Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Enemy Protocol Unknown

Go absolutely nuts spending diamonds, but if you haven't hit HQ 10 yet try to save around 150 diamonds to buy missing resources for the HQ upgrades. HQ 5>6 needs stone but you don't get a quarry until after you upgrade, and you need stone to build the stone storage high enough to even hold the quantity required to upgrade your HQ. ~40 diamonds will buy you the missing resources. HQ 9>10 needs iron, and again you don't get a mine until after the upgrade and your storage is insufficient to hold the quantity required for the HQ upgrade. This one costs around 80 diamonds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Enemy Protocol Unknown

I think the resource bases have a preset layout until a player captures them and rearranges the defenses. When I was taking that base I just used warriors, I dropped artillery on the machine guns near the HQ and let the warriors run up the right hand side taking out all the rockets until only the bottom left one remained, then they wailed on the HQ while tanking the last barrage.

Ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Enemy Protocol Unknown

Absolutely none of their defenses cover the back of their HQ. Deploy all your troops on the far left side of the beach then walk them around behind the HQ by flaring the top corner of the jungle, then the middle right.

Ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Enemy Protocol Unknown

Post a screenshot of your base and we can make some suggestions of what to do. I can't remember what you have at HQ9 so I can't recommend anything offhand.

Ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Enemy Protocol Unknown

I'd probably timg that screenshot, but that's just me.

Ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Enemy Protocol Unknown

You're in the slums as far as farming goes, so if it's working for you then go nuts. Once you get past hq15 I found massing resource reward statues and going heavy on offence let me get resources for the big upgrades in one short raiding session. Certainly faster at that point than relying on passive income.

Ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Enemy Protocol Unknown

Yeah, you can reroll resource bases after a while. Gets you a completely new set of defenses most of the time as well.

Ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Enemy Protocol Unknown

Probably in an attempt to get better op rewards. Not sure if it's been confirmed but the suspicion is that if a 25 cap fleet and a 50 cap fleet do the same operation they both get the same bases (ie there's no difficulty scaling) but the 25 cap fleet will get better rewards to compensate for the relative difficulty of doing an op with half the peeps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Enemy Protocol Unknown

One of the new events is a mini op base that spawns on your map. poo poo's bonkers though, towers are boosted to insane levels and there's a couple of new weapons including one called the doom cannon that does 3000dps before boosts.

E: you get multiple attacks, I've been given three tries on this thing but I'm not sure if it'll give you more or less.

E2: phone posting

Ephphatha fucked around with this message at May 8, 2015 around 03:54

• Locked thread