Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paracetamol
Jun 13, 2005
This space intentionally left blank
I'm William in game. I've been bucking the popular method of rushing HQ upgrades, simply because I derive more fun out of my playstyle, which in the end is what this is all about. I acknowledge that yes, in most cases HQ rushing is the optimal way to play and that there are minimal downsides to it.

My main thing is that this game is a poopbreak game. I pop on, raid 2-5 bases in a row, and upgrade what I can when I can - including all armory upgrades (even mines). I cbf sitting there raiding until I get all of resources required for the next HQ upgrade.

The end result is that I get a diverse range of attacking styles - I can successfully do warrior rushes, rifle rushes, hooka, tmed, rifle-med, you name it. It's fun being able to change it up, I get far too bored playing the one attacking play. I also have solid defences. I'll get scouted a large number of times each day, get a lot of probing attacks, and very rarely (less than once a day) there will be a successful attack. It's hilarious watching people wipe again and again on my base because they neglect my high level snipers (tmed), or my FTs (warrior rushes), or my cannons (hooka). Most attacks either waste all their GBE on my max BCs or RLs, and then they get poo poo on by everything left in my base. I love it. The only attacks that do make it through are when I'm upgrading a cannon, or on Dr Terror days when a lot of people boost their GBE or TD/TH statues, and even then they get gently caress all resources (of the people who do Attack successfully).

I know that once I get HQ17 I'll have a massive defensive spike as I get my SL and third BC. But that'll happen when I've either got nothing else left to upgrade or I get a lucky streak of 4-5 200k plus attacks in a row. I'm having far too much fun with people underestimating my base and watching them fail.

Anyway, that's my story. Not rushing HQ can work for certain play styles. Play the game the way that is most fun for you and that suits your playstyle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracetamol
Jun 13, 2005
Someone spent a lot of money ..

Paracetamol
Jun 13, 2005
That's at least a HQ17 base (you get shock launcher at 17) with no defenses except RLs and two sniper towers. He had all L16 LC, and a high level sculptor (7 statues). He most likely gemmed his way to that stage

Paracetamol
Jun 13, 2005
520+ is 5 crystals

• Locked thread