Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PJOmega
May 5, 2009
I'm level 17, HQ level 8 (so 4 boats w/9 cap each, no smoke screen), and getting paired against level 23+ enemies and utterly unable to take bases.

Any recommendations? I'm tired of throwing my face into attacks that end up costing me 5k to recover from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

From what I can tell, stash gold in a research you intend to cancel (50% loss but untouchable), cycle your map so you'll have tons of gold payout, then Friday couple dr terror missions with pvp rewards and canceling the research to afford the insanely expensive upgrade you actually want.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Lazy_Liberal posted:

Any task force besides goon fleet? Or maybe there's an inactive who can be kicked? I just gained the ability to join :)

4th paragraph of the OP.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

LAY-ZX posted:

uh

uh...?

uh

Well, thanks for the free Steamroller achievement I guess

Dropping medals.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
I'm level 27 at 220 VP and I get paired against level 39s. Raiding has stopped pretty much, so I'll be stockpiling resources so that I am raided to drop down.

It's all dependent on your VPs comparative to your level.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

gromdul posted:

I rolled a 16% RR statue, but I'm not sure what to replace. I have mostly offensive statues, three GBE, two troop damage, and one troop health. The only one not offensively oriented is a 15% building health statue.

Any suggestions?

That's a pretty middling RR statue. Maybe one of the GBEs?

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Yeah, the ice statues are a bit much.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

mephology posted:

This game is fairly entertaining, however, it is pretty stupid the opponents that it matches you against. As rank20, the NPCs i face are rank10-12, the people I face are 35+. NPCs are killed with zero effort outside of the rare doctor and that boss dude. If I dismiss a player who has been around to long, I get someone much higher in rank. So the best strategy is to save the player characters for a long while until I am ready to face them. Keeps me from playing more than 5 min a day because there is literally nothing todo but waste gold on troops trying bases I cannot beat.

For now focus on leveling your units. I agree matchmaking is stupid, I was trapped in the same duldrums. At least now I'm only hitting +5-7 levels instead of +6-10.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Medkits feel underwhelming. Every other upgrade goes up by a % of the previous level, making their growth seem more substantial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

nightwisher posted:

Hooray, my first perfect rolled masterpiece statue!...

...Is an iron production statue.

There there, it could be worse. It could be an iron production statue.

Oh.

• Locked thread