Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
rlm is unfunny, wrongheaded poo poo for stupid nerds, but i liked their starwars prequel reviews and that jack and jill video where they correctly point out that the movie is a total scam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
also rlm's sole joke in most vids is letting the camera roll on for a little longer than necessary to make the scene "awkward". it's like good job getting so much mileage out of a single of larry david's devices

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

A misanthrope posted:

he's a :troll: but he's not wrong about the starwars prequel reviews being among best things RLM created. also the star trek reviews are really good.

you dont get to call anyone a sperg when you're a psychotically lonely 30 year old catlady who thinks firefly is a masterpiece or w/e

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
btw it's obvious rlm realizes that all their skits fall on their rear end, since they decided to play them off as faux-ironic instead. especially that skit with the knife on the wall and all the props being deliberately fake. it's a chill "post-ironic" posture that was delightfully anarchic and subversive when i saw it on early jay leno

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

A misanthrope posted:

???

why do you think im 30 and a catlady?

also tell us how you think kubrick is a hack

i'm sure your relentless cat posting persona is ironic. and re: kubrick, i think he makes bland cartoons for adults that rely almost entirely on mood music, fancy metaphors that people can feel clever about figuring out, and empty cinematographic tricks.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
the forced laff of a moron is not threatening to anyone, just fyi

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Captain Rufus posted:

Also Full Metal Jacket legit rules and Kubrick deserves praise for it if nothing else.
( 2001 and that movie where Tom Cruise spends most of it trying to get laid not so much. They were kind of boring.)

full metal jacket and dr. strangelove are his best and funniest movies, because gustav hasford and terry southern were there to write it

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

FreudianSlippers posted:

What makes cinematography empty?

when it's used as a stylistic crutch, or in attempts to conceal the banality of the performances by wrapping them in a thousand layers of visual (and acoustic) processing

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Robo Reagan posted:

the best are probably these YT channels that pop up in the recommended section and the title is always some like "Is Link dead in Majora's Mask?" or something like that and I think the channel is called Game Theorists and it sounds awful. like hmmm i'm going to do the equivalent of looking at cave paintings and use that as proof of ancient aliens except w/ video game characters

stick with people like ian bogost and jesse schell if you want "videogame theory". every single show like game theory and extra credits is written by clueless goobers for a mass audience of chin strokers

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
the reviews only appear good because they're contrasted with the painfully unfunny skits and jokes

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

happyhippy posted:

You're that guy who wrote the dissertation refuting their Star Wars videos aren't you.

RLM did peak at the SW and Star Trek reviews, but its Best of the Worst episodes are pretty decent in making fun at lovely movies.

their starwars voiceover reviews are one of the few things i enjoyed from them. but half in the bag is simply terrible and all their jokes fall flat and follow the same rhythms. and their opinions are never insightful or funny. even that jack and jill episode they could have made fun of the whole inbred publicity scam that is hollywood but of course they do nothing of the sort

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Robo Reagan posted:

except the whole thing was about how Adam Sandler was just doing it for a ton of money? idk what you want man

they act as if what he did was unprecedented or remarkable in hollywood. it's not.

• Locked thread