Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
Good to see Dortmund still love playing football, as opposed to those rich jaded hollywood stars from the south. If they keep that game up, they might be only a single-digit number of points behind Bayern at the end of the season. High hopes!
Also glad they are finally rid of Lewandowski, I always knew he was overrated. Can't wait to see him being offside some more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
It's amazing how all those professional football people seem to agree that, of all the football players, Marco Reus could very well play for FCB. Like, a young, very talented offensive midfielder who scores a lot of goals. What could one of the world's most successful football clubs want with him? If only I could comprehend the vast knowledge of people like the Kaiser.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
Seems like Dortmund is finally done and unable to compensate for yet another major player leaving and all the additional injuries. Immobile is so incredibly bad, Reus has lost all skill and courage due to missing the World Cup and the midfielders have no idea what to do without Hummels, Sahin or Gündogan.
Leverkusen meanwhile continues to be my least favourite team, they score some lucky goals against us and spend the remaining time destroying the game and wasting as much time as possible. It's obviously effective and well done, but it pisses me off so much right now, as you can imagine.

Next week against Augsburg, I am cautiosly optimistic, maybe they'll win the first point of the season.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
1. Sorry for that

2. Yes, I am. It's not necessarily the end of the world, but except for the Supercup match, every match I've seen so far show the inability to deal with how the squad changes over time, even more so with the list of players injured or out of shape. It's really frustrating how easyly Leverkusen seemed to completely destroy Dortmund's game. Immobile, Reus, Kehl, Jojic and Durm couldn't do anything right. Micky and Auba didn't have any luck. The last time I felt like this was after the 0-3 against Hamburg last season.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
According to basically every news outlet, Shinji Kagawa is coming home, almost for free because LvG hates good football. That's awesome. If they keep Reus for another year before he's parked on Real's bench, I'm sure this season will be good after all.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
I haven't watched any ManUnited games so I can't really say anything about his development either. It's mainly because he was one of the golden generation, that's true. But I'm sure there are worse ways to spend 10 millions on the market these days. The fans love him, he knows the system and as you've seen last week there is a desperate need for some creativity in the offense.
Also, who's currently playing in the midfield? Micky and Jojic never where as good as Kagawa was, Sahin will probably move to the defense when Kehl retires, Gündogan is not an option. So unless he really lost most of his talent in Manchester it sounds like a great deal.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
Let's make it 3-3 please. This is ridiculous.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
When Slomka got his job at HSV last year, they immediately demolished Dortmund 3-0. So if they don't destroy Pep's mediocre team with the performance of a lifetime, featuring Thomas Tuchel or Felix Magath, I'm going to be very disappointed.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
Remember last year's 0-2 against Gladbach? Today was worse. Please let Hummels come back and fire Ginter into the sun.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
Breaking News: Mkhitaryan, during the ten minutes he played yesterday, managed to destroy his ankle and won't play for four weeks. This is ridiculous. They should just send some ragtag group of amateurs to the next two Bundesliga games so the main players can get some rest.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
Dortmund vs Stuttgart is like watching an episode of The Strain. It should be good because many people involved have done good things in the past. But it turns out to be absolutely terrible. Still you continue to suffer through it. Then the last 10 minutes are amazing so you think "drat I hate this but I'll watch the next ep as well".

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
Poorussia Failmund. As soon as the commentator mentioned that Kyiotake hadn't scored in ages I knew he would score with a perfect technique. Incredible.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009

mackintosh posted:

Football remains dead for another week. Well played you insufferable cunts. Very enjoyable game.

Agreed. Don't think I'll even watch next weeks inevitable loss against Gladbach. This is probably also the point where the players are broken psychologically. Just give Reus to the Bayern in the winter break and get relegated ffs

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
At least Hummels is injured again.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
Kramer was just too fed up with Dortmund's inability to score.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
It's the same ref who gave a penalty and a red card against Schmelzer for defending a ball with his leg some time ago.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
I have a hard time getting used to the idea of Dortmund without Klopp, but it is getting more and more likely every week. They should at least be thorough and also fire Zorc, Ginter and Micky.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
Victory! Fortunately the referees were incompetent on both sides of the pitch this time. Aubameyang was clearly on-side, but that Subotic tackle near the end was a penalty, no doubt.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
A former Dortmund player scores? I am shocked! Well that's the next loss they are so bad it's funny.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
Goodbye Klopp! It was nice while it lasted but obviously the squad is playing against the manager, as the saying goes.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009

Jose posted:

I only caught the last 15 minutes but they were just aimlessly launching it up the pitch hoping for something to happen. Klopp needs to stop that otherwise they're definitely going down

I watched the entire match and it was this all the time. From both squads, to be fair. It was just a horrible game to watch and I don't see Dortmund improving in the near future because they can't do poo poo in the enemy's box. Immobile, Reus, Kampl, later Ramos - everyone was there but nothing worked.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009

Lot 49 posted:

I want to know this too.

Can some Dortmund fan write an effort post explaining their collapse this season pls.

