Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I don't like euro announce team, or euro Bruce Buffer

nobody does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
irish people are hilarious

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I think he said his training partner was in jail, then said something about bad dreams then the rest was all completely incomprehensible

i culd feel im guzzlin' and i knew he was dere

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

They are burning through these fights. It hasn't even been 45 minutes and we're at the 3rd bout already.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

1st AD posted:

I didn't watch last season after like 3 episodes but iirc Cathal looked awful?

yeah. literally the entire cast looked awful until the finals.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

lmao how is this still going on. finish him already

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Zero judges will score that a 10-8

it's hilarious that King got a 10-8 round and he's still going to lose cause he can't finish this

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

the greatest takedown

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Yep, that went about as it should have. Mike King might be the worst guy to ever step foot in the octugun

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

this interview is way too coherent, bring back the garbled irish giddy

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

double negative posted:

That fight was straight up hilarious

At first I was hoping this would be like the cards in Brazil where all the Brazilians lose and the crowd gets real quiet and morose but this is actually way better

UFC is way too new into its Euro expansion to risk those guys losing. At least in Brazil they can lose 12 fights in a row and it doesn't matter since they have tons of legitimate talent from that country.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Agent Tough Juice posted:

I'm half Irish (in the sense that any American is half Irish) and I'm now considering quitting my job and living in a gym so I can experience something like that. I'LL SEE YOU IN FIVE YEARS DUBLIN!!!

If you can convince UFC you're Chinese you can begin headlining Macau cards next year.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Seery is loving him up

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

throwing a man into the ref should be an automatic 10-8 round.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

1st AD posted:

Seery is a real dark horse flyweight. I want to see him move up and fight someone in the fringe of the top 10.

Besides Pickett, I mean.

Scott Jorgensen would be a good fight for him. Someone like Benavidez would eat him alive

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

I will never get tired of Ilir Latifi fights. Never.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Latifi is a pound for pound fighter, already. The greatest

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

CommonShore posted:

Latifi looks like he should be getting someone with a name soon. Doesn't look anything like the guy who was frustrated by Mousasi's jab.

He took that fight on like 4 days notice or whatever it was. he was eating a bowl of cereal and then fighting in a cage 72 hours later.

not that I think Latifi would beat Mousasi when both guys have good camps buuuut Latifi owns, that's the point. Latifi owns.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Geno Petralli posted:

I'm kinda bothered that nogueira is still fighting

That's more applicable for Big Nog. Lil Nog actually hasn't had a bad UFC career at all, he's just been injured forever.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Mr. Nice! posted:

This has been the best back to back cards I've ever watched.

well you're in luck since there's 0 possibility that next week's card will be bad with Lawler/Brown & Green/Thomson on it too. Clay Guida will try his hardest to make Dennis Bermudez boring though.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

is this Kotani guy any good? i would like to see norman lose

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Rob Emerson is probably pretty high up on that list

gently caress that dude

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

McCall needs to do a better job of keeping Pickett down. Then he'll have this in the bag.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Really? I think Ian's looking a lot fresher than Pickett. Like his movement is still really solid

Similarly I have no idea how this is an even contest or a close fight. McCall has gotten takedowns on Pickett and has defended all the ones from Pickett. Ian is landing more shots and better shots. what the heck.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The one thing I'll say is unless the judges completely screw McCall over, this is a good enough fight to warrant another fight against Demetrious Johnson while Dodson is out, but I also feel like if Makovsky can impress against Formiga then he can sneak in there first. If McCall finished this he would have had it locked down.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

I like Gunnar Nelson a lot but I sort of want to skip that fight and get to the main event already.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

CommonShore posted:

That fight was so far from close that the 29-28 has me kind of mystified.

Most likely when McCall slipped at the end of the 1st round after Pickett threw a strike the judges assumed that Pickett created a knockdown.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Great finish, he needs tougher competition next. Now on to the main event

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Yuriy posted:

this piece of poo poo walking out to sandstorm, i hope the cockatiel is pissed

this makes me think PSP influences MMA in ways we'll never fully understand.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

If there's anybody who could be easily rattled by Conor's poo poo talk it's the dude who wanted to stab somebody with a pen for no apparent reason

Yep. Brandao isn't a terribly bad fighter but he's guaranteed to come out swinging, not land anything at all really, and then gas and die easily.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

good to see kevin iole working security

lmao

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Yeah that went about as it should have.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gwo81u17BzY

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Conor vs Edgar would be the fight I would love & pay money to see, but it's either gonna be Cub if they can talk him into it, Poirier, or maybe even Jeremy Stephens. Those guys he has a good shot against and it would be the top 10 win he would need.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

1st AD posted:

Realistically the most appropriate fight is Oliveira. Also that's a great fight.

I was just thinking the same but he's rematching Lentz at the moment. He beat Lentz the first time but both guys have improved since that match. I'd expect Charles to win it again though. I agree that it's a good fight to make.

Yuriy posted:

except for glover texeira which is v odd to me because he got rocked by Ryan Bader and then hyped as a legit threat to jon jones lol

Glover went the distance with Jon Jones. Find how many LHW have done the same. Ryan Bader wasn't one of them.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Dangersim posted:

Glover got loving mauled.

Then the other guys Jon Jones fought got mauleded more? The point was he made it sound like Glover had no chance against Jones when he's done better than most who have faced him.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Dangersim posted:

I have trouble saying Glover did better then anyone else just because he has a good chin, he had nothing for JBJ.

I'm not disputing that Glover didn't lose 50-45 to Jones, he got beat soundly, but to make it like he had no reason to be in there against Jones or that he hadn't earned his shot is nonsense.

poo poo if you added up all the strikes Glover did land on Jones I bet it amounts to more than Shogun/Chael/Rampage combined.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

woozy pawsies posted:

you really shouldnt worry about your posture.

but how am I supposed to be invited to the good parties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Make sure you watch Lawler vs Brown next week. It could end up being one of the best fights of the year.

• Locked thread