Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bellmeistr
Jul 2, 2007
I'm pretty excited for this. I just hit hq 20 and have been wondering what to aim for next. The combat definitely needs something more interesting added and hopefully this is it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

S.T.C.A. posted:

Post some bases that you can't break in Scout mode so we can see what troops you're using and give some advice.

When was the last time you played? I haven't seen lopsided matches like that in a veeeerrry long time, but maybe there's a huge spread in the early game that I forgot about.

Ugh installing again. The main problem I had was that you escalate in matchmaking too quickly and there's no real way to drop medals. If you can attack nobody, then the only way to progress is Dr. Terror missions. I think I had to use gems one time to progress my TH level.

I'd say I haven't played in a month. I checked the game midway through that and I only lost like 5 medals from attacks while I as gone.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Now I'm am HQ10 and have barrage, I was wondering if you guys find yourself using it a lot more than the arty shell?

Zila
Jun 21, 2013

vulturesrow posted:

Now I'm am HQ10 and have barrage, I was wondering if you guys find yourself using it a lot more than the arty shell?

I use arty more because barrage is so costly. Starts at 10 and increase by 6 each time. Plus it's finicky because you can't tell if all the middles will hit where you want them to; I can hit the same boom cannon and it might die or might live with a sliver if a missile is off.

It's still good and should be upgraded, you just have to learn how much damage it does compared to arty and learn when you can 1 barrage vs 2 arty a building, or a spot you can hit 2 well with it and finish with arty.

Plus it is useful for clearing mine patches.

It looks like operations will have multiple bases to attack and you can watch others attack live and replays. I think it saves progress on base destruction between each attack but I'm not certain.

How big of a goon task force are we going to do 5/10/25/50?

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
^^^^^^^
what he said. also im definitely going to join a goon task force

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Started playing this on the side and I'm definitely goonin it up

Bellmeistr
Jul 2, 2007
Update inc. S.T.C.A. you want the honors of creating the task force?

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
i just created a taskforce called Goonfleet. feel free to join if u want. started with 25 open spots and will increase it if there's enough interest

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
Just made my request.

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004

Philosopher King posted:

Just made my request.

Ditto. I'm on vacation so I can't do much but hopefully this task force stuff isn't as needing of people as clash.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Nauta posted:

i just created a taskforce called Goonfleet. feel free to join if u want. started with 25 open spots and will increase it if there's enough interest

Awww yeah, invite sent.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Nauta posted:

I applied, I want to help you people.

Putty posted:

Ugh installing again. The main problem I had was that you escalate in matchmaking too quickly and there's no real way to drop medals. If you can attack nobody, then the only way to progress is Dr. Terror missions. I think I had to use gems one time to progress my TH level.

I'd say I haven't played in a month. I checked the game midway through that and I only lost like 5 medals from attacks while I as gone.

Talk to me, I'll sort you out. There are humps you need to watch for, if you get too many trophies early you get hosed.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
A cursory look at the new items, this game will become much more popular now. If you guys have the VP to spare cycle npc bases to get more Intel.

tophet
Oct 28, 2003

Young Orc
Just applied to the goonfleet that had more names I recognized from coc. I haven't played this since it came out so I have. I idea what I'm doing

Tathris
Mar 26, 2010

Applied to join, just don't expect me to be very good at this.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
We need more people, we are doing the clan npc raids and chatting about it in-game :smug:

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Just joined goonfleet, I was about to quit this game because I got too many god drat trophies and am now having trouble upgrading poo poo, but maybe this will help.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Sent request as SA Slim

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

OP updated, if someone wants to help my lazy rear end reword it to be less lovely and/or add new content, go hog wild

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
In. Now to figure out new poo poo.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Can you combine fragments into larger pieces? I thought there was a way to but I haven't found anything. I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything on that.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

I'm in the moment I get a high enough HQ. might be another day or 2 out

Tathris
Mar 26, 2010

vulturesrow posted:

Can you combine fragments into larger pieces? I thought there was a way to but I haven't found anything. I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything on that.

Make a statue, then scrap it. That gives you the next tier up.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
applying as Turgidjim

Manwich
Oct 3, 2002

Grrrrah
Applying to Goonfleet as Manwich.

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

Just applied to join!

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
No base shaming yall this is laid back boom beach not coc tryhard bullshit.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Just enlisted to be a pooper trooper for Goonfleet.

brunch with yr parents
Jan 6, 2013

SWEATBOX SYMPHONY
Just requested as bizlaine.

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out
Applied to goonfleet with my terrible base. Now all my poop games are serious.

psychicattack
Mar 22, 2003

Ask me why I don't punctuate the last sentence of my post
God loving dammit this is the one poopgame I've been lagging on and now I can't join a clan yet :saddowns:

Save room for me.

Zorblack
Oct 8, 2008

And with strange aeons, even death may eat a burrito with goons.
Lipstick Apathy
Applied as Chief Ramrod and got accepted immediately. This is going to be super great.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

psychicattack posted:

God loving dammit this is the one poopgame I've been lagging on and now I can't join a clan yet :saddowns:

Save room for me.

Ditto. Just got into the game and I've got a ways to go before I can join a task force either.

RennZero
Oct 10, 2007

"Get in."
Just applied I goon fleet as well! Hope I make the cut, looks like it is almost full already.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
Applied to join as Jaete. I'm bad at this game but I do have tanks & smoke screen, maybe I'll get better

dihaploidy
Oct 31, 2010

Buglord
Just applied as dihaploidy.

e: Wow that was quick.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
Goonfleet is full now. Time for somebody to fire up a new task force

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer
I see another goonfleet in there with 5 members, is that one of you chuckleheads?

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Thanks to this goonfleet nonsense I've completely cleared my map of NPC bases. Time to upgrade the radar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
These bases are pretty difficult. This clan attack this would be even better if we could team attack a target :aaa:

Game owns, much much better now.

• Locked thread