Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cis white male
Jul 5, 2014

i'm a fag i'm a lesbian
Zizek got a book out of Occupy that compares the whole thing to 'The Wire', so no,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cis white male
Jul 5, 2014

i'm a fag i'm a lesbian

Aristotle Animes posted:

No because pacifism is the hegemonic order of the day and until that gets broken they are pretty much just theater that gives this democracy the whiff of legitimacy because everyone got their chance to have their say before the police started cracking heads so Free Speech in America wouldn't disrupt the evening commute.

yah, democracy and 'freedom of thought' is really just 'freedom to be a slave'

cis white male
Jul 5, 2014

i'm a fag i'm a lesbian
the American govt is extremely powerful and has unimaginable tools of social control at its fingertips and will only be destroyed in a complete economic and/or environmental collapse, and even then will use increasingly openly facist means to retain its power until the bitter end.

cis white male
Jul 5, 2014

i'm a fag i'm a lesbian
going to be hilarious and I can't wait for the earth to be burned and will try to survive for as long as possible. I think a lot of millennial scan sense conciously or unconsciously what is 'coming' which is the cause of widespread apathy and mental illness because there is a sense that nothing matters and any savings will just be wiped out anyway by the impending calamities lol

cis white male
Jul 5, 2014

i'm a fag i'm a lesbian

Fiend posted:

Occupy got really big and they even had their own library.

after the whole thing collapsed in Seattle my sister brought a girl named "Jasmine" home, she has dreads and smelled bad and saw a textbook I had laying out called "The Nature of the Study of Religion" and when she found out I go to school she smirked and started cooing about the library they had at Occupy as if it were the equivalent of a university education except more "pure" because it was community owned

• Locked thread