Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I bought FightPass in large part to watch this card. What can I say McGregor kind of intrigues me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

McCall was on Rogan's podcast last year and he was a cool guy.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

2-0 McCall but MMA judges

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

CommonShore posted:

That fight was so far from close that the 29-28 has me kind of mystified.

Eh I could def see someone scoring the first for Pickett even if McCall pretty clearly had it.

I had money on McCall and really thought he had to take the third to have it in the bag, and even then I wouldn't have been shocked to see some dickhead score it 29-28 Pickett.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

you are apparently awful at scoring fights

theon greyjoy, karate master

No I just realize MMA judging is very bad. I never said I scored it that way (I had it 30-27 McCall) but I've seen fights just as lopsided scored in retarded ways.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

I don't get it.

What's hard to understand? I said I wouldn't have been shocked if, because of stupid judging, it was even going into the third round. I put almost nothing past the judges anymore after Diego Sanchez's last two victories.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Some of this threads' stream is ahead of mine. :(

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I don't want either Lawler or Brown to lose.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I'm not one to jump on hype trains but Conor McGregor has totally won me over between his fight with Holloway and the buildup to this fight.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

-Atom- posted:

Some of my favorite moments in MMA are hype derails.

Go Diego!

nevermind

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

that was quick

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

This dude is a star.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Come back to Ireland soon please.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Conor vs Porier next please. That can easily headline a FS1 card.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Edgar is too much for Conor at this point. I think.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

-Atom- posted:

you're loving delusional if you think using the word hyped around Conor is an outlandish statement to make

I like you but I have never seen somebody who hates cool fighters as much as you. Even if you probably are right in this case.

McGregor hasn't fought the best competition but he has destroyed all 3 fighters he's stepped into the cage with. If he was getting by on split decisions against this competition that's one thing, but he's done to those 3 fighters what *really* good fighters would have done also.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Now that's a midcard fight you can set your watch to having too many words written about it!

This would probably headline an FS1 card.

Also who ever said Glover was a threat to Jones besides Dana "Barao #1 P4P" White?

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I agree, McGregor is at least as good as Russell Doane.

Well Doane fought Brimage to a SD which sort of proves my point. It's not that Conor is beating these guys but the way in which he is beating them.

Also he's fun as gently caress to watch.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

-Atom- posted:

I think he's awesome.

Good enough.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

P4P is a really hard discussion because it's almost impossible to back up your argument with facts but Barao probably could never be higher on that list than Cain, Jones, and Aldo.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

1st AD posted:

DDP easily blew the doors off Brandão AND Max Holloway and he'd still get murdalized by the top wrestlers at featherweight.

Fair point.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I know I'm late to this party but how old is this guy that a bunch of drunk sluts at an after party is a bad thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

why are these sluts paying attention to these guys their posture is terrible

• Locked thread