Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

Anderron Shi posted:

So, which of the goon clans is most active currently? I'm in a pretty terrible pubbie task force, and we haven't had an op in nearly 5 days.

Can't speak for the others, but Boat Pirates does an op every 2-3 days when we have enough intel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

S.T.C.A. posted:

My base crushed hammerman in one shot, tho the ai was extra-dumb.

Yeah, same here. It helps that the AI doesn't use the gunboat, otherwise it'd be basically impossible. As it was, he didn't really make any progress (TH19, all defenses leveled up reasonably high including L5 shock launcher).

If you care enough to rearrange your base just for the event, it's probably best to just clump most of your defenses near the front, as he doesn't use any gunboat abilities like shock or barrage.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Reik posted:

Goonfleet is the best task force.

Non-Goonfleet task forces, how many active members are you guys rocking? We might be getting to the point where a task force consolidation would be best.

Boat Pirates has 24 members, though we've averaged 12-13 attacks in our most recent ops (both complete and incomplete).

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Reik posted:

Level 9 landing craft aren't that great. 13 Is a prime number so it only helps with riflemen. You really want all your LC to be level 8 so you can fit 3 heavies or 6 zookas in there though.

I assume ShootaBoy meant getting a new craft, not a new level for his existing crafts.

Level 9 HQ is cheap (only 81k wood and 18k stone) so I'd say raid for what you can and gem the rest. New landing crafts are one of the best upgrades you can get.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Rather than try to squeeze lots of people from two smaller groups into a few slots in Goonfleet, Boat Pirates has expanded from 25 slots to 50. Anyone is welcome to come over, and we should be able to merge both smaller groups into one large, active one.

• Locked thread