Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which PSX JRPG is the worst?
Final Fantasy VIII
Legend of Dragoon
SaGa Frontier
Legend of Legaia
View Results

• Locked thread
Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
You should play Legend of Dragoon. It keeps you involved in battle and if you can't land Lavitz' gust of wind dance you're a huge scrub baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

conceitedguy posted:

Legend of Dragoon is poo poo.

The translation is bonkers and the QTE thing is entertaining for a time, it's worth playing some. It's hasn't really aged worth a drat but it was cool when it came out.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
ff8 is a cool game and i wish it was hard. it's morrowind hard in that you can't avoid breaking it in some way

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
if parasite eve counts

play parasite eve you fucker

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

fronz posted:

whats a good jrpg other than smt4 on 3ds

people say bravely default but i wasn't huge on it. I count etrian odyssey as jrpgs and both 4 and untold own and I have a backlog of other stuff to play

smt4 is one in the strictest sense though

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Legend of Dragoon translation is so loving bad I don't know how I didn't notice it the first time I played it, aside from the obvious instance of

"Save your breath, you'll be okay" or whatever -> "Shut up, talking makes you die."

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

oswald ownenstein posted:

FF9 was great until about the 3rd or 4th disc.

Never played Parasite Eve I remember that being some crazy thing. PS2 right

parasite eve 1 and 2 are two of the best psx games

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

The Sharmat posted:

Final Fantasy Tactics was actually the best Final Fantasy, I think you guys will find

emulate the psp version with ppsspp after installing the anti slowdown patch and bind a key to fast forward and you have a good copy of fft finally

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
presona 3 is a little irritating because normal is too drat easy except superbosses and difficult is in an annoying balance between hard and party wipe because enemy AI decided to do something bullshit

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Widestancer posted:

Persona 2 has some of the most boring combat I have ever tried. The series definitely got better as it went on.

it has some of the best characters and concepts, and the worst goddamn gameplay

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
sora has more hearts than link

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

The Sharmat posted:

I'm getting this FFXII IZJS acronym thing

what am I in for that's so different form the base game?

a job system (one time pick for each character), no damage cap, a fast forward button, respawning chests

katanas can be any element now

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
do not make bad decisions because you can never change jobs ever

this isn't a big deal unless you want to do superbosses low effort though, i think even a 3 time mage team can do everything

edit: you can control all party members. this is not new. but now it includes guests and espers

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jul 23, 2014

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Widestancer posted:

Not really. Because they have longer animations for guns and bows Balthier and Fran are respectively the worst with each but only by a tiny bit

Make Fran a breaker and do whatever with everyone else imo

it is a difference of frames but it's funny that the two characters who use the weapons ingame are the worst with them

monk vaan is sick as hell, so's red mage vaan

vvvv owned

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

The Sharmat posted:

in the IZJS version of FFXII I just made Vaan a hunter because he starts with a knife

I've already hosed up haven't I?

vaan is a sicknasty hunter and it's possible to get him a midgame knife before you go into the plot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the answer loving hates you

• Locked thread