Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

guess ill join goons in this loving game too.... look out for my invite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

So my strategy has been to make all life statues, stay low honor points and own as many resource base as possible. Staying low level will make it harder for people to take over resource base and also people from destroying hq. Is this a good strategy? I'm hq13 and half my shot is fully upgraded. I wait to upgrade hq after everything else is explored or upgraded

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

Ephphatha posted:

You're in the slums as far as farming goes, so if it's working for you then go nuts. Once you get past hq15 I found massing resource reward statues and going heavy on offence let me get resources for the big upgrades in one short raiding session. Certainly faster at that point than relying on passive income.

Good point. I know at some point I'm going to have to cut my teeth on stealing poo poo from scrubs. Seems like lvl 15 is that magic number for that

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

mephology posted:

The game is really loving terrible between th12 and th15. It slows down so much between those two places. Save all the statue powder you get until much later in the game (post hq15). Logging in and checking the map a few times to the day got me to about 800 gems which allowed me to say gently caress it and spend them all on hq15 which was a good move. Now a few weeks later back up to 200 free gems. Also, I do no think the OP and VP boats stack, so collect those before the next one will show. Additionally the boats from the villages cap out on resources which I did not realize (I think it is like 12-24 hours) so collect them relatively often.

right now im just trying to figure out to defend against the bomb dudes.. their range is redic and seem way to OP. wonder if i need to put everything on beach to over power them

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

Putty posted:

imo i dont even pay attention to raids anymore

Their ok. Just gives something else to do while trying to take a poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

Dimix posted:

You're going to get mowed down the majority of the time. What you want to do is maximize the amount of gems you get from killing units.

I just got mowed down by an all rifle army and really put a lot of thought into base design... Seems like your wisdom holds true.

• Locked thread