Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer
I see another goonfleet in there with 5 members, is that one of you chuckleheads?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer
If nobody else is going to do it, I guess I'll create another task force. I'm just having trouble thinking of a good name.

Any suggestions?

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Aaaaand that's perfect. Boat Pirates it is!

The tag is #80UR2J9.

Anyone who applies just mention something SA related so I know you're not some scum sucking pub.

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The Boat Pirates welcome scrubs with open arms!

But on that note, I'm not sure it makes sense to keep splitting ourselves into 2 task forces since there isn't a steady stream of new players joining up.

We're 10 goons strong and Patton's Heroes are 11 strong. Wouldn't it make sense to combine our forces?

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

Grimey Drawer
There are 3 task forces in the OP.

Boat Pirates are chill and we do a few ops a week.

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Check the OP.

Follow your heart.

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Boat Pirates is wet, wild, and ready for new members.

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Member cap does have an effect on the rewards. The higher the number of members, the less the rewards you get for doing the same ops.

The next jump from 25 is the full 50 members so we'll wait until we run out of slots before we bump it up.

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Boat Pirates are hovering at or slightly below 25 members. I've been trying to slowly weed out the inactives (without accidentally kicking people who just play infrequently) to avoid bumping it up to 50. If anyone is planning on taking a long break from playing (or stopping altogether) it would certainly make things easier if y'all could let us know here or in chat.

We stick to the somewhat easier ops and for the most part we get a little over 50% participation in them. Our high levelers kick rear end so it's usually no problem.

I'm in favor of consolidating all the TFs into one or two full of active players.

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

Grimey Drawer
You only have 4 open slots!

e: I can bump Boat Pirates up to 50 if there are any task forces with 25 or fewer people that want to consolidate.

Chubbs fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jul 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Breetai posted:

Is anyone else experiencing a weird bug where the number of alerts near the map icon thing doesn't clear off once you've actually cleared captured villages, viewed battles etc?

I log in, it tells me I have 10 alerts, I navigate to the map and click the alerts button and only two of them are new, lather, rinse, repeat with a slightly higher number next time.

I think they changed it so that it counts another player scouting your base as an alert. In the activity log you'll see a little gray bar with an eye symbol on it. Those pop up every day to tell you how many times you were scouted in the previous 24 hrs.

• Locked thread