Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

The nostalgia critic fans are terrible weeaboos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

butplug accident posted:

rlm is unfunny, wrongheaded poo poo for stupid nerds, but i liked their starwars prequel reviews and that jack and jill video where they correctly point out that the movie is a total scam

look at how wrong this nerd is

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

side_burned posted:

Internet reviewing becoming a thing has to be the weirdest consequence of the great recession. Spooney's popularity is a really good argument for heavy regulation of the finical industry; if back in 2008 he had been able to find an alright IT job after graduating from ASU and not found himself depressed, living with his parents and dwelling on how much Final Fantasy 8 sucked the world could have been spared a lot of unnecessary drama and one awful fan-base.

Yes but then where would we get two hour long videos of him eating weird flavored Asian snacks with his bored looking girlfriend?

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Trixie Hardcore posted:

At this point I can no longer tell if that is a joke description or an actual video.

http://spoonyexperiment.com/vlogs/spoony-april-try-mitsuwa-market-food-3/

This is the third video.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

SunAndSpring posted:

well, the vids he does about D&D and poo poo are ok, if equally long as gently caress and meandering about 90% of the time. everything else though is usually garbage.

I like his d&d/RPG view but I think it's great that he not only makes really inane videos from time to time but that his fans eat that poo poo up.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Wanna listen to Spoony talk about wrestling for two hours? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggVrk4ePyDo

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Power_of_the_glory posted:

The worst Spoony videos are the ones where he has just returned from watching a newly released movie and "reviewing" it. The video tend to be longer than the actual movies themselves.

He rages so much at the smallest thing in movies, and he used to be much worse. I guess that's the main draw of the videos because it's not like his commentary is particularly thoughtful or interesting. People love to see him rage.

Robo Reagan posted:

or skip ~10 minutes of an idiot fumbling with the packaging tape, forcing him to make a 2 parter, and instead check Amazon/the product's site for what's in the box

why do people who make unboxing videos always breath so loudly when they're unboxing?

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Parallax Scroll posted:

you watch unboxing videos often enough to ask this

I spend a lot of time on the internet. Sheer osmosis, man.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

timp posted:

Any and all of the Monster Madness videos, Location tours especially Rocky Jumped a Park Bench and the Ghostbusters one, Name that Tune, Lookin at Books, James and Mike Mondays

I mean yeah it's all centered around video games, movies, and TV, thought that'd be obvious......

The monster madness videos are great and they're why I love Godzilla so much now.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

I liked the nostalgia critic after I finished high school around 2005 because in high school I was a mega dork in the anime club and people having fake outrage fits was like really funny to us and the nostalgia critic made me feel like I never grew apart from that group of friends. Now I don't like the nostalgia critic because when I think about myself in high school I literally cringe like I'll be on the subway and then I'll remember myself from back then and I can't help but screw up my face like I'm about to sneeze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

We've fused with the goons.jpg thread

• Locked thread