Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You know that whole Arab Spring thing really died out quick I wonder what happened to that lol prolly nothin'.
--A Goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Filippo Corridoni posted:

Nope. that bullshit is for sanctimonious middle-class liberals, a protest is a big COMPLETELY inoffensive way to tell people you are "standing" for x cause. It is the real life equivalent of talking real loud about your loving political opinions to impress people.

Anyone who goes to protests are either bragging about it at parties (right after stories about loving vacations) or they're bragging about it in their loving squat/college dorm.

I've got no love for protestors.

Says a guy who's mad his pet perspective never got protested for or against.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

quote:

It is the real life equivalent of talking real loud about your loving political opinions to impress people.

Like I just want to single this out, print it off, and mount it some where so people can look at it and be like "Yes, that IS the point actually, lol".

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Gazpacho posted:

Occupy Wall Street squatted public parks for weeks on end without permits and people still act like the police response needs some extraordinary explanation

Yeah, what the gently caress is up with people protesting things without getting a permit to do so?
loving hippie bullshit for sure.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You dumb fucker

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

paranoid randroid posted:

im more prepared to believe the american government is actually just really loving huge and has a ton of inertia and is run by people who are terrified of any change whatsoever than i am prepared to believe that a bunch of sullen office dipshits and liberty university graduates are capable of employing machiavellian social controls

I know the comparisons are trite and over used, but yeah 'America' (or just western democracy general) is going to keep on rolling like 'Romanism' in the Eastern empire. We could have a nuclear war and our societal structure will still permeate the landscape for several hundred years.

Owns.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Gazpacho posted:

Lol read your local ordinances idiot

Hmm I can't have more than 3 chickens. Well I guess that taking to the streets in protest of universal interests is right out

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Think protests are useless 5 years ago? The protests of the now are waged on Facebook. Every time that picture of Obama lookin crazy and possessed gets circulated on some old or young fucks Facebook they are participating in a very lame protest. Everytime one of your burnout buddies posts that list of things you should know before talking to cops you've both participated in a really lazy protest.

We don't go outside anymore, we click like on the tea party Facebook group that tells us about the dangerous knockout game or we make an angry post in the comments of the vice article about the gun lobby in America.

We have all found an even shittier, less useful way to bring change to society than the lovely do nothing protests of 3-5 years ago.

You sound mad.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Cyberball 2072 posted:

The Phoenix occupy "camp" was home to two things, raving, ranting rear end in a top hat anarchists who had no concept of an indoor voice. And fat SJW bitches passive aggressively killing time until the next dashcon constantly informing the camp about how someone just tried to hand them a pamphlet on hunger or whatever and how that triggered them and that camp was supposed to be a safe space.

And yet you were there to see these things.
Weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"Guys let me tell you about how awful Occupy camps were in such detail that it's apparent that I was there and actively participating in them and then ask you to judge them."

Alternatively,

"Guys let me tell you about how awful Occupy camps were because I read about them online and those guys are fags."

• Locked thread