Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ryand-Smith posted:

So Pope Guilty, what you are saying is, if I have this right, it is OK to commit crime, and then be forgiven for it because you had a hard experience? If so, it was perfectly fine for the police to violate people's rights to privacy, they were being forced by their command to do so. I mean, I want to know if you think that it is ok to commit crime, regardless of exceptional skill, because by that logic I should start smuggling people from my homeland in freighter since they are engineers and doctors, and America needs more STEM workers!

It's hard for many D&Ders to get upset over commuting the crime of coming over and living in a place. Murder, theft, and even white collar crimes are much more exciting and dangerous to the society at large.

Also, the STEM thing is a whole 'nother kettle of fish. I'd argue people talk about needing more STEM workers to drive down their wages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread