Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i would like to die, again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i see that i have good perserverance. i should serve you well on your journey

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

what the gently caress. dragons are totally weak against ice. what did you do to me.

edit: oh you mean ice types aren't resistant to dragons. nm sorry for failing you

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

im excited to see how many will accidently die in the pre-elite 4 grind. this game is good but the level-scaling is busted as hell and its gonna hurt sooner or later

then again you have a shiny ho-oh so that might just solve everything

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

the first elite 4 guy is a dude named Will.

congrats on your victory, new champion. you lost some powerful allies in that last battle, but i can tell their sacrifices won't be in vain.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

basically if they change anything major they lose the ability to let people bring their old pokemon forward, and that's a huge part of the appeal for a lot of people.

like say someone wants to transfer their nidoran m into the new game where nidoran m and nidoran f have been combined into a single pokemon, nidoran. how is the game supposed to handle its stats and moveset when they were different before. also it messes up the pokedex, which would probably lead to a bunch of weird glitches because that's what happens, and imagine the outrage when the original 150 becomes 149 instead.

gen 6 introduced a new pokemon that is kind of similar to the nidoran line but it isn't hosed up. espurr evolves into meowstic, which looks different and has different movesets and abilities depending on gender, but is still considered to be the same pokemon (it's also super cute imo).

anyway i guess what i'm trying to say is that i don't know why they are still separate.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

to this day there are people pissed that they can't port their gen 1/gen 2 pokemon to gen 3 and up and i imagine nintendo really doesn't want to deal with that again 4 gens into first split. this is also why we keep getting new and weirder evolution methods for old pokemon to justify the pokemon not being able to evolve before.

the really hosed up thing about mr. mime is that when it got a pre-evolution in gen 4 they kept that dumb naming scheme so it became mime jr. as if that makes any sense for a pokemon to be named. they knew better at this point and they did it anyway. they're dumb pokemon anyway though so who cares.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

also it's probably worth noting that even when the change would be incredibly minor they take forever to fix it anyway. faint attack was introduced in gen 2 and it wasn't until 13 years later with the release of x & y that they finally fixed its name to be feint attack. i think there were a couple other names that were fixed in x & y but i don't remember them offhand. feraligatr is still that instead of feraligator though.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Widestancer posted:

I evolved awesome!

Is Porygons evolution any good?

it's pretty good but it gets even better the next time it evolves, its special attack goes through the roof and becomes a lot faster.

soral what ability does that porygon2 have? if it has trace then it'll change to adaptability when it evolves, which'll make its tri attacks and hyper beams do insane damage

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

oh right, forgot about that. i just sort of figured the randomizer let all trade evolutions evolve by level, but i guess it would still need the item. well nm then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

rip everyone who died so you could carry on. you will not be forgotten

• Locked thread