Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Ground floor for Weltmeister season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Drogadon posted:

Hello world champions.

I'm here to follow Mainz 05 because now Junior Diaz is cool and good.

I have officially set up alerts in fotmob and will watch whenever I can (so whenever they play Bayern probably because Bayern is mostly all the bundesliga they show around here).

enjoy the Bundesliga, buddy :respek:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

This gives me an idea. How about some :toxx:es for this season?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Those are some bitchass :toxx:es everyone, step it up.

Probate me for a week if Köln beats Leverkusen in any game this season.

Probate me for two weeks if they beat us twice.

Probate me for a month if they finish the season ahead of us.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

elbkaida posted:

Summer break is over, football is back! It's only the 3.Liga and you lot probably don't give a poo poo, but there are some more prolific teams battling for promotion including Osnabrück, Cottbus, Bielefeld, Dresden. They are however up against such crowd magnets as some Bundesliga second teams and the mighty SG Sonnenhof Großaspach.

I am sort of hosed since I can't go to matches any more and nobody bothers to show them on tv as far as I know, so it'll probably be a season spent in front of the liveticker. :toot:

WDR, MDR, BR and NDR show some live games, and highlights of most of the others; Sportschau shows highlights of one or two games each week as well. I'm super hype for 3. Liga because Fortuna Köln got promoted and I like my local teams, even 1. FC Köln to an extend (as long as they're worse than us and we beat them I'm cool w/ the Ziegen).

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

When the hell did Fährmann become good? I didn't notice him at all last season.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

wtf the German U19 won the EURO and I didn't hear about it until now. Hooray I guess, we even sent two players there!

:siren:There is football tonight!:siren: Die Beste 2. Liga Aller Zeiten starts at 20:30 with a cracker of a match: Düsseldorf - Braunschweig. :newlol:

*edit: Also, get those :toxx:es in, I'll tally them up soon and page a mod to give his seal of (dis)approval.

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Aug 1, 2014

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

frankenfreak posted:

It better be or lecker, lecker Altbier will be the only thing justifying my trip to Düsseldorf tonight.

Just do yourself a favor and drive right past Düsseldorf straight to Cologne.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Since I don't feel like tallying up the toxxes twice, I'm :siren:arbitrarily setting the deadline for Bundesliga :toxx:es to August 7th.:siren: On August 8th I'll go through the thread and make an effortpost with all the toxxes so Frankenfreak can put them in the OP.

Coincidentally, this will also be the date when the Bundesliga Kicktipp will be reset. Same rules as every year (Liga, Pokal, German UEFA games), but we're going to skip the first day of DFB-Pokal games again unless enough people are strongly opposed to it.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Hegay posted:

Why are you doing toxxes? Seems fairly retarded to me

Since the latest World Cup has proven that we as Germans are unstoppable, we need to provide our own challenges to overcome for the sake of good sportmanship and entertainment.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

We can always use another CB and the consensus in our fanbase seems to be that Papadopoulos, if he gets back into shape, would fit perfectly with Toprak into the center of our defense. While I do agree with that, I personally think Spahic and Wollscheid are more than fit to rotate next to Toprak, so the transfer puzzles me as well. However, pert of the reason why we always "invariably crumble" toward the end of the season is that we never seem to have more than 16 Bundesliga-capable players in our squad and fatigue eventually sets in, so I'm all for adding some depth to the roster. If it works out, all the better.

Also, we didn't sell any defenders, we actually bought some! 3 including Papadopoulos (the others are Wendell as LB and Kedvaj as CB). So I guess we have 5 CBs now?

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Aug 5, 2014

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Lol didn't they pull the same stunt last year? Good job.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Dunban posted:

Three years ago, but yeah.

what the gently caress has that really been three years

goddamn I'm old

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Toxx time is over, so here's A POST OF :toxx:ES (just quote this into the OP, Frankenfreak)

FC BAYERN
Healbot: Probate me for eleven years for a week if Bayern don't win the league (you read that right).
Smirr: Probate me for 6 hours if Bayern don't win the Schale.

BORUSSIA DORTMUND
MuLepton: Probate me for one week each time Dortmund beats Bayern plus one additional day for each goal they score more in that match.

FC SCHALKE
Myron: Probate me for 2 weeks if Schalke doesn't get rid of Keller. (If he goes back to being youth coach, that also counts as getting rid of him.)

BAYER LEVERKUSEN
bignose: Probate me for a week if Leverkusen beats Köln at the RheinEnergie Stadion.

Katana Gomai: Probate me for a week if Köln beats Leverkusen in any game this season.
Probate me for two weeks if they beat us twice.
Probate me for a month if they finish the season ahead of us.

General Probe: Probate me one day for every -1 GD Leverkusen finishes with in Europe this season.
Probate me for one week if they fail to finish top four this season.
Probate me for three weeks if they get no CL/EL spot.
Ban me if they are relegated, but that's not going to happen.

FC AUGSBURG
Honj Steak: Ban me if Augsburg gets relegated.

VFB STUTTGART
bignose: Probate me for a month if Stuttgart fires Veh during the season.

