Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.

Quest For Glory II posted:

Humble Store is doing an Ubisoft sale, uhh for the 2nd time this week. Different games though!

Child of Light - $11.24

I'm not real big on games as art usually. Is this a game I will likely enjoy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Also speaking of Divinity, is there no night in this game? Is there some way to advance time that I can't see? If no one is ever going to be asleep, how will I sneak into their house and take stuff (as is required for an early quest)?

Talk to them with one party member then control another and use c to sneak is one option.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

I already have this game so here's a key from the Square Enix Humble Bundle!
Hitman: Blood Money

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Does Dead Space 2 go on sale much? I have Dead Space 1 and 3 from the Humble Origin Bundle but it'd be nice to play through all 3.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, that is my problem. If BL2 is a 6 on the self-reference and Internet joke scale, that video is an 11, regardless of the writer's stated intention.

I never found Borderlands (2 especially so for me) to be hilarious. In addition the drop rate on items was horrendous in a game supposedly about loot that shouldn't have really had balance concerns. And we're talking about the company who released Duke Nukem Forever and Aliens Colonial Marines.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Bulletstorm is available again and on sale for $4.99 :toot:

If you don't own this game you need to. Nothing is better than leashing an enemy and then shotgunning him into an electric building.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Anyone want to comment on how Heavy Bullets is? I see it's for sale on the Humble Store but I'm not sure if I want to pull the trigger.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Dominic White posted:

And here I am absolutely loving it. It's pure Mikami. Resident Evil 4 remade for 2014, pretty much, but that's cool with me. It's much tighter than RE4 - the enemies are always threatening, and ammo/health is always very scarce. It's an action horror game but never falls into the Dead Space pitfall of making the player an unstoppable god of destruction.

It helps that the setting is basically Silent Hill + Hellraiser 2. Lets them mess with the player a lot more.

I don't get the comparisons to RE4. I always had plenty of ammo in that game where as The Evil Within you seem to not have enough ammo to fight through most situations. (This is just from watching streams of it, at least)

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

I have Bioshock 1 and never got around to finishing it. I'm wondering if I should snag the deal for Bioshock 1, 2 and Infinite? Is any of the Infinite DLC worth picking up?

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Resident Evil 4 is just listed as Resident Evil 4 / Biohazard 4 but isn't there a HD remake? Or is that the HD remake and it's just not very clear?

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Deakul posted:

So, what exactly is bad about Evil Within? I'm hearing good stuff about it like it's an improved RE4.

The plot makes zero sense. And from watching people play it from Chapter 10ish on you are given 1/3rd of the ammo you need for the amount of enemies you encounter.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

I grabbed the first key for this, thank you very much.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Palpek posted:

Good games with decent sale %:

[*]The Testament of Sherlock Holmes[/list]

How is this if I have very limited adventure game/puzzle/point and click game experience?

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

I found this game didn't hold my attention at all. I'll probably give it another shot but I was pretty disappointed.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

A Bakery Crime posted:

Seems like nobody's had a chance to try this Insurgency game yet, I aim to right that:

https://www.humblebundle.com/?gift=tCGMWE7tkVF2VSha

Grabbed one of these, thank you!

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

I was really hoping for a better sale than $40 for Borderlands since I have some steam bucks to use. Oh well, guess there's always the Christmas sale.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Drifter posted:

Or just don't play another Borderlands game.

I actually agree it's a poor series by a studio I don't really care to support but a buddy enjoys playing it coop.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

How is Child of Light? Is it worth $6 and what are the strong/weak points of the game?

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

I had trouble getting into Metro 2033 due to controls and only made it 2 hours in. Is redux worth picking up? What issues does it address exactly like controls, graphics, etc.?

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Bully says on the steam store page english isn't supported? What gives?

Edit: I see this question up the page, my bad!

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Kin posted:

That looks like the most tedious loving thing ever. It looks like it's got all the gameplay of a modelviewer mode in an extras menu.

I'm inclined to agree. I played Serious Sam 3 for 4 hours and all of it was tedious, bland and terrible.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Any recommendations for playing through Dark Souls 2 and enjoying myself? I don't have any of the DLC and when I tried the game at release I just found it frustrating unlike previous games.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Azran posted:

I don't know what could have been frustrating beyond the way Agility works. I do recommend picking up the DX11 version for the best possible experience though.

I already own Dark Souls 2, how do I get the DX11 version?

As to what I found frustrating I found the dodging and parrying frustrating compared to previous games. I'm aware of agility I just don't like it.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Niggurath posted:

It might be good to forewarn people that Scholar made some pretty large enemy layout changes and some of them might seem a tad extreme if you were already having issues with the game (i.e. hopefully you like fighting the Pursuer cause you'll be doing that a whole bunch). I mean it's appreciated that they did make improvements and performance changes, and I don't really mind the price. But if you were already having troubles with Dark Souls 2, I wouldn't really recommend getting the Scholar version.

Yeah I didn't find the original version of DS2 enjoyable, and certainly not enough for a $30 patch.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Azran posted:

On the note of Early Access shooters:

http://gfycat.com/WeightySnappyHorseshoecrab

The more I watch this the more it bothers me the enemy just disappears into a couple giblets and blood. Sure the shotgun should be effective closeup but bleh.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Any recommendations for a Puzzlequest esque game? I haven't played most, but what's considered the most polished?

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

borderlands 2 can be playable as long as you have a ton of golden keys to give you actual fair loot for your current character level since you'll find good weapons in the field approximately never

in the end it's still just clicking a lot at an enemy that has no visual feedback for taking damage as a bar drains while you do extremely MMO-like quests like collect 5 blorph poops but there's wacky dialogue over them

Borderlands 2 even with friends was one of the most unpleasant game experiences for such an acclaimed game. If you hate stupid humor like I do it's even worse.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Drifter posted:

Well, I mean, if he's not going to be using them anymore... :shrug:

Really? If this person kills himself he can't use these hats anymore so I'd better enter? I don't even know how you can think like that.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Not steam related but I see Dragon Age Inquisition is $20 on Origin. Is it worth picking up or should I just splurge for Witcher 3? I haven't played either series so I have no attachments to either franchise.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Max Wilco posted:

On another note, what's the consensus on Sword Coast Legends? It seems like there's been a bit of backlash at it, but I have no idea why. It looked pretty interesting, and I remember someone here in thread saying that the main campaign was pretty good. Is it worth waiting for it to go on sale?

I know this was 2 pages ago but Sword Coast Legends is bad. They just released a state of the game address. Every time I play it the game crashes at least once, classes are very much not balanced and any basic feature doesn't exist pretty much.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Serious Sam 3 sucks, don't buy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Drifter posted:

But really, don't play borderlands at all.

Even with the drop rates cheat engined to a tolerable level, the gunplay isn't something amazing and enemies are bullet sponges.

Xeras fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Nov 28, 2015

• Locked thread