Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
I'm based in Ireland. I know there's a channel showing the main event, but does the free trial of Fight Pass show the whole line up? I've never really watched MMA before but I figure this could be a good jumping off point. I'm not gonna pay for it though. So does the free trial cover everything tomorrow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Agent Tough Juice posted:

I don't know if there are stipulations specific to Ireland, but here in the US, every fight is on Fight Pass, so if you were to get the free trial, you'd definitely get the whole card.

Cool cool. I think that was the case. But they were showing up the €7.99 charge next to the prelims and the main line up so I thought it might be a PPV thing on top of the rest. Is there anything else worth watching on it during my seven day trial?

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Ariza posted:

I'm assuming it's mostly due to White's Boston connections and the horrible Irish pride the assholes there have. There are more people in Minnesota than in Ireland.

Back off. The only people entitled to be annoyed at American's being proud of their Irish heritage are the Irish. St. "Patty's" day my arse.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Muttonchips posted:

What kind of weird rear end bat is this?

That's a hurl. It's for baetin' heads with while playing hurling.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
I've been interested in watching MMA for a while. I never found the impetus to sit down and watch an event though. Being Irish the event last night finally was enough to have me sign up to Fight Pass and actually watch an event. I have to say I'm totally sold. I'll be keeping my sub up to Fight Pass for at least another month to get some more fight nights in.

I know last night's card turned out quite well, all things considered, the fights were the best sporting event I've watched all year. I started off just watching on my own, with a few beers and the IRC open for the prelims, which all rocked. It was fantastic to see the Irish fighters do so well. For the main card a friend came over. She was a bit disappointed at the lack of clean strikes in the Gunnar and McCall fights, but halfway through the McCall fight she said, "This is an event I'd be happy to go see live." More nights of beer and fights and are definitely on the cards for me.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
I get you posture dude. No-one wants to party with Oompah Loompah wannabes. Actual Oompah Loompahs on the other hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Yuriy posted:

one ufc event under your belt and youre already talking poo poo about Team Alpha Male?

I have no idea what Team Alpha Male is but Oompah Loompahs is generally used to refer to women. These type of women.

• Locked thread