Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Hi ive been busy this week so I haven't finished mine but I'll post in your lame knock-off thread what up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Wormskull posted:

It's Gloom.

It's Bellossom

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Fandyien posted:

hey i have some questions about pokemon, i'm playing sapphire. i haven't played a pokemon game since i was a kid.

1. what does it mean to have a pokemon holding a berry/item
2. do you still want one of every type in your team
3. are the original 150 capturable in sapphire? i know trainers have them i just beat the first gym and it was all geodudes.
4. what pokemon should i keep my eyes out for and what is a good lineup for someone who just wants to beat the game and get the secret ones and isn't mega intense about stats like everyone online? right now i've got a mudkip, a taillow, a makuhita, a zigzagoon, and a ralts as well as a shroomish in the bank.

1. items and berries have different effects in battle, berries automatically activate (eg oran berry restores health once when you are under half, and then that uses up the berry) and some items have passive effects (eg a Miracle Seed will boost your grass type attacks). Other items, like potions, can't be used by having your pokemon hold them, so its pointless to have them hold them
2. Not necessarily "one of every type" but you definitely want a well-rounded team for the most part, so having a diverse number of types is good. Just check the type of whatever gym is in town and make sure you have something good against it
4. Not all of them, but there are quite a few of the originals in sapphire
4. All those guys are pretty good for in-game. It would be a good idea to have something that can deal with water types easily, because the second half of the game has a lot of trainers with water types

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Doctor Goat posted:

what happened to ho-oh's full revive incense thing

that goes against the nuzlocke rules

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Mr. Mime fuckin owns

• Locked thread