Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Instant upgrades do not cost any resources.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I unlocked tanks a couple days ago. They're effective but expensive if one or more gets destroyed. They will roll through any base without much worry if you snipe the cannons with the gun ship. Kinda made the game fun again.

They have so much health that the health pack will never heal them to full. Shock bombs on the snipers and mortars work well enough if my tanks get beat up. They outrange machine guns and flamers.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Probably true, but MGs don't do poo poo to them. Beyond the obvious cannon and boom cannon the only thing I worry about is snipers. Mortars can add up too.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Tanks are a huge upgrade. I've retaken all my resource bases without losing a tank, and can roll (slowly) through the under level 20 players on my map. The only downside is they are very expensive, meaning if I do lose one on an attack then its likely a loss. Looking forward to getting medics.

I've been trading a wood resource base with a player for a few weeks now, and its amazing how bad he is. It has a rocket for defense, and he's lost scores of zookas by flaring his heavies into the minimum range of it. :downs:

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Any advice? I have level one tanks currently. Warriors maybe? I don't have smoke yet.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I used 5 tanks to take that missile resource base. It went smoothly; I may have lost a tank.

I hit level 27 but I don't have anywhere near the amount of resources to upgrade my HQ. I even lacked the wood storage. So I upgraded that. I will probably just gem it, but I think I'll take a break for a day and let my collectors gather some of it.

I need to upgrade my landing craft so I can put 3 warriors on each. Until then tanks are a lot of fun.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Its easy resources too. And of course it increases ones gold income.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I have my base right up against the docks. Stops flanks from that side. But I still get beat by tanks. Most attacks come straight from the beach. Personally, I flank to whatever side has the weakest defense, where I can use my gunboat to clear one or two cannons and let my tanks take the rest.

People who segregate their economy buildings are easy to roll through. So much extra energy!

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Interesting.

I love hordes of riflemen. I used them quite a bit. Sometimes with heavies, more more often just all rifles.

(before I got tanks)

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Sometimes I change my army based on what I see still. Often I change it after a failed attack.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
68 riflemen is hilarious.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I built my first masterpiece statue. Green with +23% resource bonus for all resources. I scrapped my +8% gunboat energy statue for it.

Still having fun with 68 riflemen. They're great for almost everything. I suffer d-day like losses when attacking player bases, about 50% casualties. But even then it's only 12k and 6 minutes to refill my landing craft. There are a few bases where I'd prefer tanks or warriors. I just lost a resource base that has 3 flamers and 3 machine guns, which would be doable with tanks easily, and warriors with shock bombs. I might try it with riflemen because for the lulz and the cost of failure is low.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
They're a deterrent. You either have to waste gunboat energy to shell them or try to go around them. Or ignore them if you are swarming with riflemen.

I have hid them behind snipers too. It's a gimmick that rarely mattered. Mine are currently on the left and right flank. Exposed.

Just keep them, and all mines, away from structures that are commonly shelled, like the boom cannon and rocket launcher.

Nothing will stop all raids. When I am raided its by a player who is higher level with higher level troops.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Zookas move slower than riflemen, it will create problems. Save your gold, go all riflemen.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/219660-yesup-s-Ultimate-Guide-to-Power-Stones-and-Statues

All the words you need about statues.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I barely play, but I am stuck. I have the levels to unlock the HQ level for medic, but no where near enough resources or gems to do it.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Thanks JM! I just cleared all my bases last night too. :qqsay:

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
We're full, but check the thread for the other goon squad.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
This update is dumb. It got me more interested in playing, but the respawn rate is so low that I don't have anything to attack. Just player bases that I can't beat until I unlock medics, and Hammerman 35.

I took a stab at Hammerman 35 with warriors and they all died. 40k gold in troops lost to a base that has a reward of 75k gold.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/435568-Feedback-Status-Update

They posted a response to the player feedback.

For instance, I am at radar level 12. The max number of bases for a fully explored map is 18. I currently have 17 player bases. 20 if I include resource bases (not sure if they count). I also have two unexplored areas, which probably do count towards my cap (since I haven't had an invasion since I cleared the npc maps a few days ago).

So I guess I just have to skip the bases I can't tackle until I get ones I can clear until I can get below 18 bases, then I will see respawns.

I also still have Hammerman 35, which may or may not count towards the cap.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Good? Bad? What would you change?

Edited for you babies living in the last century.

waffles beyond waffles fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Oct 31, 2014

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

PJOmega posted:

I'm level 17, HQ level 8 (so 4 boats w/9 cap each, no smoke screen), and getting paired against level 23+ enemies and utterly unable to take bases.

Any recommendations? I'm tired of throwing my face into attacks that end up costing me 5k to recover from.

