Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

edit: Bought :)

Harlock fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jul 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Help how do I remove Steam Curators from existence

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Is there a unlock code for Sonic Kart Racing for everything? Or do you have to save game/trainer it

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Is prison architect $5.99 a daily sale? I seem to have missed Banner Saga yesterday.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

frank.club posted:

Interstellaria looks like a ton of fun any first impressions?
I got in on the Kickstarter and have been following the development up to this point, so I'm excited to see the game finally get released.

It's hard not to get the FTL comparisons out of the way. I've only played the first couple of hours or so, but it's definitely fun. After playing FTL to death, it's nice to have another space management sim that's more open-ended and a bit more robust in features. Crew management works mostly like FTL - you put your alien creature of choice at a work station and they get better at that specific job. Don't have someone manning the scanning station? Well, then your in-combat radar won't be as great. Space combat takes some getting used to as you need to manually maneuver your ship around to avoid enemy projectiles and to fire your own guns. It reminds me of Sid Meier's Pirates and the ship combat in that regard. You can send your crew down to planets on away missions to gather resources or to do quests, and this mostly works okay. Characters move very simply via waypoint and any combat they encounter is quick and brief. Hope your team has better weapons and killing power than the thing you're facing. It's all mostly on autopilot unless you need to use a medkit here and there.

Player ships boast some customization by being able to snap everything down to a grid-like layout of whatever ship you're currently flying. Also, you get the chance to manage a fleet of ships, not just one.

There are some things I hope can be fixed later on. It's quite easy to lose track of your crew members if they both occupy the same space in a ship. The prologue to me felt a little weird to be given a robot combat buddy that doesn't seem to be able to work a crew station. Maybe my experience is different than everyone elses, but weird to have to micromanage between 3 ship stations with only 2 crew to start. Also, I wasn't quite sure where the tutorial ended. Perhaps my own thought that I'd be able to create my own character at some point after the basics were brushed away - but it gets right into the meat of the game after your first couple of space encounters.

I've been peeking into the Steam thread to see what people have thought so far, but I thought a new thread might suffice to channel specific talk about the game. Curious to see if/how other people are enjoying it or to find stuff I may have missed. I'm a sucker for space exploration games and Interstellaria is scratching that itch until the next one comes around.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Why buy one new Mega Man game when you can have six

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Can we just nuke curators now

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Where's the best/most reliable place to get a 360 controller pairing dongle? I already have several controllers so I don't need to buy a combo pack.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Is the best way to get Enemy Within at this point to buy the $10 complete edition even if I already own Xcom?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Unbalanced posted:

Enemy Within is $7.50 currently at GamersGate. It goes on sale a lot with $6.00 as it's historical low, but if you want to get it now that's your best bet.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-XCOMEW/xcom-enemy-within
Thanks, I appreciate it. Not ready to buy XCOM2 yet and I still haven't played EW.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I've been waffling on the dumb Star Wars bundle and it's almost over. I've always wanted to play Tie Fighter and X Wing, but how playable are they without a joystick? That's the only thing holding me back, since I probably won't buy one.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

A really good Paul Bearer cosplayer

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Stall_19 posted:

You had Quantum Conundrum? I've never even heard of that game.
It was in a humble bundle a long time ago

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Burning Rain posted:

Wow, that's pretty harsh. I haven't played the first one, but according to all accounts FHM2 is hugely improved. I didn't notice anything particularly broken about the simulation, all the stats seemed believable. The trade AI does need some adjusting and the way European leagues are set up has some issues (at least KHL), but I haven't come across any big problems otherwise in 35 hours.
FHM2 is basically built on the Out of the Park Engine so if you've played any of the OOTP games, you'll find it pretty similar. It gets the job done for an NHL sim when EHM is nearly a decade old now.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

iGestalt posted:

Way of the Samurai 3 just released, woo. I'm going to pick it up when I can afford to, as I personally enjoyed it far more than WoTS4. Do we know if the port is as good as 4's?
As long as it doesn't have the same 1-3 FPS moments as the PS3/360 versions.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Rebel Assault I + II and Rogue Squadron 3D have been added.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

People who really liked Walking Simulators(tm) loved it.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Aside from the expansion, it seemed like they patched BG1 Enhanced with a lot of other welcome features. Parts of the UI are different and it generally seems more helpful and useful.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Enter the Gungeon looks great but my only worry is how hard it is going to be, I am bad at video games

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Once a game in a genre is made, you can never make a similar title ever again. Them's the rules.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Speaking of Homeworld, when are we getting Cataclysm remastered? :smith:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Mutant Standard posted:

This looks terrible tbh.

"Hey you big idiot follow this breadcrumb trail."
I like it happened 8 times during the slow pipe climb

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Nullset posted:

All the skins in Overwatch are free(with the exception of the Origin edition I guess), you unlock them in loot boxes that you get when you level or buy them with gold you get out of said boxes. Last I heard they have no plans to sell skins, but might be looking at letting people buy more loot boxes.
They will probably let you buy the currency which lets you buy the poo poo

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Crusader Kings II seems like a game I should love but I just can't get into the UI/get a feel for how the game plays. It scratches that itch I have somewhere between the Total War series and Hearts of Iron, et al. Is there a better video / written tutorial than what comes in the game to know what I'm doing?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Mierenneuker posted:

Turns out Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood might have some issues running on modern systems.

I should have suspected something when all the intro videos were flipped upside down. Time to consult some guides and tinker about.
3D sonogram mode looks awesome

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I wish they'd literally reveal anything else in the humble monthly to decide if I want to buy.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Palpek posted:

Don't buy the X-Wing (and TIE fighter) series games on Steam as they're inferior to GoG ones (no dynamic music). The same goes for Dark Forces 2 and KOTOR series. GoG even has a sale going at the same time as Steam.

Maybe you'll have no problems with them but GoG versions are optimised for modern systems unlike the Steam ones.

Good Steam Star Wars games:
-Jedi Acadeny
-The Force Unleashed 1
-LEGO Star Wars - The Complete Saga
-Republic Commando
-Pinball FX tables: only the classic trilogy ones
Empire at War is good also

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I wish we had a proper Sleepy Dogs sequel at this point. It was fun to play from beginning to end, but after beating the story - the open world isn't that great to play around in. Just fun to drive.

The Kung Fu tourney DLC was fun, but short. Absolutely hated the Zombie DLC.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I have Fran Bow from the Humble Monthly that I really have no interest in playing. Does anyone have a spare Dark Souls Steam key they'd be willing to trade for it? I think Dark Souls has been ~$5 or less at times.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Ace of Seafood, the greatest/worst game of all time

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

FFX/X2 is on Steam today finally. But apparently you can't do Japanese language with English subtitles because of technical difficulties. You can, however, select French/German/etc text with English language.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

HGH posted:

Oh man, are sub users are throwing a temper tantrum?
There's currently 8 pages of comments? So, yes.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Gorn Myson posted:

Does the FFX/X-2 remaster have the ability to skip cut scenes?
The PS4 version did not, sadly.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

What happened to the Steam reviews of Fallout 4 lately? Did people hate Vault Workshop that much?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

So after working for a long time my Steamlink doesn't want to connect to Steam and just crashes it on my PC every time I try to connect

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Superhot was neat, but I was tired of it by the end of the very short game. I'm very grateful to have received the code for free, but I can't fathom paying the $25-30 it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Octodad is an actual good father

• Locked thread