Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Whitney Langston

Whitney spun around & headed to a closet. As she did the backpack strapped to her came into view.

"Yeah, I have a bag."
Seeing the look of embarrassment on Andy's face, she continued: "The straps matched my shirt, you were sort of distracted by our new roommate's....condition, I guess? And I'm...well, big. You missed it. It's ok."

As she began to empty the bag of its contents into the closet, for once, she was glad for her larger size. It blocked the view so no one would see that her backpack containing all her remaining worldly belongings carried little more than another couple sets of outfits. As she emptied her bag, she saw a small collar pressed against the cloth. The small collar.

It really would figure, she thought to herself, that the one memento I managed to bring along would be one that reminded her of the most traumatic moment. Well, before the whole "you're an orphan oh my god let's take you" moment, anyway.

Tossing the bag into the bottom of the closet, she turned back to the group.

"My name's Whitney."

Qualities and Flaws posted:

Looks like an Amazon [+2]: She'd be politely called "stocky" if she weren't so drat tall. When something's just out of reach, or you need to spook a smaller person into seeing things your way, Whitney's a good one to have on your side.

Flying Solo [+2]: Whitney can handle herself pretty well for a teenager. Bills were paid, homework was completed, attendance was spectacular. Nobody knew her parents had disappeared until a couple months after the money her dad had hidden away ran out & the bill collectors came looking. If her part-time job paid a little better, they still might not have known.

Shrink [+4]: Whitney can shrink herself, with the caveat that the more she shrinks & the longer she stays that size the more sick she'll be when returning to full size.

Authority mistrust [-2]: Allowing any authority figure to get involved only makes things worse. Important interactions with authority figures seem to always go the opposite way Whitney would like them to. (Mainly when authority figures try to exert that authority; she doesn't come across as troublesome, but she does tend to over-react to being questioned. Lies when she should be honest, is honest when she should lie, etc.)

Looks can be deceiving [-2]: Ever since the incident with Kiki she's very afraid of hurting another living thing, or being hurt. She's extremely hesitant to actually use her larger-than-average size to gain an advantage, and she's terrified of shrinking herself down to the point where she herself would not be an imposing figure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Whitney Langston

She graciously accepted a couple cherries from Andy, then used her height to pick a couple juicier-looking ones from a bit higher up the tree to return the favor.

"I used to be on the basketball team. I tried soccer & lacrosse, even field hockey once...always a goalkeeper, for obvious reasons. I never really got a chance to see if I enjoyed those sports at all...I just got stuck in front of the goal and got balls kicked or chucked at me the entire time, and if one didn't hit me I got yelled at for letting it in. Not a lot of fun there.

In basketball they can't really make you camp out in front of one net the entire time, though, so that one I actually enjoyed.

What about you? Or Mary? I uh, I don't think Joanna's really into group activities like that."

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Whitney Langston

Whitney hesitated before spitting the pits into the offered handkerchief. Wasn't the most sanitary thing in the world, but it was better than getting in trouble right from the start. She quietly kicked herself for eating the cherries in the first place without checking to see if that, too, would get her in trouble.

As they stepped into the dining hall Whitney's gaze seemed to turn to a thousand-yard stare, and even that felt like not enough to see the other side of the room. She's so distracted by it that she almost misses Andy talking about a pickup basketball game.

"Sure. I'd be down for that."

I think Whitney'd take +2 Amazon on offense just because she's so big & -2 Afraid of her own size on defense because she doesn't want to use her size to box out or block shots or anything that'd be construed as aggressive, so in-game she'd come across as a bit of a one-trick pony (and maybe even a "too good to play defense" diva if the wrong sort of person is in the game).

• Locked thread