HERTHA BSC
Smirr: probate me for a month if Hertha get relegated.
Ban me if they play in the EL or CL next season (unless it's by that fair play poo poo again).
Permaban me if they win the league.

WERDER BREMEN
scourgeofthe7bees: For the point difference between Werder and first-place team, multiply that number by 12 and probate me for that many hours.
If this number is 0, that means Werder have won the league at which point I would like a custom title of "WERDER PLASTIC - MILLIARDEN JAHRE GRÜN-WEIß" (I don't think it works that way - KG.)

HAMBURGER SV
Frungy!: Please ban me if HSV gets relegated.

azathosk: I'll jump on the toxx train as well. Probate me for a week if HSV does NOT sack Mirko Slomka before January.

1. FC KÖLN
Gold and a Pager: probate me for a month if 1. FC Koeln get relegated and/or for one week if Fortuna Duesseldorf get promoted.

1. FC NÜRNBERG
frankenfreak: gently caress it, I'll toxx as well. Taking my inspiration from Katana Gomai, probate me for one week every time Greuther beat us and ban me if they finish the season ahead of us.

nippythefish: Nürnberg advances to 1.Bundesliga at the conclusion of the season. I'll take a ban if this doesn't happen.

ROBERT LEWANDOWSKI (lol)
Dunban: Also, in honor of our friend Mackintosh: probate me for one day for each goal that Robert Lewandowski is behind the top scorer of the league at the end of the season

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Smirr posted:

lol that 6 hour toxx was supposed to be a joke, but whatever. I think I'll survive

I figured, but you posted it regardless. :twisted:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

FC Kopenhagen. I'll take it.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Reminder that the OP of this very thread will be on probation for a week if Nürnberg loses tonight.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

frankenfreak posted:

:suicide: See you in one week!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

loving lol

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

I am so glad I'm at least partially responsible for this.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

:frogsiren: THE KICKTIPP HAS BEEN RESET :frogsiren:

For now it only consists of the Bundesligatipps as well as the DFB-Pokal (starting in the 2nd round). The German UEFA games will be added as soon as the group stages have been drawn. The only rule change this season is that I changed the deadline from 5 minutes to one minute prior to kickoff.

http://www.kicktipp.de/goons/

*returning players won't have to sign up again. I'll purge non-returnees a couple weeks into the season.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Now now boys, keep a lid on your FCB/BVB rage for just one more day.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

DFB Pokal starts today and The Leverkusens are playing so I am hype.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

1-0 Kießling after 1 minute, nice

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

jfc Kies with his 4th goal after 40 minutes

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

lol Chemnitz might steal this one

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Holy gently caress I feel so loving bad for Frankenfreak. :( What a way to start the season.

loving lol at Mainz though, that was awesome. And there have only been 3 cup games so far!

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

ephex posted:

its also good to know with all the things going on around the world that nürnber is still a dumb idiot club for turdface idiots

It really feels like everything that should rightfully happen to Hamburg happens to Nürnberg instead.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

lmao senile old Franz thinks Manchester United is still a big international club. Alzheimer's is a hell of a condition.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Please football God, let HSV lose this.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Reus is poo poo, he's not even Weltmeister lmao

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Smirr posted:

If Hamburg somehow manage to dusel their way through this I'll be really loving mad

I just realized I'm pretty loving indifferent to the whole thing. HSV is like a lovely forum troll, just ignore them and move on.

*edit: if I could vote HSV "1", I would.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

elbkaida posted:

Bahaha, eat it Schalke!

Sadly I don't live in Dresden now and had to watch it on TV. Rest assured I was making monkey sounds and throwing banana peels at the TV as soon as someone darker than me was shown!

Unironically love that you're rolling w/ this. Dresden is a poo poo show but that win was well deserved, enjoy.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Welcome back

Also Champions League time, let's go the Leverkusens

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

No

nonononono

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Fick ja!

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Apparently Dortmund is going to (needlessly) sell more of their club shares in order to earn some 110m (gauged by today's stock quote so it'll probably end up being less). BVB fans seem to be psyched by this, personally I wonder whether they realize the amount of shares in a club is finite so basically BVB are selling themselves for a quick buck. Signal Iduna and Puma each want to pick up ~5% it seems. I wonder what percentage of shares will still be owned by the club itself after all this is done.

Also lol investing money in football clubs etc.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Can't wait until Dortmund realizes the reason why all their good players leave is not money.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

22 active players in the Kicktipp. :stare:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Pand posted:

Schlake as bad as my tippkicks

Same, but I am very ok with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

General Probe posted:

I always do a big lol when I remember Keller is their coach and he's way out of his depth.

Horst Heldt was on Sky before the game and the entire situation is so bizzare. Basically the interviewer asked him if he's aware that Keller is already being criticized constantly (not that he ever really wasn't) and Heldt just refused to acknowledge it. The next question then was how long he thinks it'll take for Schalke supporters to turn on Keller again and he once again claimed that the only people criticizing Keller are/were "outsiders" and the management/supporters will not turn on Keller.

Yea right.

• Locked thread