my life.

...Well that's depressing.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I don't want to know what a jack party is, but it's probably against the TOS. You guys sicken me.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

This whole thing looks like a whole lot of effort for pennies. I think I'll just try to buy games for cheap.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Is there no "Sell this item for highest buy order" button? I can choose my price, it looks like, but the graph provided doesn't help me.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

A shadow.

What gets wetter the more it dries?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

17 pages before the sale has started? I don't know if I have the time for this sale, let alone the money.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Anonymous Robot posted:

One of the deals today is Dark Souls 2. Please be aware, there is a GOTY version with a better lighting engine and stuff coming later this year, and we don't know if it will be discounted for original owners or anything, but we do know that it will not be free for existing DS2 owners.
And Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition is a daily as well, but you just have to kind of know to check for other games in a franchise from past experience. Didn't they used to at least put "Franchise Sale" on the images before?

edit: And now the dailies and the "12 hour" sales both say "Daily Deal" on the store page? Weird.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

So what the hell is up with the relationship stuff in Sleeping Dogs? It's so terrible.

I sing karaoke with a hostess a couple of times, solidly in 1st or 2nd date territory. Then some guy tells me she's cheating on me and instead of saying, "What do you mean cheating? I barely know her," I say something like, "That bitch!" Then I bug a phone, tail her to her boyfriend, and we have a fight like we've been dating for a couple of years?

What the gently caress!?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Ah, that makes sense, thanks.

I had a plot quest and a relationship quest with the hostess at the same time. She called me up and said she was worried about something. I did the relationship one first and she didn't say a thing, then I left the club, went to the plot quest marker and all of a sudden she's freaking out.

Yay, programming!

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I wear my surgical mask out on dates, so it hasn't been all bad.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

cheesetriangles posted:

Prison Architect is pretty dope. That is all. Rest of the deals look pretty lousy.

I haven't bought an Early Access game yet. 80% off and it's not even done? That seems absurd.

I appreciate Vlambeer who afaik aren't putting Nuclear Throne on sale much or at all until it's done.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

And make sure you check your unclaimed Humble keys before buying anything! I almost bought* NEO Scavenger before I found out I already bought it.

*- Yes, I was going to make sure it was a daily first.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Wow, thanks! This is one I've been waiting for. Stupid hidden deals. (It's 50% off now. What was it before the daily?)

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Dammit, Ubisoft/Valve/Gabe, fix the Black Flag price and I might buy it.

Have any other "secret dailies" not returned along with the Encore deals?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Man, I feel like I've played a ton of Risk of Rain, but I haven't unlocked anything yet :negative:
Play with others! The difficulty doesn't scale when you add players, iirc. Or switch the difficulty.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Yeah, maybe I'm living in the dark ages, but my OS and some applications are on my SSD and all my games are on a regular drive.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Paradoxish posted:

Yeah, I can't believe we're still having this discussion in 2015. Buying an SSD a few years ago was flat out the best thing I've done for my computer in a long time. It had more immediate and obvious real world effects than any processor or graphics card upgrade I've done in nearly a decade. Do you need one? No, but you're making a mistake if you don't have an SSD and you're prioritizing other computer upgrades over it.
No one was saying don't buy an SSD. I don't keep my games on there though and was wondering if I'm in the dark ages. I either play games that aren't too bad on the load times or (and this is probably it), I've grown accustomed to it. Not sure if I should try to pay attention now because then I'll have to get another drive!

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I used to not mind recommendations, is the annoying part. Now I mostly just ignore it.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

So, about Banished...

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

mr. nobody posted:

MD5 of that start.exe is 0BD4F0E034B5D5A4C4CB9E55717B7341
Someone lurked this already.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Piracy concerns aka DRM bullshit?

Adbot