Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
How fast does Cricket go, generally, once you pass your 4g data allotment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

ThermoPhysical posted:

I haven't been able to play music all day today on my phone and I can't download Speedtest to check. It pretty much completely stopped working for music and app downloads but Something and Sync Pro work decently.

Maybe your phone switched to GSM?

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Anywhere online I can go to find people to go in on a Cricket group pay?

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I'm waiting to get a replacement debit card and my Cricket plan runs out tomorrow, is there any way to pay with paypal or something? I know there's cards you can buy but I'm not sure if there's any stores near me that carry them.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I got my Cricket stuff setup at my local Gamestop but yeah it was a pretty positive experience, nobody there had any idea what they were doing but they were very open with the fact that they had no idea what they were doing.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Has anyone else had their Cricket cycle reset like 10 days earlier then it's supposed to? I'd call but I've heard their customer service is a super pain and I haven't really had any problems otherwise

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
whats the actual limit on the cricket unlimited...bcuz u know unlimited never actually is

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Blue Train posted:

afaict it's unlimited but speed is capped at 8mpbs

drat, this + the Hotspots that they (currently) don't stop is actually a better deal than any isp in my lovely rural area then.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
My friend switched briefly but went back to AT&T because they made porting his number a total hassle, then again poor customer service seems like the norm for every phone service provider so as long as you don't have to go through too much you should be okay.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I'll also say I can use my Oneplus One's wireless Hotspot with Cricket and it works totally fine. Actually for like 2 months it was the only internet I had, I switched to the unlimited plan and used some insane amount of data through the Hotspot, like over a terabyte

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
If you have an older phone that doesn't go through the carrier for Hotspots you can definitely do it that way for free on Cricket.