Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

I went to the 9/11 museum the other day and I thought it was really well done. The highlight of my visit was walking by two dudes on a bench inside the part of the museum located on the foundation of one of the towers and one of them is explaining to the other that: "I don't think the 3rd plane hit the pentagon, they never found any pieces of a plane, and everyone says it was a missile." :tinfoil: He actually happened to be sitting 20 feet from a large chunk of fuselage recovered from the pentagon. Has anyone else been and what did you think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

If you haven't noticed we're still dealing with the repercussions of slavery which ended over a hundred years ago.

Yeah, slavery was about as bad as 9/11.

McDowell posted:

How much was the admission? Get anything in the gift shop?

Admission was $21 a person I think. Then you had to walk by a bomb sniffing dog (that happened to be asleep at the time), and walk through an authentic TSA checkpoint. It even had one of those bomb sniffing machines (in case the dog is sleeping). I thought it fit with the theme perfectly. The gift shop was kind of lame. Mostly books about 9/11, american flags, and model fire trucks. There was a pretty awesome "dogs of 9/11" bookmark that I almost bought though.

never trust an elf posted:

I work down the street and drive past it once a week. Never gone inside. What's that unfinished structure that looks like an armadillo skeleton?

No idea what that thing is, but it looked pretty metal with a bunch of guys welding and grinding it with huge sparks flying every where.

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

hermand posted:

I went to NYC on my honeymoon last year. The 9/11 Memorial wasn't finished, but you could go in to the reflecting pools. I was surprised by how much it moved me - scales of disaster are hard to fathom and we don't really have skyscrapers on your scale in the UK, especially out of London.

By far the most touching palace was St Paul's Chapel. I'd never heard of it before and we didn't realise the 9/11 connection, but I've always liked old churches so we went in. That place nearly had me in tears to be honest. I really felt the anger and upset that New York must have felt that day.

New York is a terrible place to vacation. I only go there occasionally because of work and because I have some family there, and I hate every minute of it every single time.

• Locked thread