Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
Just hit HQ13 today.

Not in screen but my LC are 14/12/12/10/10/8
Combined: 18% TD, 9% TH, 11% GE

If I saw my base come up, I'd attack it. It's not a good base.

I focused on my armory and econ building almost exclusively until maybe HQ10 when people with tanks started attacking me. My defenses are still terrible but they were much worse. What you see in the screenshot is what I've gotten to with pretty much nonstop defense upgrading with breaks only to increase storage to level my HQ.

Loving the hell out of the game. It's a lot more laid back than clash of clans and the give you diamonds at a nice rate. I haven't spent any money and I rarely rush anything so I'm sitting on a nice pile of diamonds. My biggest diamond expenditure was to rush a barrage upgrade by 2.5 hours (30-40ish diamonds) because I was sitting on 700k gold and didn't want to risk losing it. Other than that I see anything over 15-20 as not worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
If you're going by my name and not the look of my base, you very well could have! I've changed the layout of my base to the ever popular corner base.

What's your name? I hope you aren't the 31 that beat me with 6 tanks. That one stung because my base has beaten better comps than that. He just played better.

I don't get attacked too often because it seems that there is a connection between how much you attack and how often you show up to other people. I pushed through to hq15 recently and I got 12 separate people scouting my base the next day while I normally average 3.

Since I got my raiding resource masterpiece statue I've been feeling alot better about raiding. Prior to that I rarely found any bases worth it. 54% more resources changed that.

Currently working on upgrading my new hq15 stuff then I really need to upgrade my awful LC. They are 15/13/12/12/12/12 at the moment.

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
Why 14 on the sniper towers? Is that the biggest bang for your buck?

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
That makes sense. I guess I could do that next. For the most part I did my defense based on health and what I figured the average person around my level would have for artillery. If they could take it out in 2 art I upgraded until they couldn't.

Stopped my defense upgrading to finally get 6 16 lc and almost done with that.

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004

S.T.C.A. posted:

I'd say I jinxed myself but I know that I put a big ol' target on my base when I farmed up 1.5+ million wood and stone for my 8th statue slot; I've been raided more and harder than ever before.

I think I'm going to switch to an aggressive defense layout, with stuff right on the beach edge so that people cannot flank without eating fire from overlapping fields of fire.

Make sure there's no opening to smoke bomb through. Was able to get tanks through one of those types of bases because mines were poorly placed and only had to take out 2 cannons. I managed to get behind everything to the treasure trove of energy which I then used to clear out anything that could hit my tanks while they shot the hq.

Once your done throw up a screenshot

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004

Philosopher King posted:

Just made my request.

Ditto. I'm on vacation so I can't do much but hopefully this task force stuff isn't as needing of people as clash.

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004

Pr0phecy posted:

This game blows dick now.

I don't know how much I need to write to make this a non-poo poo post, but the game went from having fun via progressing by stomping inefficient bases & pinjata-style plentiful loot Dr. Terrors, to grinding mission style player bases for minimal gains, and all Dr.Terror enemy defensive emplacements HP modified by 10x for even less resources.

What a world we live in, where games have become more tedious than work.

I'm gonna guess that SC is gonna give this a few weeks to see if they get their desired results. I can only assume they want the changes to force more pvp raids which will cause the avaliable loot to go back up to where it used to be.

It would be nice if they had staggered these changes instead of throwing 3 big economy changes at us at once.

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
Get as high as you can then get the remaining with diamonds. This will happen again with iron.

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
That was a lot of gems. Like jm said, don't worry about defense. Best you can hope for is deterring people to hold off their attack which your building health mp should do nicely.

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
I noticed that the sub dive locations take a big leap around radar level 15. I was doing fine with 900 or 1k meters then the deepest became 1300.

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
Try the same strategy but with riflemen. Shock the flamethrower and tower to get through, focus the mg and mortar then everything else aoe should be out of range.

Also should let us know how much gunboat energy you have.

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
You can look at a base a few ways, you want to figure out what type of damage you can avoid the easiest.

If you can avoid alot of the aoe damage then do a rifleman rush.

If you can avoid alot of single target damage do hooka.

Once you get tanks and medics you have alot more options. Once I got them I let my hooka levels slip and I can only do riflemen and tmed reliably now.

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
Definitely don't let that base slip, that's a good amount of resources at your level.

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
You're going to get mowed down the majority of the time. What you want to do is maximize the amount of gems you get from killing units.

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004

RVT posted:

Think you get 1-2 of each that are free and never get attacked.

This plus with low level bases you're more likely to get paired with someone that will quit and give you a free uncontested base.

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004

Chubbs posted:

Member cap does have an effect on the rewards. The higher the number of members, the less the rewards you get for doing the same ops.

The next jump from 25 is the full 50 members so we'll wait until we run out of slots before we bump it up.

I always thought that the rewards were the same, only the amount of poo poo on the maps changed.

Goonfleet is 50 and when we clear sour grapes I get about 1.1 million gold at level 47

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
Game needs to allow saving base layouts since what works on idiot ai won't work on people.

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004

Petah posted:

I didn't get Hammerman because I didn't but that new defense building, but I hear that Hammerman is crazy difficult.

I've been playing this game for a few months now at level 38 and my TF does pretty well. Our 25 man clears Mambo about 5-6 times a week. We do have a few really incompetent members and it's starting to get annoying so I was looking up goonfleet. How many times do you beat sour grapes in a week?

We beat sour grapes about that often. The limit is getting the Intel to start it.

I'm sure someone can make room for you but we have our own share of problems as well. Namely we are lucky if half of the people attack during a tf. So who knows if you'll be happier or not.

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
Not as bad as jm but I'll make ice statues eventually.

http://imgur.com/6n96DNG

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
Someone should try and merge the groups.

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
Goonfleet is being more aggressive regarding kicking inactives. I think we have 4 spots open and could potentially make many more.

If you accidentally get kicked we will get you back in asap.

Let's try and get all the groups together. I doubt any of us have very good tf participation.

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004

b0ng posted:

I'm a few hours away from HQ6, 2legit and Goonfleet both have open slots which one would I better for since I'm so new?

Can't speak for legit but goonfleet will take anything. A low level player is better than one that doesn't attack at all.

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
He means bottleneck which we finish maybe half the time and average maybe 35 attacks.

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
Ok my bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
I don't recall ever seeing them go on sale.

• Locked thread