Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Honj Steak posted:

Telekom conspiracy to maximise ad revenue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Guardiola: "Lewandowski is a brutal player" :eyepop:

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

Katana Gomai posted:

When the hell did Fährmann become good? I didn't notice him at all last season.

Seriously? He's never been bad and he was really good the whole Rückrunde. Wouldn't necessarily have expected him to place 2nd, but you can't take these rankings very seriously anyway. They take average grades into account and those are kinda problematic, especially for keepers. "He saved everything he could, didn't make a single mistake, but didn't have a lot to do. C."

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Lewandowski already with 2 goals.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
The official stream is here http://www.telekomfussball.de/telekom-cup-2014-livestream/id_70375166/index in case anyone wants to watch it, but it won't work outside of Germany

e: just realized it's the same transmission from Sat.1 duh

advanced statsman fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jul 27, 2014

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Scholl, Gaudino and Schweinsteiger now playing for Bayern. :smug:

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tru__Q_oOvg

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Seems like Valon Behrami is set to sign for HSV. About €4.5 Mio in transfer seems about right.

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

:toxx: time!

For the point difference between Werder and first-place team, multiply that number by 12 and probate me for that many hours. If this number is 0, that means Werder have won the league at which point I would like a custom title of "WERDER PLASTIC - MILLIARDEN JAHRE GRÜN-WEIß"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
gently caress it, I'll toxx as well. Taking my inspiration from Katana Gomai, probate me for one week every time Greuther beat us and ban me if they finish the season ahead of us. :toxx:

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

frankenfreak posted:

gently caress it, I'll toxx as well. Taking my inspiration from Katana Gomai, probate me for one week every time Greuther beat us and ban me if they finish the season ahead of us. :toxx:

Don't worry man...we're in this together. :rip:

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
I'll jump on the :toxx: train as well. Probate me for a week if HSV does NOT sack Mirko Slomka before January.

MuLepton
Apr 1, 2011

It's kind of a long story.
Well, :toxx: time it is then. Probate me for one week each time Dortmund beats Bayern plus one additional day for each goal they score more in that match.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

quote:

Why you should hate them: Berlin. Their fans are an aggressive bunch prone to demolishing their own stadium.

:colbert:

I never heard of this before.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Enigma89 posted:

:colbert:

I never heard of this before.

Maybe you would have if you were German.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Dunban posted:

Maybe you would have if you were German.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
In the season when Berlin got relegated a few years ago their fans did some really nasty stuff and also aside from that you quite often hear about violent Hertha supporters.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Self-hating Hertha supporter here, I'll allow that description. It's not a regular occurrence but it's an occurrence. Tbh I don't like the Ostkurve very much either.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

No one likes the east tbh

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I'm a big fan of all the loving hansa rostock graffiti in the town I live in, personally.

God the east is retarded.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

If any of you ever take the RE1 between Berlin and Magdeburg, pay attention to the graffiti along the way. For the longest time I thought it was exclusively FC Union in Brandenburg and then exclusively 1. FCM in Sachsen-Anhalt. Like, you could tell which state you were in based on the graffiti. But then I was hanging around Brandenburg/Havel main station the other day, as is my wont, and spotted a huge amount of Magdeburg tags. At first I was impressed ("wow, how daring") but then I realized how completely retarded all of it was. Way to have a graffiti turf war about turf that is 100% pines and sand and 0 people.

Also the other day I discovered that Madgeburg supporters apparently have special stickers that say "1. FCM - HARZ" on them, which they then plaster around towns in the Harz. I guess when you've won a European Cup you start getting ambitious.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I love football graffiti.

There's a ton of gently caress ST PAULI and poo poo like that all over the goddamn place up here but rostock is in the 3rd liga right now and will probably stay there so the teams basically never play each other.

I guess it's probably just mad skinheads.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Yeah the Magdeburg situation is definitely weird as there is an absurdly massive gap between the expectations of the supporters (who are still dreaming of winning the European Cup) and the harsh reality of 4th division and a rapidly shrinking city.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Yeah, that's basically every east german city that ever won anything: Magdeburg, Jena, Dresden, Leipzig (lmao) etc all trying to reach back to the glory days.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Honj Steak posted:

In the season when Berlin got relegated a few years ago their fans did some really nasty stuff and also aside from that you quite often hear about violent Hertha supporters.

I was in Berlin when they got relegated.

Then again I was in Mitte and people don't watch sports there.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Enigma89 posted:

I was in Berlin when they got relegated.

Then again I was in Mitte and people don't watch sports there.

Also you're not german so you probably just didn't see or understand what was happening.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

drat you guys are cold. I will be putting a link to my birth certificate in my sig to prevent that kind of bullying.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

hopterque posted:

Also you're not german so you probably just didn't see or understand what was happening.

Papieren Bitte?

Nationality is just a formality, I try to move to a different country every year or so. But if it is an consolation I am planning on buying an apartment in Berlin so gently caress off.

Enigma89 fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Aug 1, 2014

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Enigma89 posted:

Papieren Bitte?

Nationality is just a formality, I try to move to a different country every year or so. But if it is an consolation I am planning on buying an apartment in Berlin so gently caress off.

You barely speak German, lmao. Most people move around a lot in Europe, that doesn't mean they identify with the nationality of the country they spent their erasmus semester in.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Enigma89 posted:

Papieren Bitte?

You can't even write that correctly, poo poo.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Enigma89 posted:

Papieren Bitte?

I don't get why you get so much more hostility for having actually lived in Germany and supporting a mid-table club (at the most), compared to Danish Barca plastics.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Magical Beiersdorfer. According to MoPo he have signed Behrami for not €10M, not €5M or €4,5M - but €3,5M!

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

wtf the German U19 won the EURO and I didn't hear about it until now. Hooray I guess, we even sent two players there!

:siren:There is football tonight!:siren: Die Beste 2. Liga Aller Zeiten starts at 20:30 with a cracker of a match: Düsseldorf - Braunschweig. :newlol:

*edit: Also, get those :toxx:es in, I'll tally them up soon and page a mod to give his seal of (dis)approval.

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Aug 1, 2014

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
gently caress yeah, 2. liga here we go.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Katana Gomai posted:

:siren:There is football tonight!:siren: Die Beste 2. Liga Aller Zeiten starts at 20:30 with a cracker of a match: Düsseldorf - Braunschweig. :newlol:
It better be or lecker, lecker Altbier will be the only thing justifying my trip to Düsseldorf tonight.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

frankenfreak posted:

It better be or lecker, lecker Altbier will be the only thing justifying my trip to Düsseldorf tonight.

Just do yourself a favor and drive right past Düsseldorf straight to Cologne.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Katana Gomai posted:

*edit: Also, get those :toxx:es in, I'll tally them up soon and page a mod to give his seal of (dis)approval.

You guys will have to remind me of this when they become relevant, so put them in the OP or otherwise have them handy. I'll approve em!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Katana Gomai posted:

Just do yourself a favor and drive right past Düsseldorf straight to Cologne.
But that would leave without beer. :haw:

You heard GD. So if you compile a list, I'll put it or a link to it into the OP.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

hopterque posted:

You can't even write that correctly, poo poo.

It's a common joke phrase not an actual statement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Enigma89 posted:

It's a common joke phrase not an actual statement.

joke's on you, it's not properly written anyway, idiot b*tch

• Locked thread