Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

A sincere thank you for playing this so I don't have to give EA any of my money. I'm eager to see what I've missed from Bioware's finest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Fedule posted:

It was brought up in the video, but I can expand on it; KOTOR2 had an astoundingly great opening.

A important distinction here is that KOTOR2 was not done by Bioware, but rather by the fine folks at Obsidian... and a third-party group which finished the game by adding in restored content. I thought the group was Team Gizka, but apparently I was wrong?

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Most of that turian professional military squad being taken out by sniper fire, in a known hot zone, while wearing no helmets, and standing silhouetted on top of a ruined building. The sniper(s are) is more the idiot for not taking out the turian with bomb defusing skills, but that's a tangent.

Also, if the video is supposedly set in a populated area, why haven't the krogan come to investigate the gunfire and explosions? And considering the wildlife on the planet, why haven't any examples shown up during the firefight?

Oh what a surprise, the Primarch's son dies heroically in the process of defusing the bomb. :rolleyes:

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Lt. Danger posted:

Is this really what's important here?

To me, yes, since I never played the game I want to see what Bioware developed. I tune you out during in-game dialogue because I'm more interested in the game you're LPing, not what you're saying. Other than that, my opinion of your own script is, what I assume for you, a not exactly entertaining neutral to agreement depending on the theme discussed. Having not played the game, some of what you've spoken of is disconnected from my understanding of the presentation.

The whole turian military there being incredibly perpendicular to how present day military, despite hundreds of years of growth and experience in tactics, technology and strategy on us is indeed immersion breaking to me, plot contrivance or no. While there is some precedent for this, ie Turians favoring capital ship classes to Humans favoring carriers and fighter squadrons and Turians being blind-sided by this, I would think a species who favors a aggressive stance would have more of a grasp on small-scale military actions. This being a pro-Player/Shepard first, pro-human second, work of fiction does prevent that, and favors humanity over the buffoonery of aliens.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Neruz posted:

There are a lot of LP's about Mass Effect 3 but I cant think of any that are actually about Mass Effect 3. (The game rather than the story\themes\what bioware is saying\whatever)

This is another reason I'm watching Lt. Danger's LP. I am interested in what he has to say. It's just that in-game dialogue takes precedence over him talking over it. During the combat sections I'm all ears to him.

• Locked thread