Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Bundle Stars have Arkham Asylum GOTY, Arkham City GOTY, and Arkham Origins with all DLC for $10. Crazy good deal if you don't have them yet.

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/batman-complete-bundle/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Apparently there are thousands of gem bags for sale for £0.03 each, but whenever I try and buy some it just tells me to try again.

E: uh, poo poo appears to be broken, or someone's figured out how to dupe these gems:

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Dec 12, 2014

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Downs Duck posted:

I just put in the exact same order time and time again until it went through.

This.

My buy order went through in the end. Any recommendations as to which boosters to create?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Im_Special posted:

The guy that wins every bid.

Three billion gems. It has to be a dupe, surely?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Valve has taken my gems away, and not returned the £0.47 I spent on them. This is a disgusting slap in the face and I'm currently on the phone to my lawyer to see about getting a class action lawsuit started.

(how many unironic posts like this will there be on the Steam forums? :D)

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
You guys weren't kidding about those anime trading cards. Some Japanese dude paid £0.19 for a Fairy Bloom Fresia booster pack that cost me like a penny's worth of gems.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Lonely Rolling Star posted:

Note, I am not an economist so I have no idea what I'm talking about. I don't think I had a real point to this.

Well the only way to create gems is to break down the items that come from combining cards. Once everyone has cleared all the crap out of their inventories, it should slow down and I guess the price of gems should creep up.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Vetitum posted:

someone please tl:dr wtf just happened. Piecing this clusterfuck together from frantic posts saying 'buy buy buy' and screenshots is maddening.

Valve started a thing where you break down your old backgrounds and trading cards and poo poo and get gems for them. You can use the gems to craft booster packs, or bid on games in a special auction lasting for 3 days. Someone figured out how to dupe the gems and flooded the market with billions of them. Valve turned the event off and removed all the gems from people's inventories. Presumably they'll turn it back on once they figure out how to prevent the dupes.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
My gems have reappeared again. I can put them into a sack, and take them out again, but I can't sell them on the marketplace yet. It'll be interesting to see what sort of price 1000 gems settles at once they fix the dupe.

E: Also, Advanced Warfare free weekend. I'd never buy it, but playing some shootmans for a weekend might be fun - if the download for JUST the multiplayer portion wasn't 40 loving gigs.

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Dec 12, 2014

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

masato tatanka posted:

I think the gem event was supposed to launch monday, because the auctions were supposed to occur every 45 mins from 3pm Dec 15th.

I don't think so, they specifically said that the first set of auctions were going to last for three days AFAIR.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

anne frank fanfic posted:

how do i make tons of cents off these dumb gems and dumb gamers

Because of the stupid gem crap, people are buying up cards and backgrounds and the prices have gone up. Just idle for all the cards you can get, and sell them.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I've got like 150+ cards to idle - assuming an average of £0.06 per card, that's pretty much £10 if I can get them all before card prices drop again. That should be enough for a few games in the sale. Thanks Valve economist person!

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I tried playing Street Fighter online, thinking that with the bundle there would be plenty of other people new to the game like me. Nope. Got owned, brutally and repeatedly.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Is there an Inside thread anywhere? I just finished it in one sitting, and holy crap what a game. Expensive for what turned out to be a three hour game (with maybe some replay value), but just so well crafted.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
So Necropolis just came out: http://store.steampowered.com/app/384490/

I hadn't even heard of it, but it looks really interesting. Anyone picked it up and want to say some words on whether it's worth the $30? 'Randomly generated rogue-lite souls-like game' sounds right up my alley, but the combat looks a bit janky.

E: http://www.polygon.com/2016/7/12/12124552/necropolis-review-pc-ps4-playstation-4-xbox-one ehhhh, might give it a miss

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jul 12, 2016

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

corn in the bible posted:

that's funny, because to me it sounds like disappointing over-promised bullshit

yeah it's looking that way. shame.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Couldn't find a hardware thread for this--it seems like the Steam Machine is fast turning into Valve's version of the VirtualBoy? Trying to assess the value for future upgrades from my current machine.

You can just build your own PC that costs less and is better than pretty much all the Steam machines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I think Valve still don't actually have a dedicated support team and rely on automation and then their general staff to deal with the rest on a voluntary basis. That's how it used to work, at least, which is hilarious for a storefront with literally millions of customers.

Gabe sometimes replies to emails, so you could send him one. Worth a shot.

Gaben@valvesoftware.com

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Apr 16, 2017

• Locked thread