Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hermand
Oct 3, 2004

V-Dubbin
I went to NYC on my honeymoon last year. The 9/11 Memorial wasn't finished, but you could go in to the reflecting pools. I was surprised by how much it moved me - scales of disaster are hard to fathom and we don't really have skyscrapers on your scale in the UK, especially out of London.

By far the most touching palace was St Paul's Chapel. I'd never heard of it before and we didn't realise the 9/11 connection, but I've always liked old churches so we went in. That place nearly had me in tears to be honest. I really felt the anger and upset that New York must have felt that day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hermand
Oct 3, 2004

V-Dubbin

Wooten posted:

New York is a terrible place to vacation. I only go there occasionally because of work and because I have some family there, and I hate every minute of it every single time.

Wow, we did about 8 days and I can't wait to have the chance to come back. We absolutely loved it.

• Locked thread