Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ausgezeichnet
Sep 18, 2005

In my country this is definitely not offensive!
Nap Ghost

PaintVagrant posted:

So I found a local who is parting out a 2000 540i. Going to grab the oil pan for 25 bux, thinking about grabbing some other cheap spares. Any ideas what I should grab, thinking about taking the coils, maybe the fan clutch.

CD changer. Maybe the fan shroud, since they're usually as brittle as the rest of the GDCS and you might mess yours up. Cats, depending on how many miles are on the donor car. Mine started getting plugged at about 80K miles - just after I sold it to somebody else. :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ausgezeichnet
Sep 18, 2005

In my country this is definitely not offensive!
Nap Ghost

PaintVagrant posted:

Just replaced the fan shroud! Going to see if the guy has any stock wheels and tires for cheap while I am there. Good advice on the cats.

Interior door handles? They're not too expensive, but they break themselves - and your heart - with annoying frequency. Definitely check on the wheels. I had the stock 16's on mine and would have been really happy with 17's. At worst, you can have a set of 16's for snows (if it sees snow). Business CD if it has one - they're worth a bunch on eBay.

How are your displays? Loss of pixels?

• Locked thread