Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Total Confusion
Oct 9, 2004

Enigma89 posted:

It's a common joke phrase not an actual statement.

Enigma89 posted:

Papieren Bitte?

Out of Auslaender Mitleid, I'll put you out you out of your misery: it's Papiere bitte

I'll do a :toxx: , probate me for a month if 1. FC Koeln get relegated and/or for one week if Fortuna Duesseldorf get promoted.

Total Confusion fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Aug 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

OK guess I'll do a non-joke :toxx: too: probate me for a month if Hertha get relegated. Ban me if they play in the EL or CL next season (unless it's by that fair play poo poo again). Permaban me if they win the league.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Permaban everyone if Hertha wins the league imo

Also, in honor of our friend Mackintosh: :toxx: probate me for one day for each goal that Robert Lewandowski is behind the top scorer of the league at the end of the season

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Since I don't feel like tallying up the toxxes twice, I'm :siren:arbitrarily setting the deadline for Bundesliga :toxx:es to August 7th.:siren: On August 8th I'll go through the thread and make an effortpost with all the toxxes so Frankenfreak can put them in the OP.

Coincidentally, this will also be the date when the Bundesliga Kicktipp will be reset. Same rules as every year (Liga, Pokal, German UEFA games), but we're going to skip the first day of DFB-Pokal games again unless enough people are strongly opposed to it.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Why are you doing toxxes? Seems fairly retarded to me

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Hegay posted:

Why are you doing toxxes? Seems fairly retarded to me

Since the latest World Cup has proven that we as Germans are unstoppable, we need to provide our own challenges to overcome for the sake of good sportmanship and entertainment.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
I'm enjoying the toxxes, please keep doing it!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Trip Report: Had a lot of fun in Düsseldorf. The match was a great rollercoaster of emotions. Worst thing was a guy reacting to a bad call by shouting "Geh doch in die Badewanne!" at the ref. Saddest thing was that one lonely guy who futilely tried to make the "Puto!" shout a thing.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

frankenfreak posted:

Saddest thing was that one lonely guy who futilely tried to make the "Puto!" shout a thing.

It's a bit weird to talk about yourself in the third person tbh

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Was the Badewanne thing supposed to be a joke about Rafati? Because if so, I hope you did a hooliganism to the guy

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Please ban me if HSV gets relegated. :toxx:

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Valon Behrami have signed for HSV. Rückennummer 21!

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
That is actually a pretty decent deal and reduces the chances of them getting relegated, which is not cool and good

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

Dunban posted:

That is actually a pretty decent deal and reduces the chances of them getting relegated, which is not cool and good

It is very cool. According to MoPo he went for about €3.5M which is a stupidly low price.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Hey guys, I feel like it's 2013, again. Must be hard not to lose in Lautern even after a red card in the 20th minute.

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.

AlexF posted:

Hey guys, I feel like it's 2013, again. Must be hard not to lose in Lautern even after a red card in the 20th minute.

I only saw the score ticker at half and felt pretty good. Then I checked it after work. God drat it, Sechzig. God. drat. It.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
So Papadopoulos is being loaned to Leverkusen for one year. WTF? What's the logic behind that move for either club?

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
He doesn't know either.

SporkOfTruth posted:

I only saw the score ticker at half and felt pretty good. Then I checked it after work. God drat it, Sechzig. God. drat. It.

My dad bought three tickets for next week's game during the break because he and two friends wanted to go in case Sechzig wins. Yeah...

AlexF fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Aug 5, 2014

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

Reset Smith posted:

So Papadopoulos is being loaned to Leverkusen for one year. WTF? What's the logic behind that move for either club?

Leverkusen gets a potentially pretty solid defender for one season, Schalke won't have to worry about getting a player that was injured for 20 months back in shape and integrating him into a team that has an already shaky defense and is already integrating a bunch of young players. It could work out well for both. Until Papadopoulos breaks his knee two weeks into the season and ends his career before it really began.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

"Auf die SPORT1-Frage, weshalb es zu dem Wechsel gekommen sei, sagte er: "Ich weiß es nicht. Da müssen Sie den Trainer fragen"

lol, this is amazing

In other news, Bayern are currently in the US on a promotional tour. They're playing some garbagemen aka :airquote: MLS All Stars :airquote: tomorrow and had a press conference about it yesterday. Thierry Henry was also there and said this about Müller:

quote:

Einer der Weltmeister hat es Henry ganz besonders angetan. "Ich habe es schon oft zu Franck gesagt: Thomas Müller ist der Beste. Er spielt das, was Fußball bedeutet. Er tut das, was das Spiel von ihm verlangt. Klingt simpel, aber genau das ist das Schwierigste", sagte Henry.

Er empfiehlt sogar jungen Spielern, sich Müller zum Vorbild zu nehmen - und nicht Cristiano Ronaldo oder Lionel Messi.

"Ronaldo und Messi sind Freaks. Man kann sie nicht kopieren. Aber Müller kann man sich viel abschauen. Er arbeitet, verteidigt, greift. Er spielt genau richtig. Wenn ich einen Sohn hätte, würde ich ihm raten: 'Eifere Müller nach.'"

Henry owns, Müller owns. Someone post Müllerdancing.gif please, tia

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Smirr posted:

Was the Badewanne thing supposed to be a joke about Rafati? Because if so, I hope you did a hooliganism to the guy
Not a joke, dude sounded serious and seriously pissed. Didn't see him, though, so "no" on the second part.