You can skip a base after a few days. Matchmaking sucks, and you will have this problem continually.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

vulturesrow posted:

That's a good post Zila. I'd only add don't underestimate the power of mass riflemen. The best part about them is that they are cheap and fast to replace and with good flare usage you can take stuff down pretty fast. For normal map clearing that is my most used troop comp. They tank for zookas surprisingly well also.

All riflemen is my favorite. So cheap and versatile. I might lose 50 troops, but the 30 left standing are more than enough to destroy the HQ.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Did you flare up to the RLs? Flare up above #2, use a shock on 3-5. Might have to wait for higher level tanks or medics

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Through diamonds, raiding, and OPs I finally have 4 LCs that can hold two tanks and 2 LCs that can hold 3 medics. I guess I need more gunboat energy now to deal with the cannons.

Tanks are great, but slow. I actually ran out of time attacking a player base. Too much time killing his buildings for gbe.

Any tips for tank/medic?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I clear everything for the shot at intel. I can't be the only one. And if enough people do it, then you will still be in the same VP range for your level as everyone else.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Putty posted:

same guy

Who called?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
"Sorry I hung up on you, Mom. I had to make a shitpost." - Guh

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

RVT posted:

What troop levels does Tmed become viable?

I find gun boat energy to be critically important. I now have three GBE statues, which will let me artillery/barrage a boom cannon and two other cannons. Then I just look for bases that will let me get to the HQ under those circumstances.

You can shock/flare normal cannons if necessary as well. Boom cannons will one shot tanks, which is an expensive and lengthy downtime, thus must be avoided by any means.

The attacking is my favorite part. Scouting to figure out the ranges of deadly defenses, then using flares to avoid them, is a puzzle. I love puzzles.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I rolled a 16% RR statue, but I'm not sure what to replace. I have mostly offensive statues, three GBE, two troop damage, and one troop health. The only one not offensively oriented is a 15% building health statue.

Any suggestions?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Putty posted:

Here's a video that showcases them, they're pretty drat powerful fromwhat I'm seeing here.

Heh. Was expecting goatman.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
This base accurately represents how I feel about Guh.

Level 1 HQ. I barraged it dead. :getin: JUST LIKE OUR LOVE, GUH

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Root your phone and install SCR Pro, record as you play.

If you have Lollipop, I believe that the latest version of SCR doesn't even need root, but can't record in game sounds (just microphone input).

If you are on iOS, get hosed!

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

nightwisher posted:

Wow, Scorcher has 25,000 HP, 21 unit supply and 350 DPS. Which to me sounds like shock launchers become even more the number one priority to kill off in a raid/operation. I wonder how ridiculous they'll be with massive hp and damage statues pumping it.

The tank change still won't get me to use them very much, if warrior sniping ever stops working for me then maybe I'd give them a look at.

Pretty sure the tank changes are a nerf. Opting to start using a troop only after its nerfed isn't a normal thing someone does.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Well my tanks are not one-shotted by OP cannons anymore. I guess that's an improvement.

waffles beyond waffles fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Feb 5, 2015

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Boom Beach | Daddy and Goliath raids | Boom Beach ALL attack base: http://youtu.be/RthsU2S-2m4

Looks like it's time to start over.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I started an alt account following Daddy's no-defense strategy. Its fun rolling noobs. I failed spectacularly against Hammerman 10, but took my 1 rifleman and 2 zookas and destroyed a level 10 base by destroying the defenses covering the HQ with artillery since they were touching. I wish I could see his face when he watches the replay.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Focus on offense, ignore defense. I spent maybe two months upgrading turrets during a time when I wasn't really playing much. I still get raided just as much. The gems are nice tho.

Riflemen + Grenadiers = Rifleiers? Grenadmen? Whatever, it's a lot of fun.

They are particularly good (perhaps only good) against bases that have snipers behind other buildings, like storages or short-range turrets. Since they outrange everything except RLs, Snipers and Boom Cannons, they're pretty great against most bases where all the buildings are 1-2 spaces apart.

I send in 6 Grenadiers to soften up the defenses after I barrage and artillery the RLs and SC. Any other GBE I use to finish off Snipers or mortars or support the rifle rush. Once the Grenadiers have cleared a path to the HQ I send in ~90 Riflemen and use flares to keep them focused. I don't target specific structures except the HQ, but instead I just try to keep the mob of Riflemen together in a swarm.

Tmed is still the best for zero downtime, but this is a fun alternative with about 15 minutes of downtime if you don't lose a grenadier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Summit posted:

The real answer is to stop caring about base defense. Make offensive upgrades a priority so you can raid more effectively. Save raids for when you need the resources so your stores are always too low for anyone to bother with. The best defense is having nothing to steal.

I build my new defenses and level them up during periods of relative inactivity. They're so inexpensive relative to my big upgrades I can do them quite easily from just collectors or clearing out NPC bases. While you can also totally ignore defenses, if you are doing a hybrid offense/defense, that third Boom Cannon and Shock Launcher are pretty drat sweet.

• Locked thread