Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
Loving the thread so far! You've come a long way already. Please don't die, thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I don't foresee a lot of traffic in here because I chose an extremely ambiguous thread title and no one knows who the gently caress I am. :toot:

Nah, it's more like the opposite. This thread is going to make you an AI superstar!

If you don't get many replies, it will be because you've gone into plenty of depth in your posts (you have) and there's not many questions that you haven't already answered. Plus with you already having completed the work you've typed up, we can't ask the 'so are you going to do...' questions or offer advice. Now that you're all caught up, we can all start making GBS threads up posting helpful stuff :).

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

There's still some adhesive residue that I want to get rid of before I throw some paint down. What do you guys suggest for that? Wire wheel?

Try kerosine.

Awesome car! :D

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

I thought the dry ice was great for the solid bitumen sound deadening, but it's less effective on the lovely residue it leaves behind.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hJbzCSWdN0 at 9 minutes. (PS this is a great project video log)

Depending on the residue, ethanol or citrus 'label remover' may work better. Window tint residue comes off great with oven cleaner. Good luck.

Pomp and Circumcized fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Feb 14, 2016

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Great progress, I'm loving this car! :D

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Those home-cast parts look awesome. Nice job :)

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

I hate it when something dumb like an incorrect part holds up the build. Nice progress, as always!

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

drat, that looks nice. Good work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

LloydDobler posted:

Never don't post. A lot more people are watching than you think. And we live for this poo poo. Nice work.

100% this. For some reason, I always read this thread and think of how I can add an encouraging reply other than "holy poo poo this tread is awesome and yo're doing amazing work", but I never manage to come up with anything and I would just end up with me posting a load of low-content posts all over your thread.

Thread is great. Car is great. Post more great.