Dunban posted:

"Auf die SPORT1-Frage, weshalb es zu dem Wechsel gekommen sei, sagte er: "Ich weiß es nicht. Da müssen Sie den Trainer fragen"

lol, this is amazing
I think the question should be directed at management instead. Getting him back into shape through a loan makes sense, but loaning him to a direct competitor makes none. Strengthening Leverkusen's squad depth is the last thing Schalke should be doing.

quote:

Henry owns, Müller owns. Someone post Müllerdancing.gif please, tia

Maradonna Summer
Oct 22, 2005

Our love will last forever

TRP Post Of The Tournament Winner World Cup 2014
I prefer the bigger, longer version, OP

http://min.us/i/ZUFMyMBY7vjt

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Maradonna Summer posted:

I prefer the bigger, longer version, OP

http://min.us/i/ZUFMyMBY7vjt
Well, mine was quick and dirty. I still think this is the best Müller dance.

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

frankenfreak posted:

I think the question should be directed at management instead. Getting him back into shape through a loan makes sense, but loaning him to a direct competitor makes none. Strengthening Leverkusen's squad depth is the last thing Schalke should be doing.

I don't know if it increases Leverkusens depth. Isn't Leverkusen getting rid of a couple of defenders? (Honestly not sure about that OP). But it sucks that they give him away when he apparently doesn't want to leave (while keeeping loving Santana). At least we can always be sure that Leverkusen will invariably crumble towards the end of the season, so Schalke will get third spot no matter what (w or wo Keller).

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

We can always use another CB and the consensus in our fanbase seems to be that Papadopoulos, if he gets back into shape, would fit perfectly with Toprak into the center of our defense. While I do agree with that, I personally think Spahic and Wollscheid are more than fit to rotate next to Toprak, so the transfer puzzles me as well. However, pert of the reason why we always "invariably crumble" toward the end of the season is that we never seem to have more than 16 Bundesliga-capable players in our squad and fatigue eventually sets in, so I'm all for adding some depth to the roster. If it works out, all the better.

Also, we didn't sell any defenders, we actually bought some! 3 including Papadopoulos (the others are Wendell as LB and Kedvaj as CB). So I guess we have 5 CBs now?

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Aug 5, 2014

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Dunban posted:

In other news, Bayern are currently in the US on a promotional tour. They're playing some garbagemen aka :airquote: MLS All Stars :airquote: tomorrow

Here for this, proper psyched. Didn't expect the cup winners to be here, but still glad to see Ribery, Alaba, Badstuber (!!), Shaq, and even these two new signings I hear are all the rage (Lev & Dobsky, I think, I dunno, I think they're faves of Mackintosh's)

e: Hoping this is as good as the last MLS All "star" match I saw (fun begins at 0:50): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=?8MERytPpXfc

Lazlow fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Aug 6, 2014

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

Lazlow posted:

Here for this, proper psyched. Didn't expect the cup winners to be here, but still glad to see Ribery, Alaba, Badstuber (!!), Shaq, and even these two new signings I hear are all the rage (Lev & Dobsky, I think, I dunno, I think they're faves of Mackintosh's)

e: Hoping this is as good as the last MLS All "star" match I saw (fun begins at 0:50): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=?8MERytPpXfc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MERytPpXfc

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

thanks, my phone posting sucks

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Walking around downtown Portland (aka "Soccer City USA") I see easily twenty Bayern jerseys for every Timbers/MLS jersey. Also had two car fulls of crazed Germans yell and honk and wave Bavarian flags and Bayern banners at me and all the other FCB jersey wearers on the street

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Lazlow posted:

Walking around downtown Portland (aka "Soccer City USA") I see easily twenty Bayern jerseys for every Timbers/MLS jersey. Also had two car fulls of crazed Germans yell and honk and wave Bavarian flags and Bayern banners at me and all the other FCB jersey wearers on the street

Pdx has a big German population, being a second generation in the states (please for the love of god don't flame me like that other dude) i can tell you it was nuts during the WC final. The pioneer square fan zone was filled with germans/german supporters.

edit: also the mls is loving mickey mouse league

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Smirr posted:

I hope that actually happens soon. I lovingly handcrafted that first post to piss him off, it'd be a shame if he's too busy stealing potatoes to read it

I am catching up on some threads and will return to this post in due time.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

mackintosh posted:

I am catching up on some threads and will return to this post in due time.

Oh my god, he's alive!

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

JG Wentworth posted:

Pdx has a big German population, being a second generation in the states (please for the love of god don't flame me like that other dude) i can tell you it was nuts during the WC final. The pioneer square fan zone was filled with germans/german supporters.

that explains all the red (and national team white) inside the stadium too, still more red than green in here

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

WTF, the little kid next to me got his jersey signed by Beckenbauer :wtc:

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

lol lewandowski with a beautiful strike, 2 more please

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Lewa scores at 8 minutes thanks to quality MLS defending

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

MLS WITH GOAL POST CAMERA TECHNOLOGY

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

JG Wentworth posted:

Oh for sure my dude.

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Was pleasantly surprised to see the entire team there; Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Mueller, Goetze, Neuer, and Boateng came on for the last 8 minutes or so, and Robben came on at 88ish for some reason. Why they decided to come here instead of continuing their vacation I have no idea. Contento managed to make himself look foolish during that short time too (no surprise there).

But overall a fun night, despite the bizarre MLS "traditions", like waving your scarf and loudly whispering "SHHH" in the pauses of the national anthem, or, you know, supporting MLS teams. Lol'd at Landycakes replacing Henry for all of ten minutes, during which he "scored" an obviously offside goal, and also at the MLS players fouling so much and playing like it was a world cup match.

Also, MLS TRP poster spotted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Christ, timg that poo poo.

• Locked thread