Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Sitting in an air conditioned box inside an air conditioned stadium next to an air conditioned hotel with restaurants every 5 feet isn't a sport. Golf is more of a sport at least you are outside walking around when you aren't riding a little cart or paying a poor to haul your bag around.

That said I hope noted racist Chinese team Newbee wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

The Brown Menace posted:

aw man chins up, big guy

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

The Taint Reaper posted:

Yeah they had a thermometer and everything showing at what levels different stuff gets unlocked. It should be noted that most videogames did not need the amount of money listed to put the same features in the first place.

A Dota 2 compendium is 10 bucks. Something like 2-4 dollars from every compendium sale went into the prize pool (which is a little over 10 million dollars). Owning a compendium gets you a ton of dota 2 digital items that you can probably turn around and sell on the market for a couple bucks. I'm sure some one good at being a dota 2 hat baron could more than make back any cash they spent on a compendium.

All the stretch goals they had for the compendium were almost as bad as star citizens. A million dollars to have some interns poo poo out some hats over the weekend big deal. At least you don't need to own a compendium to watch every single game. It's completely free both from the in game spectate functions and off the myriad of streaming sites and ESPN too I guess.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

gently caress the ROW posted:

lol uh ok, somebody click this and report back, because frankly I'm disgusted this thing is even on. Did you know there are like 30 thousand lovely rear end nerds in one place and wheres the muslims now, when you need them?

It's bad.

edit- Emerging update, still really bad.

edit edit- It's Darude playing mediocre music and dancing like a moron while his hardware fails repeatedly. An improvement.

Harrower fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jul 22, 2014

• Locked thread