I'll give this a shot. In my opinion, it's of course a combination of different, interconnected, terrible things.
1. Under Klopp, Dortmund can play one style of football. Attacking the enemy player immediately and as soon as they gain possession, switch to full offense mode, a quick counterattack, and then score because the other team cannot react in time. Which worked amazingly well for a couple of years, but now just about every team has adapted to this style of play. Especially those teams who are, by the numbers, worse than Dortmund - HSV, Köln, Frankfurt, Freiburg, Bremen. All they have to do is form a strong defense. When Dortmund have possession and the enemy defense is doing a proper job, they cannot do anything. They have no way of breaking through defensive lines. And Klopp cannot do anything because for some reason he doesn't want to, or cannot, teach his players how to do that, and he has no players anywhere in the squad who are able to.
This leads to a new situation - Dortmund is being beaten by the same style of football they had once mastered. At some point during their haphazard attempts to break through the defense, some player gets nervous, plays a risky pass, the ball is lost to the enemy and they score with their own counterattack. Look at the teams which Dortmund played really well against: Bayern, Wolfsburg, everybody in the Champions League. Because none of those are content with being in the defense and waiting for mistakes, they instead play offensively, which fits Dortmund's style.

2. The defense is a mess. They couldn't deal with whatever it was - the world cup, injuries, and so on, but there is no defensive stability in the team. Almost every game this season they had to play with a different set of defenders. Hummels, Subotic and Durm are all completely out of shape, other important players are injured too often, and you have new guys like Ginter who don't fit into the team yet. Klopp obviously couldn't form a strong team out of his defenders, which is why they were so easily beaten by those counter attacks mentioned above.

3. The same applies to the offense. If you look at the squad for each game, there is constant rotation between Aubameyang, Immobile and Ramos so they can never learn how to properly cooperate with those guys in the midfield who are supposed to bring the ball to them so they can score. Klopp faces the very difficult task of replacing one really good striker who had years of experience in the team, with a bunch of completely new guys who don't know the team.

So all in all, and it pains me to say that because I like him, Klopp is beaten. He had a lot of time to come up with some kind of countermeasure against defensive teams and to integrate the new players into the squad, and he failed at both. Yes, they had a bunch of bad luck, some referee decisions against them and those 35 times they hit the post instead of the goal, but when it comes to the goals they conceded, 90% happen in the exact same way, because the exact same mistakes are made, and that is just ridiculous.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
Dortmund speeding towards relegation at the speed of light! And it's the exact same procedure I described above. Augsburg is doing reasonably well in the defense and just needs to wait.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
Yeah he dragged him down, Auba got back up and tried to shoot still but couldn't even hit the ball properly. Not an advantage. Considering Jancker kept dragging Aubas shirt while he was getting back up.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
Don't forget Kagawa, who decided to dive instead of taking a shot from 10 meters because an opponent briefly touched him from behind.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
What happened to Dortmund why are they suddenly good. Is that the first time this season they scored three times?

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
I know they're bad but so are Hamburg and Bremen and Hertha BSC and Dortmund never lost to Augsburg before, so I would be lying if I said I expected them to win today.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
You could make a video of all the goals Dortmund concedes this season and put Yakety Sax over it, that would be pure art.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
This game is what we call Not gegen Elend. Lol 2-3, I cannot believe this.

e: I love how some random guy just runs onto the pitch and ... nothing happens. I guess all the security people already went home?

sicDaniel fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Feb 20, 2015

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
May I?

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
He's contractually obligated to set the bar as low as possible for Tuchel.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
I agree, but still I don't like to see him go. I liked him as a personality. When it comes to sports, I greatly prefer somebody who screams and makes caveman faces and insults interviewers when they ask stupid questions. Much better than spineless boring average Joe's like Roger Schmidt.
But Tuchel? My first reaction was that they should rather get somebody who is able to deal with "big" players like Reus, Immobile or Micky and who has some experience in international tournaments, but then I realized that in all likelihood most of these issues won't be relevant next season.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
Dortmund confirms signing Tuchel for next season, nobody is surprised.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
30 Million for Gündogan? In German there is a saying for that: "mit Kusshand".

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
Looking at the remaining matchdays, Schalke should get nothing less than 12 points against Paderborn, Hamburg, Stuttgart and Köln. Dortmund still faces Wolfsburg, Bremen, Hoffenheim, Hertha. Much more difficult in my opinion. Augsburg meet the Bayern and Mönchengladbach so there is a possibility.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
Müller could have scored still, but he had to throw a tantrum.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
I can't even. Slapstick pur.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009

frankenfreak posted:

So that's why Gagelmann didn't give them any penalties. He knew they would miss anyway.

This forever

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
Everything is going great for Dortmund. EL here we come! Augsburg are allowed a draw because they clearly have the easiest opponent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009

Torrannor posted:

You jinxed it!

The Bremen match will be a finale anyway and they'll destroy them. Revenge for the Hinrunde. In the worst case both teams will have 46 points but Dortmund has more goals.

• Locked thread